Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2017, 08:56   #16
BHPian

Re: Chennai - Goa on a Kawasaki Z250

Absolutely brilliant pictures of your ride Gowtham. The route you took is definitely picturesque and I would imagine you would have had a thrilling time on your Ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GowthamDonz View Post
Attachment 1652060
Channagiri deserves a special mention with myself being unfamiliar with the midlands of Karnataka, found it to be a small village with a touch of 'Sholay'-ish feel to it which to me personally, was stunning. As soon as one enters the town, you are hit with a spectacular image of a small town around a hill fort
Also it is special because you brought back my childhood memories as it was where my Grandparents used to stay in Channagiri and the fort you saw was fortified by Keladi Rani Chennamma (1672–1697), queen of Keladi Nayaka Kingdom.
srivatsahg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 20:42   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Amazing and incredible. That is without a doubt the stuff of legends.
And thank you for your ideas. Will definitely look them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Nice travelogue with great pictures! Solo rides kick ass always. Ride safe!
Thank you and yes, they are. They kindle a sense of peace unlike any other. Ride hard. Ride safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Great stuff Gowtham. There is only one hero in the story. No that's not you but the bike! Nice captures.

And there you come back after a long time. Have not seen you around. Now I know what brings you back to the forum!
Haha! Thanks. I wasn't able to be active for quite a while. And I wouldn't argue on who the main character is in this context. Indeed its the Kawi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabhimanyu04 View Post
First of all Congrats for safely covering such a distance to visit THE place in India.
I am a big fan of the Z250, and the ninja 250 for their engine that time. I hope they improve on their sales and service in the coming days.

Answer to your first question is difficult to explain, for simple reasons such as body type, long ride experience etc. When I started my long rides on the D200 I had some serious problems with my backside after every 100th km. I decided to add a Towel on the saddle and that helped a bit.
If Kawasaki cant justify the pricing or throw in a few more goodies with the bike then they can capitalize in the market. Until that happens, the market will be painted Orange!

Even I tried it with a towel. Helped a bit though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WD-42 View Post

1. Wearing compression tights (the one cyclists wear), under my riding pants. This keeps the muscles in place where they are supposed to be and stops them from flabbing/moving around (esp on top of each other). This by itself helps cut down the pain by ~40-50% IMHO.
  2. Gel seat insert; this one. Got my seat modified by a local seat upholsterer, with the aforementioned gel insert and some extra foam.
  3. On top of the seat (with the gel cushion) I used this air cushion seat-pad.

Wow, this is what I was looking for. Clear and neat information. Thank you. Will take your word for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Absolutely stunning pictures, really loved it.

For the seat, I am yet to try but planning to get a Gel seat done by sofa rider, not the strap on option, but the stock seat will be modified. Will share the feedback.
Thanks and please do share your experiences. Ride safe!
Old 17th July 2017, 20:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatsahg View Post
Absolutely brilliant pictures of your ride Gowtham. The route you took is definitely picturesque and I would imagine you would have had a thrilling time on your Ninja.

Also it is special because you brought back my childhood memories as it was where my Grandparents used to stay in Channagiri and the fort you saw was fortified by Keladi Rani Chennamma (1672–1697), queen of Keladi Nayaka Kingdom.
Indeed!. It was beautiful. Stunning to say the least. Am glad the text brought a sense of nostalgia. After riding for about 10 hours straight only to have the fort glance straight at you, its a beautiful sight. Ride safe !!
GowthamDonz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed