Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2017, 18:11   #46
BHPian

Re: Exploring the magnificent 7 States of North-East India on motorcycles

Great travelogue!! Hats off to you guys. I am from Assam and have not visited these many places. To top it all Sivasagar is my mother's hometown, and although I have heard numerous stories about the maidam, kareng ghar etc, I never took the effort to visit these places. Now you have inspired me to plan a trip there. Thanks.

By the way, out of curiosity, wanted to know how much time it took you from Jowai to Dawki, especially the last 8 to 10 kms before reaching Dawki.
pduttaghy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 17:17   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pduttaghy View Post
Great travelogue!! Hats off to you guys.Now you have inspired me to plan a trip there. Thanks.

By the way, out of curiosity, wanted to know how much time it took you from Jowai to Dawki, especially the last 8 to 10 kms before reaching Dawki.
Thanks a lot and all the best for your trip.

Jowai to Dawki roads were in excellent conditions when we did it in December. It was butter smooth roads till the last turn to Dawki. Just that there were too many trucks in last couple of kilometres.
Old 4th October 2019, 16:56   #48

Lovely travelogue rk_sans. We are planning a bike trip from Guwahati coming December. Its a 11 day trip and below is the snapshot of the destinations planned. Ignore the route part as we did not stick to one yet. I have two questions for you:
1. Whats is the average KM's one could cover in a day in this trial (we have a couple of newbie riders in our group as well)
2. Day 1 we want to reach Kohima from Guwahati (is this practical based on your experience)
3. Any other golden piece of advice for this circuit

PS: Bikes and hotels will booked through a travel agency contacted through travel triangle.
Attached Thumbnails
Exploring the magnificent 7 States of North-East India on motorcycles-ne_bt.jpg  

Old 27th May 2020, 18:49   #49

Finally did this trip in December last year. I have below two incidents/updates who are planning their trip to Tawang.

1. While we are on our way to Tawang (through Bhalukpong) we got stuck in between for 6 hours because of land slides. Heard from locals that it is pretty common in that stretch.
2. On return journey we choose the other against suggestions from tour operators and locals through Kalaktang. Trust this is complete thar road. Wonder why no one recommends this route at all. Suggest everyone to choose Kalaktang road rather than Bhalukpong.

Here is link to YOutube travelogue on the same :
naveen4ru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 11:46   #50
BHPian

Awesome travelogue... very detailed and informative. And pictures are equally impressive. Thanks for sharing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks