Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2017, 00:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Call of the Wild: 1627 km drive to Jaldapara National Park, Buxa, Jayanti & Phuntsholing (Bhutan

Lovely travelogue, brought back memories. I had been to Jaldapara a couple of times, and stayed at Hollong, 19 years back! Thanks for the detailed information.

North Bengal is so beautiful! I wish I didn't stay 2700 km away. When I drive down to Kolkata, I think I will take out some time to visit Dooars/Darjeeling and Sikkim, after many years.

Good to know you have named your car. My vehicle is called Bison. Men and their toys :-)
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 09:35   #17
BHPian

Re: Call of the Wild: 1627 km drive to Jaldapara National Park, Buxa, Jayanti & Phuntsholing (Bhutan

Lovely Soumyajit. I think Sherdil enjoyed this trip more that you guys !! The pictures are lovely & you got luck with so many sightings as well. We did similar circuit in Feb 2015 & didn't really spot anything great.

Jaldapara tourist lodge is great. I personally liked the light & sound show a lot.

And those speed bumps on SH7, Hulk nearly took off in the air on one of them.

Keep Travleing & Keep Writing !!

Regards,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 13:42   #18
BHPian

Nice TL Gearhead, Very well written and detailing of the route, Beautiful photography and excites me to go to the forest of north Bengal. Though my native is Bagdogra but never had the opportunity to visit Dooars. Good to know that the Four lane work from Farakka to Malda is completed. Last year when we have traveled from Mumbai in the month of June we got stuck in Farakka and Kaliachowk and lost around 4-5 hours both ways. This winter planning to go to North Bengal again and will give a try to visit Dooars and Bhutan. Will be requiring help from you as well as Samba for the Routes and places to visit the eastern Himalayas.

Cheers,

keep going

Subrata
Max63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 23:33   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Wonderful snaps to decorate a well written travelogue. Being from South India, I am not sure whether I will be able trace this route someday, meeting a rhino in the wild is something I always wanted to do.
Thanks a lot! Many BHPians from South India have already travelled all the way to North East, so that should not be a problem. If you want to see a Rhino, Jaldapara National Park(West Bengal) and Kaziranga National Park(Assam) are most recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Lovely travelogue, brought back memories. I had been to Jaldapara a couple of times, and stayed at Hollong, 19 years back! Thanks for the detailed information.

North Bengal is so beautiful! I wish I didn't stay 2700 km away. When I drive down to Kolkata, I think I will take out some time to visit Dooars/Darjeeling and Sikkim, after many years.

Good to know you have named your car. My vehicle is called Bison. Men and their toys :-)
Wow! 19 years and you are still waiting. Make the trip to North Bengal and Sikkim happen. I am sure you will be able to see a lot of changes and you will enjoy every bit of it. I have seen your travelogues/photologues on wildlife and its mesmerizing to say the least. One problem you could face is leaving your car outside and hire a gypsy inside the forest, as they don't allow self driven cars inside. But I definitely wish to see some spectacular shots of wildlife from your side taken at the forests of this region.

Sherdil - the name given by my wife after his stellar performance during the Kashmir trip last year in April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Lovely Soumyajit. I think Sherdil enjoyed this trip more that you guys !! The pictures are lovely & you got luck with so many sightings as well. We did similar circuit in Feb 2015 & didn't really spot anything great.

Jaldapara tourist lodge is great. I personally liked the light & sound show a lot.

And those speed bumps on SH7, Hulk nearly took off in the air on one of them.

Keep Travleing & Keep Writing !!

Regards,

Pawan
Thanks Pawan! We were lucky this time to spot so many animals that too in close proximity. Yes, Jaldapara Tourist Lodge is highly recommended for stay, if Hollong bungalow is not available. Those speed breakers on SH7! I just wish to see the contractor some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max63 View Post
Nice TL Gearhead, Very well written and detailing of the route, Beautiful photography and excites me to go to the forest of north Bengal. Though my native is Bagdogra but never had the opportunity to visit Dooars. Good to know that the Four lane work from Farakka to Malda is completed. Last year when we have traveled from Mumbai in the month of June we got stuck in Farakka and Kaliachowk and lost around 4-5 hours both ways. This winter planning to go to North Bengal again and will give a try to visit Dooars and Bhutan. Will be requiring help from you as well as Samba for the Routes and places to visit the eastern Himalayas.

Cheers,

keep going

Subrata
Thanks! Yes, go ahead and start planning. Let me or any of the TBHP members of the eastern corner know and we will try to help as much as we can. There is an excellent thread compiled by Samba regarding West Bengal-A Treasure for Tourists. Go through it once, if you haven't done so.
gearhead_mait is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2017, 21:51   #20
BHPian

Re: Day 2 - Siliguri to Jaldapara National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_mait View Post
After a blissful break amidst greenery, we moved on. Slowly the forest cover was giving way to tall mountains at a distance. We decided to have our breakfast on a roadside stall just a few kilometers before Sevoke. We ordered our favorite Wai-Wai with vegetables. I don't know whether it's due to their secret recipe or the happiness in our minds, the Wai-Wai felt just out of this world!
Your narration is vivid as always! It's another beautiful travelogue from you with tons of information. You seem to have experienced plenty of sightings of wild animals. It's always delightful to see happy faces on a road trip. Finally, thanks for the route tips. We did retrace your suggested route to Buxa although we returned via Hamiltonganj.

Cheers,
gmhossain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 21:49   #21
BHPian

Re: Day 2 - Siliguri to Jaldapara National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
Your narration is vivid as always! It's another beautiful travelogue from you with tons of information. You seem to have experienced plenty of sightings of wild animals. It's always delightful to see happy faces on a road trip. Finally, thanks for the route tips. We did retrace your suggested route to Buxa although we returned via Hamiltonganj.

Cheers,
Thanks! Yes, this time we were lucky. When can we expect a travelogue from your side? Would definitely like to revisit the place through your lens.
Old 7th June 2017, 13:55   #22
Team-BHP Support

Great travelogue with loads of information. I have passed through all these forests of North Bengal innumerable times but have never stayed in one. It is high time that we plan for this, maybe a mega team-bhp meet . Thanks a lot for sharing this travelogue, rated it 5 stars.
Old 10th June 2017, 00:27   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Great travelogue with loads of information. I have passed through all these forests of North Bengal innumerable times but have never stayed in one. It is high time that we plan for this, maybe a mega team-bhp meet . Thanks a lot for sharing this travelogue, rated it 5 stars.
Thanks Blackpearl! The manager at Jaldapara Tourist Lodge offered to organize team-bhp meet at the newly opened lodge at Tilabari.
Team-bhp meet at Dooars would be one of a kind for sure.
Old 26th October 2017, 16:18   #24
BHPian

Lovely Travelogue.
We also had been to these places in my CBR.
Completely rejuvenating.
Rated 5 star for the information.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks