Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2017, 14:25   #16
BHPian

Re: Maiden trip to the hills : Sikkim in a WagonR

Lovely photographs shantonob. Liked the way you have narrated your trip. Wish you carry on with more wonderful trips in days to come.
Cheers
Red Panda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 01:46   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantonob View Post
Thanks a lot. What about more stories from you? Been long you made a roadtrip.
Well i have been doing quite a handful of short(200km+) & medium (500km+)road trips, around 17-18 to be precise in last 2.5 years. However i have become very lazy to pen down TL. Here are a couple of road trips i did recently:

Maiden trip to the hills : Sikkim in a WagonR-2016_10_07_vizag.jpg

Maiden trip to the hills : Sikkim in a WagonR-2017_01_22_dooars.jpg

I really wanted to make the Dooars TL, but gearhead_mait beat me to that
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 19:51   #18
BHPian

Beautiful pictures and a lovely travelogue Shantonob.

We were at Kewzing and Gangtok during 27th May to 3rd June ourselves.... although it wasn't a road trip :(

Birding opportunities are quite good at Kewzing/Maenam and would like to share a couple of pictures

Warm regards,

Siddhartha

PS. Planning to utilize the Puja holidays for a maiden road trip to North Bengal/Sikkim. Any suggestions?

Whiskered Yuhina and Verditer flycatcher
Attached Thumbnails
Maiden trip to the hills : Sikkim in a WagonR-d72_5628-edit-crop-mobile.jpg  

Maiden trip to the hills : Sikkim in a WagonR-d72_5603-edit-crop.jpg  

siddarthab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 10:11   #19

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 9th June 2017 at 10:40.
Old 12th June 2017, 13:54   #20
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Shantonob on your maiden driving trip to the Himalayas. Wish you many more trips in the years to come. Nice to see the new look of the Sevoke bridge. The previous colour was ghastly. The pictures are superlative. Keep driving and clicking!
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2017, 22:15   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddarthab View Post
Beautiful pictures and a lovely travelogue Shantonob.

We were at Kewzing and Gangtok during 27th May to 3rd June ourselves.... although it wasn't a road trip :(

Birding opportunities are quite good at Kewzing/Maenam and would like to share a couple of pictures

Warm regards,

Siddhartha

PS. Planning to utilize the Puja holidays for a maiden road trip to North Bengal/Sikkim. Any suggestions?

Whiskered Yuhina and Verditer flycatcher
'

There are a whole lot of places you can drive to in the hills and in dooars, but during puja there will be a mad rush. Borong offers fantastic birding opportunities though i feel sightings will be better from October onwards. Dooars will probably be too warm for comfort in september.
I had a planned trip to Bara mangwa this month but had to cancel because of the agitation.

Also fantastic pics. I was on the lookout for something like the verditer with its catch but sadly didnt get a chance. BTW what gear do you use?
shantonob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2017, 22:35   #22
BHPian

Fantastic pictures Shantonob! Enjoyed reading your short and sweet travelogue. Hope you drive many more miles in your Red Hot Waggy in the hills and the highways. There's always a first time for long drives but once the bug bites you, you just feel like driving to every destination that comes to your mind irrespective of distance and you just have to exercise self restraint owing to family advice.

I was in Kolkata for 7 years with one of my cars having a WB 26 T number which I continue to use in NCR. During my stay in Kolkata and before moving to NCR, I did not go to that part of the country. However, I did numerous road trips from Kolkata to my home town Bhubaneswar and once from Kolkata to Rourkela apart from short trips to Mandarmani.
Old 16th June 2017, 00:09   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantonob View Post
'

There are a whole lot of places you can drive to in the hills and in dooars, but during puja there will be a mad rush. Borong offers fantastic birding opportunities though i feel sightings will be better from October onwards. Dooars will probably be too warm for comfort in september.
I had a planned trip to Bara mangwa this month but had to cancel because of the agitation.

Also fantastic pics. I was on the lookout for something like the verditer with its catch but sadly didnt get a chance. BTW what gear do you use?
Thanks Shantonob. I use a Nikon D7200+Tamron 150-600.

Most Viewed