Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2017, 20:07   #46
BHPian

Re: History, Sand, Hills & Forests - Our Rajasthan chapter from Kolkata in a Toyota Etios

Awesome Travelogue Samba Da worthy of each of the 5star rating it will get. And it was wonderful seeing Rajasthan through your lenses and your excellent eye for details about each of the places you visited. But what caught my eye was that one photo of that old man in Khuri making clay pots by hand. It would've been great if you had captured the making of the clay pot in video instead of that one snap and if you do have may I request you to put it up here so that we can gloss our eyes over the excellent workmanship done by this old man.

Here's wishing many more such lovely and breathtaking travelogues in future with your beloved wife. Stay blessed.

Regards,
Subhra
tacho9000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 00:27   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: History, Sand, Hills & Forests - Our Rajasthan chapter from Kolkata in a Toyota Etios

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_mait View Post
Only thing I sorely missed is the shot of a Tiger from your lens, that would have been the "cherry on the cake". Beautiful, awesome and a real 5 star rated travelogue.
Thanks a lot.
I agree with the tiger part. Ranthambore is famous for tiger sighting but to our bad luck it rained for those two days which reduced the chances of sighting significantly. While going to the Ranthambore fort in my Etios, we missed a tiger by just two minutes. The car which went two minutes before us spotted a tiger and while on the jungle safari we could hear the tiger roar from a very short distance but couldn't spot it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Brilliant Travelogue as always Samba. Magical photos that want you to go on such a trip as soon as possible.
Thanks a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho9000 View Post
It would've been great if you had captured the making of the clay pot in video instead of that one snap and if you do have may I request you to put it up here so that we can gloss our eyes over the excellent workmanship done by this old man.
Thanks a lot.

Your wish is my command Sir!
This video was taken by my better half. (Though all the video's shared, while i was driving were also taken by her.)

Last edited by Samba : 1st April 2017 at 00:34.
Samba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 11:06   #48
BHPian

It so happened that I have been scrambling for last one week to find enough free time to complete reading your travelogue. And now when I have managed to do it, I am scrambling even more to find enough words to describe your exquisite travelogue.

Putting up a travelogue with close to three hundred awe inspiring pictures is a feat that would have only few parallel. Thank you Samba for providing us the visual treat through your lenses. We extend our wishes to both of you for a very happy long drive ahead in life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
I have been to hills, sea, forests but never been to a proper desert...
Given the desert is also ticked out now, I am wondering what's next for Samba?

Best,

Last edited by gmhossain : 1st April 2017 at 11:20.
gmhossain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 15:54   #49
BHPian

Samba, Thank you for again taking us through a lovely journey with your pen and lenses!! This beautiful travelogue speaks a lot about this amazing trip you must have had and yes, what a wonderful way to start a new journey of life. Keep it up brother

Rated 5 stars as it truly deserves so
anirbanz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 13:20   #50
BHPian

Nothing special to say Samba.. Its awesome.. your travelogue came on forum when I was traveling.. Got delayed for couple of week but finally happy to sink into it. Rated 5*. Thank you very much for sharing.
PointZero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 20:30   #51

Your narration shows how curios you're to venture every corner of a place you touch. To couple with it, great photographic skills exhibited to make us feel a part of the journey. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your travelogue buddy.
hikersoul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 16:16   #52
BHPian

Awesome travelogue Samba. Very much informative for anyone who will plan for the trip to Rajasthan. Awesome Pictures.
SVK Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 11:24   #53
BHPian

From ancient archeology to fauna, from classic cars to war machines, from barren deserts to opulent flora. The diversity in this travelogue is mind blowing. Amazing write up and needless to say every snap took a second look. The details and perspectives in each of them are brilliant. This will be a memorable trip for you and a memorable log for us. Congratulations to Mrs.Sengupta too for her active participation. Stay blessed both of you.

