Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2017, 12:07   #16
BHPian

Re: Needed some vitamin sea, so drove to Goa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Very well written travelogue there! It might have been a short trip but you guys ended up covering quite a lot of places from Baga till Palolem and everything is between. I prefer South Goa for its laidback culture over the North Goa that is hustling and bustling all the time. Next time you might would want to venture to the North of North Goa that is Aarambol and beyond all the way to Querim beach. Thats pretty soothing as well.
Thank you so much. Even we prefer South Goa compared to North - much quieter and more scenic. Will do check out the places you mentioned, next time for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpower11 View Post
Quite frankly Baga and Calangute are over hyped and overrated, simply because they used to be good once upon a time. Its good that you both stayed in the south and gave yourselves time to explore the beaches there. In North Goa, Ashvem, Morjim and Anjuna are still a lot better than the others in that area. Overall, Palolem is my personal favourite too.
Palolem is our favorite too. Will definitely visit Ashvem, Morjim and Anjuna on our next visit to Goa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Loved the narration. I have been to Goa once, and that was last year, and this thread brought back vivid memories.
Neel
Thank you so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertigiat View Post
Totally agreed brother. I don't even remember when was it last time I visited these beaches. I would pick Anjuna any day over other beaches in North Goa.

Next time when you want to visit Agonda or Palelom try coastal route. Trust me word heavenly will not do justice to the beauty. Especially for photographers this route is paradise.

In Goa, nature beauty is in abundance. Whatever beaches you have mentioned are more or less commercialized beaches. There are many secluded and serene beaches. One of the beaches I'll recommend is Caba-de-rama beach. It is absolute beauty (Remember John Abraham's jump in the climax of Dhoom 1). You can click Sunset pictures from the cliff or can get down to embrace waves.
Thank you for the route details and new places to explore, would definitively visit them. Already craving for GOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Another fantastic travelogue from you Nandita. Brilliant pictures and a fine narration to go with them. You have covered lots of familiar places and hangouts and rekindled some fond memories.

I agree with kpower11. Calangute and Baga have been going downhill for quite a while now. In fact, over the past few visits, I have kept away from these beaches completely. You have to reach the northern and southern tips of the state to get some peace. Nevertheless, Goa is still one of the best states in the country to visit - capable of cheering most people up.

The Chorla Ghat route is possibly the best to access Goa at the moment - both the drive and in terms of scenic beauty. Glad you took it.
Thanks Aditya. I personally don't like Baga and Calangute - crowded like hell. Will avoid those places next time as there are better scenic places to explore rather than go to these over hyped ones. And yes, Chorla Ghats were beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatt1800 View Post
Very nice travelogue Nandita. Surely how many times you visit, one just can't have enough of Goa. You could have perhaps stayed a night or two at Palolem, which is simply the jewel among South Goa beaches. I stayed for 3 nights a couple of years back and it was one of my more memorable Goa trips. Nowadays, Palolem too is sadly getting popular and crowded !
Thanks Venkat. Our next stay in Goa will definitely be Palolem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Brilliant travelogue and beautiful pics. Goa indeed is special in its own way. I read so many travel stories and yearn to drive down, but Goa trip has somehow been elusive till date. Yes, I might be one of the few souls whose Goa dream is yet to materialize.

But travelogues like yours rekindle the dream and plans start again. Thanks for treating us with those wonderful pics and a beautiful narrative. Well deserved read.
Thank you so much
Old 16th July 2017, 20:52   #17
BHPian

Nice narration of your travel...could you please explain how was the condition of rooms in Shangrila??
meetbadri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 09:56   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
Nice narration of your travel...could you please explain how was the condition of rooms in Shangrila??
Well, for both Atul and I, the prime importance when we book a hotel is ample space for parking along with safety for the car/bikes. Luxury is not a very big concern for us. So, going by it, Hotel Shangrila is not a luxurious hotel, a decent, neat and clean, well-maintained and friendly one. The room we booked was an AC Deluxe Room. Had enough space to park Skiddy properly for 4 days (2 days we roamed around in Goa by an Activa).

Majorda beach is less than a km and Martin's Corner is within 2 kms from Shangrila.
nandita_bayan21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 11:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Great pictures and narration and just in time. We will be travelling to Goa on Aug 12-15 from Bangalore and have booked our stay at Palolem Beach Resort. Your travelogue should help a lot in planning the same.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 17th July 2017 at 11:22.
Old 31st July 2017, 11:15   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Great pictures and narration and just in time. We will be travelling to Goa on Aug 12-15 from Bangalore and have booked our stay at Palolem Beach Resort. Your travelogue should help a lot in planning the same.
Thank you so much. Palolem is an amazing place to stay - I really prefer South Goa any day over North.
nandita_bayan21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 14:57   #21
BHPian

excellent travelogue!
Of much use to help me plan my upcoming visit to Goa!
avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 09:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandita_bayan21 View Post
Thank you so much. Palolem is an amazing place to stay - I really prefer South Goa any day over North.
Nice travelogue Nandita, one that is now motivating me make a short visit asap. Can you please share the overall expense of this trip (Fuel+fooding/lodging); just a ball park estimate would help me. I am planning for a July (yeah rains, but pocket :( )

Quote:
In Goa, nature beauty is in abundance. Whatever beaches you have mentioned are more or less commercialized beaches. There are many secluded and serene beaches. One of the beaches I'll recommend is Caba-de-rama beach. It is absolute beauty (Remember John Abraham's jump in the climax of Dhoom 1). You can click Sunset pictures from the cliff or can get down to embrace waves.
When I had visited Goa back in 2014, I had heard about South Goa. Now that you have inked the same, please do share some of the pocket friendly beaches around the South Goa (preferably accessible from Magorda or nearest.)
Old 19th March 2018, 10:19   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
When I had visited Goa back in 2014, I had heard about South Goa. Now that you have inked the same, please do share some of the pocket friendly beaches around the South Goa (preferably accessible from Magorda or nearest.)
My apologies. I failed to understand your query. If you can be more specific about your exact requirement, I will be more than happy to help you out.
Ertigiat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 10:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My apologies. I failed to understand your query. If you can be more specific about your exact requirement, I will be more than happy to help you out.
I am from Pune and intend to make a short visit to Goa (either in April or July). From the various posts that I have read, South Goa has always been praised for its nice beeches. But South Goa is expensive too as I understand. As we will be on strict budget with a kid, can you please suggest some places around South Goa, which are secluded, serene yet budget friendly.
Old 19th March 2018, 15:00   #25
BHPian

Quote:
I am from Pune and intend to make a short visit to Goa (either in April or July). From the various posts that I have read, South Goa has always been praised for its nice beeches. But South Goa is expensive too as I understand. As we will be on strict budget with a kid, can you please suggest some places around South Goa, which are secluded, serene yet budget friendly.
I would not recommend month of April as you are with kid. It will be very humid & the temperature easily reaches around 40-45 Deg. The stay won't be pleasant in any manner. Again I would not recommend July month either. It rains cats & dogs during monsoon here. All seasonal arrangements (shacks & huts) will be asked to pack up from First week of June till last week of September every year.

But if your plans are rigid then I would recommend, you stay in the Margao city & travel further to South. You can hire a bike or even a self drive car to reach your destinations.

I found below threads useful for people visiting Goa.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...south-goa.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...timers-10.html

Trust me there are plenty of budget friendly options on Google for Goa even if you pick Nov, Dec or Jan month (Peak tourist season).
Ertigiat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2018, 13:47   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
excellent travelogue!
Of much use to help me plan my upcoming visit to Goa!
Thank you so much

Quote:
Nice travelogue Nandita, one that is now motivating me make a short visit asap. Can you please share the overall expense of this trip (Fuel+fooding/lodging); just a ball park estimate would help me. I am planning for a July (yeah rains, but pocket :( )
Thank you so much.

For this trip we spent something around Rs 14000 approx. for 4 days. Hotel - Rs 4800 for 3 nights for an AC Deluxe Room, Food was around Rs 4500 and Rs 4700 on Petrol (two full tanks ). To move around in Goa we took an Activa (Rs 800 for 2 days and Rs 500 fuel)

I always love South Goa compared to North and have visited some of these beaches and personally, really love them - Palolem, Colva, Agomda, Benaulim. In the month of January we spent three days at Palolem, and it costed us some Rs 13K, so found it quite reasonable.

Hope you have a great trip.
nandita_bayan21 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks