Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2017, 13:13   #16
BHPian

Re: Rented an RE Himalayan from Caferides; rode to Ilaveezha Poonchira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraholic View Post

TYPE5: Biker-Non Biker- My category. A Biker-non biker is born that very moment!
Awesome write-up. Thoroughly enjoyed reading. This has woken the sleeping Biker-Non Biker in me. Will be planning a ride very soon
Old 3rd February 2017, 13:06   #17
BHPian

Very well written travelogue. Loved the categorization of bikers though, I feel, most bikers will fall into more than 1 category depending on occasion/company.
As a fellow RE owner (2009 Electra 5S), I could not agree with you more on the below
Quote:
The biggest headache of Himalayan is finding Neutral gear. Its easier to get a date with lulia Vantur than finding neutral in this bike.
Old 8th February 2017, 09:34   #18
BHPian

Enjoyed the flow. Narration reminds me of a writer friend also from KL.

Seems several companies are now into bikes rental. RenTrip is offering bikes for rent in many cities. https://www.rentrip.in/ Has good range of bikes in Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Coimbatore etc. It does have a page for Kochi. But no bikes in Kochi yet. May be coming soon.

Couple of other companies in Kochi, but they are focused on international tourists.
Old 8th February 2017, 16:51   #19

Quote:
TYPE 1: Commuters – The real bikers. Unsung heroes behind the success and smooth functioning of every organization. Usually seen riding along with a spouse, two to four off springs, depending on family planning. Generally found to be following matured riding style.

TYPE2: ...

TYPE3: ...

TYPE5: ...
Loved the way you categorized types of Bikers. Nice travelouge.
I was trying to open Caferiders website but it gives some error. Are they only present in Kochi? What are the rates?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 8th February 2017 at 17:04. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Old 9th February 2017, 17:18   #20

Hey Astraholic,

Great write-up and really enjoyed it reading till the end. You are right man regarding your correlation of KSRTC drivers with Lewis Hamilton. They are one different species altogether, but yes. jokes apart some of them have serious skills.

Glad to know about Caferoads and this post has really inspired me to look for something like that back here in Bengaluru. Oh, I really loved your categorisation of the bikers.
Old 23rd February 2017, 16:14   #21
BHPian

Brilliant writeup my friend!
You really have a great narration style. Thoroughly enjoyed reading your experience with the RE Himalayan.

I also belong to the Type 5 biker community. Don't ride much nowadays. However, I have a 1999 Yamaha RX 135 which I got during my college days but use it very sparingly now. I am still keeping it due to sentimental reasons as I have a lot of great memories with the bike.

PS: I have a cousin in his early 20's who has never travelled out of Thrissur (Dist in kerala) but wants to ride to Tawang (Arunachal) after getting inspired by the famous Dulquer Salman Malayalam movie.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks