Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2018, 15:34   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Compact SUVs road-trip from Kolkata to North Sikkim - 17,800 ft!

Wonderful log there Upresenjit da.
Thoroughly enjoyed the narration, pics and also the videos. I plan to drive Sikkim and Bhutan sometime next month. Shall trouble you for help if required

Couldn't we have negotiated the snow clad roads even if it was not at such high speeds? Just curious to know.
Old 7th March 2018, 13:04   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Thoroughly enjoyed the narration, pics and also the videos. I plan to drive Sikkim and Bhutan sometime next month. Shall trouble you for help if required
Hi Dhanushmenon, happy to know that you are planning a drive to Bhutan/Sikkim next month. We have also planned a drive to Bhutan this month end. We can catchup on our itinerary plans . What route are you planning to take on the Kolkata-Siliguri stretch? Reading all the posts of this route has confused me.
Old 7th March 2018, 21:13   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy28 View Post
Hi Dhanushmenon, happy to know that you are planning a drive to Bhutan/Sikkim next month. We have also planned a drive to Bhutan this month end. We can catchup on our itinerary plans . What route are you planning to take on the Kolkata-Siliguri stretch? Reading all the posts of this route has confused me.
I am not taking the Kolkata Siliguri stretch. I am coming from Pune via the EW highway.
On the return leg, I will be going to Kolkata. I intend taking the Malda Farakka route. If we time Malda and Farakka bridge properly, then we can get away with sensible timings.
Old 7th March 2018, 23:51   #34
BHPian

Quote:
I am not taking the Kolkata Siliguri stretch. I am coming from Pune via the EW highway.
On the return leg, I will be going to Kolkata. I intend taking the Malda Farakka route. If we time Malda and Farakka bridge properly, then we can get away with sensible timings.
What do you suggest will be a right time to cross Malda/Faraka bridge?
Sandy28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 10:34   #35
BHPian

Quote:

Couldn't we have negotiated the snow clad roads even if it was not at such high speeds? Just curious to know.
The issue with fwd is by chance if the front wheels get stuck then you know what happens next So the speed..

Quote:
After midnight. Take the opposite lane as soon as you see truck standing on the road.
Uprasenjit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 10:44   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I crossed at 1 AM and easily crossed through. As Uprasenjit ji also suggested, I think past midnight would be the best time to cross. Else, between 1200 to 1500 hrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprasenjit View Post
The issue with fwd is by chance if the front wheels get stuck then you know what happens next So the speed..
Ha ha. That's quite wise a consideration. However, even had it got stuck, you had manpower available to pull you out

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks