Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2017, 18:43   #46
BHPian

Re: L.A.D.A.K.H.E.D. at Last!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nariman View Post
Could you please let me know how one can get permission for the s\Siachen Base camp? Does one require written permission?
Thanks
Nariman
There is no "formal" procedure to get permission. In case you know anyone in the army, ask for help in getting permission.
Old 2nd September 2017, 22:05   #47

Re: Ladakh'ed in a Tata Safari Storme

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
This is possible only if you are in the armed forces or if anybody very close to you can get you the permits. The DC at Leh cannot give you permits for this route.

Considering the fact that you have a Swift Desire, I would suggest the Agham - Shakti route.

Doable in a Desire, but you need to drive extremely carefully in some sections, specially those involving sand.

Rest all is good.

No fuel from Hunder onwards, so you need to stock up for the rest of the journey. Get a tank full at Diskit before setting course for Pengong and carry at least 40L more to be comfortable.

ILP is required. Ensure that you have permits for the Man-Merak-Loma-Hanle-Nyoma-Tso Morri section.

Do not try the Tso Morri- Debring route via Tso Kar in a Desire. So that might mean that you need to get back to Leh from Tso Morri.

Safety was never an issue in Ladakh. People are most helpful, friendly and accommodating.

I got a regular service and thorough checkup done before the journey. I personally did not carry any spares since I was very sure of the condition of the car. I did carry a tow rope, jump start cables and a puncture repair kit though!
First of all apologies for getting back to you so late.
Thank you so much for all your guidance.

Finally at T minus 6 hours right now! Will update further information on the portal once I'm back.
gandharvkalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 13:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ladakh'ed in a Tata Safari Storme

Excellent Travelogue, with amazing Photographs. This reminds me of my trip to Leh region during October 2016 by a Duster AWD.

Unfortunately on 12 Oct 2016, we received news that Rohtang Pass received snowfall and it is temporarily blocked. Our Plan was to come back via Manali- Leh road, due to civil unrest at Srinagar. We had to cut our trip short and come back via Leh Srinagar Road. We had to skip Turtuk, Panamik and Hanle. Oct 2016 was my third trip to Leh. I think, I”ll have to plan one more trip to cover Turtuk, Panamik, Hanle and other remote circuits in leh region

I keep reading all the Travelogue on Leh-Ladakh. Each Leh travelogue is unique in itself with so varied experiences. One can never be bored reading them. Thanks, Neel! For sharing this!

Last edited by SJM1214 : 5th October 2017 at 13:51.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 14:06   #49
BHPian

Re: L.A.D.A.K.H.E.D. at Last!!

excellent write-up of your travel. I read through your full travelogue in detail including the photographs. A Question

You have not indicated the departure / arrival time for each day (as I found only for few). this will help understand the total time taken on a day for your plan and in leisure.

thanks for sharing your experiences

Most Viewed