Thanks!
mi2n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2017, 00:37   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
Given the desert is also ticked out now, I am wondering what's next for Samba?
Thanks a ton dada. Glad you liked the travelogue.
Not yet decided my next destination. Hills are my all time favourite, but again for a long time have not been to any sea beaches either! So lets see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirbanz View Post
Samba, Thank you for again taking us through a lovely journey with your pen and lenses!!
Thanks a lot, your tips on Ranthambore was indeed helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointZero View Post
Nothing special to say Samba.. Its awesome.. your travelogue came on forum when I was traveling.. Got delayed for couple of week but finally happy to sink into it. Rated 5*. Thank you very much for sharing.
Thanks a lot brother. Am a big fan of your travelogues too. Eagerly waiting for your Nepal travelogue to come up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikersoul View Post
Your narration shows how curios you're to venture every corner of a place you touch.
Thanks a ton. Hope to see few travelogues from you soon. I know what an avid traveller you are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK Rider View Post
Awesome travelogue Samba. Very much informative for anyone who will plan for the trip to Rajasthan. Awesome Pictures.
Thanks a lot. Rajasthan is definitely worth a visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Congratulations to Mrs.Sengupta too for her active participation. Stay blessed both of you.
Thanks a ton and i agree without the help of my better half the trip would have been very difficult. She never complained of the non stop drives, plus helped me a lot with the gps in the unknown streets of the cities in Rajasthan.

Last edited by Samba : 8th April 2017 at 00:44.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 16:36   #55
Team-BHP Support

That's how a bhpian should go on honeymoon, a 5000 plus kilometer road trip! It cannot get better than this. A fantastic travelogue with superb pictures as usual. Wish both of you many more such trips together.
BlackPearl is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 00:00   #56
Senior - BHPian

Not much is left to praise in this brilliant thread. It's just that the bar is raised a bit higher each time and you have amazingly managed to meet the raised expectation with Photographs, love for the drive and narration.

However, on this thread, the humour quotient was also a notch higher.
For example:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post

From 7pm the light and sound show starts at Amber fort. We inquired about it for the tickets and was sad to hear that no photography was allowed during light and sound show.

But our driver told us we can take the pics from outside the fort by not purchasing the tickets. We cant hear the sound but we can see the different lights. That sounded better and i agreed to that.
Must be the effect of the new aspect in your life! Looking forward to many more soon.
1100D is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 14:42   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
That's how a bhpian should go on honeymoon, a 5000 plus kilometer road trip! It cannot get better than this. A fantastic travelogue with superb pictures as usual. Wish both of you many more such trips together.
Thanks a lot. From the trip title i realized it has history, sand, hills , forests but sea is sorely missing, so to fill in the blank me and wife had gone for a day trip to the less visited beaches of Bengal after coming back from Rajasthan!

History, Sand, Hills & Forests - Our Rajasthan chapter from Kolkata in a Toyota Etios-img_3931.jpg

History, Sand, Hills & Forests - Our Rajasthan chapter from Kolkata in a Toyota Etios-img_3940.jpg

History, Sand, Hills & Forests - Our Rajasthan chapter from Kolkata in a Toyota Etios-img_3942.jpg

History, Sand, Hills & Forests - Our Rajasthan chapter from Kolkata in a Toyota Etios-img_3945.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Not much is left to praise in this brilliant thread. It's just that the bar is raised a bit higher each time and you have amazingly managed to meet the raised expectation with Photographs, love for the drive and narration.

However, on this thread, the humour quotient was also a notch higher.
For example:-
Thanks a ton.

Actually i will say we were more interested in photography rather than the history part, so we promptly agreed to our drivers suggestion.
Old 28th April 2017, 13:14   #58
BHPian

Beautifully narrated travelogue with equisite photography. this is one of the best photoblog i have seen. even the photos clicked by mobile are of high quality. you sure have a photographer's eye. From photos it appears that you have shot extensively with wide lens. can you please share the details of your photography gear including tripod, if any. once again, my compliments to you for this excellent road trip and an equally beautiful post. you sure have given me a vacation goal.
dinesh6481 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 20:50   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesh6481 View Post
can you please share the details of your photography gear including tripod, if any. once again, my compliments to you for this excellent road trip and an equally beautiful post. you sure have given me a vacation goal.
Thanks a ton.

My photography gear -
Canon Eos 6D
Canon 17-40L
Canon 24-105L IS
Canon 70-300 IS USM
Canon 600 EX-RT flash (Not used in this trip)
Yognou ETTL triggers (Not used in this trip)
Vanguard tripod (Not used in this trip)
Mobile camera used- Iphone 6S.

Last edited by Samba : 29th April 2017 at 20:55.
Old 23rd May 2017, 18:22   #60
BHPian

Hi Samba, one of our relative is planning to drive till Rajasthan during the Durga Puja Holidays. But his son's school will reopen in just 5 to 6 days after the Puja . So including the Durga Puja he has around 9-10 days to spare. He will be driving an I20 petrol. Can you please suggest an itinerary for this time span? He will only prefer day drive.
Sayata is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks