Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2017, 07:49   #16

Thanks Samba,for producing this compact and crisp TL in such a short time. We, the lucky ones who were part of this tour, are still in a mesmerizing mood. Likes, comments and queries regarding the weekend trip are showering in. Your TL has just added icing on the cake. Thanks to other BHPians too for sharing such a beautiful piece of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayata View Post
Finally , a trip remains incomplete without good food, hence we all had our late lunch at HOTEL AVIJIT , kolaghat ,West Bengal with some authentic Bengali dishes.

Thanks Sayata for arranging those awesome Bengali dishes at the odd time.
The dishes were too good, specially "Chingri Malai-kaari".

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by SDP : 12th July 2017 at 08:48. Reason: Merging back to back posts
doctorsmile82 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 14:05   #17
BHPian

Re: Monsoon weekend drive: Bangriposi & Simlipal with a bunch of car enthusiasts

Wow Samba, That's a wonderful trip log. And to all the photograph contributors of the trip, beautiful photographs. I just keep on missing it everytime. hopefully wont miss the Monsoon Meet.
Red Panda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 16:29   #18
BANNED

Re: Monsoon weekend drive: Bangriposi & Simlipal with a bunch of car enthusiasts

What a lovely narration Samba. I have been a silent reader of all your threads & I have always enjoyed reading it accompanied with those wonderful pictures.
Would love to join one of the trips when I am in Kolkata.
Thanks for sharing this wonderful trip.
Cheers
visky.
visky is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 20:32   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddarthab View Post
Fabulous photos as usual Samba.

Warm Regards,

Siddhartha
Thanks a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teesta View Post
Samba thank you for organising such a weekend meet! It was well planned and executed. Simlipal looked stunning in monsoon. The photos are splendid.
Thanks a lot. I agree in monsoon the lush green scenery looked splendid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
There used to be a very basic stay (Panthasala, not OTDC PanthaNivas) in Bangriposi. Still there?

Anyone know the status of Lulung?

Post GST, any jams at the border?

Regards
Sutripta
The panthasala has been converted to Khairi resort. Last time i visited Bangriposhi was in 1992. Back then there was a guy named Ramratan who was the caretaker of the Panthasala. I asked about him but could not get any info!

Crossing the border was a breeze. But again few months back before GST was initiated i crossed the border by the very same road and didn't face any traffic jam either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
Hi Samba, the trip was well organized and executed. The best part of these kind of trips is that since all the participants are of the same wavelength, the drive and the company is what one really enjoys, rest all is secondary.

I was really surprised on the condition of the so called 'Mumbai Kolkata highway' which can be defined as bad to really horrible, as Samba has mentioned. Once back home, after the trip, I did a bit of research on Kolkata Mumbai route by referring google.

Option 1 - Kolkata > Kharagpur > the route we took till the resort > Bhilai > Aurangabad > Mumbai (1939 kms 36 hours).

Option 2 - Kolkata > Bhubaneshwar > Vizag (superb roads till here as experienced by myself) > Pune > Mumbai (2208 kms 38 hours).
Thanks Suneel da.

Is there another route option? Balasore- Cuttack - Angul- Sambalpur- Raipur - nagpur?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Crisp travelogue and beautiful pics Samba! Thanks a lot for arranging a superb weekend getaway with like minded people.

The place was beautiful, specially the drive in the ghat sections. It was fun keeping up with the sedans in a Thar
Thanks a lot, the pics are fabulous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
This Resort is the old Panthasala refurbished by a Leasee. Although it seems to be renamed as Khairi resort, this has no other connection to the animal or Saroj Raj's quarters.
Your information cant be wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Awesome trip guys. Its great to see so many TBHP'ians traveling together. Loved the photo-shoot of the cars in the jungle. I am sure those who left their cars would be envying the others

It's sad that many of the bengal/orissa destinations are untapped and less developed. The greenery and the flora fauna surely makes for a great trip around there if properly developed. But then, who cares if you have the company of the most community followers. Thabks guys for sharing this with us.
Thanks a lot.
Its true these places are less explored by the tourists, may be that's why the beauty of these places remained untouched and pristine! The day these places will become popular tourist destinations these places will be flooded with resorts and markets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayata View Post
Thank you very much samba for this wonderful travelogue. It was my first road trip with so many bhpians and needless to say they are not only good drivers but good humans, never felt uncomfortable with their company. Only one regret was by not taking my car for the trail drive but it got compensated as I got a chance to feel the wonderful driving of bhpian Samba in his Etios through the forest and ghat roads. Hats off to your skillful cornering s at the ghat section.
Some pictures from side.
Thanks a ton. Driving on the ghat after sunset was fun.
The pics from you are awesome and the food pics are just mouthwatering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Whoa! Another lovely family trip by the Kolkata Team-BHPian group. You guys must certainly be making a few non-resident Kolkata BHPians seriously jealous & heart-broken. And with such talented photographers in the group, with Samba in the lead, the trip becomes far more memorable than one could possibly imagine! Keep the trips going - I'll catch up with you someday on the road...
Thanks dada. I still cherish the last Team bhp meet drive to Santiniketan with you.
Hope to go for a drive with you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorsmile82 View Post
Thanks Samba,for producing this compact and crisp TL in such a short time. We, the lucky ones who were part of this tour, are still in a mesmerizing mood. Likes, comments and queries regarding the weekend trip are showering in. Your TL has just added icing on the cake. Thanks to other BHPians too for sharing such a beautiful piece of time.
Thanks a lot. Looking forward for the next trip together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
Wow Samba, That's a wonderful trip log. And to all the photograph contributors of the trip, beautiful photographs. I just keep on missing it everytime. hopefully wont miss the Monsoon Meet.
Thanks a lot. Hope to do the next trip together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by visky View Post
What a lovely narration Samba. I have been a silent reader of all your threads & I have always enjoyed reading it accompanied with those wonderful pictures.
Would love to join one of the trips when I am in Kolkata.
Thanks for sharing this wonderful trip.
Cheers
visky.
Thanks a ton Visky. Its a pleasure to know you like my travelogues and follow them. Am honoured. Will be more than happy to have you with us in our trips.

Last edited by Samba : 12th July 2017 at 20:37.
Samba is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 21:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
The place was beautiful, specially the drive in the ghat sections. It was fun keeping up with the sedans in a Thar
One cannot stay in Lulung anymore since the buildings were mostly destroyed.
The ghat section had more 'character' previously.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2075431
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3299730

Pity about Lulung. What about the other two (proper) FRHs inside the forest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Crossing the border was a breeze. But again few months back before GST was initiated i crossed the border by the very same road and didn't face any traffic jam either.
Both Chichira and Jamsola?

Regards
Sutripta

Last edited by Sutripta : 12th July 2017 at 21:18.
Sutripta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 21:26   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Both Chichira and Jamsola?

Regards
Sutripta
Yes both, few months back i drove towards Jamshedpur. That was pre GST and it was a breeze. On the other hand on sh60 i crossed Jaleshwar border few months back and it was devoid of traffic too. This week end i may drive upto Puri, so hoping to be devoid of traffic again.

Last edited by Samba : 12th July 2017 at 21:33.
Samba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 23:22   #22
BHPian

Wonderful to see so many like minded folks on a weekend monsoon trip. The pictures are superb, specially the cars look stunning amidst the greenery of the surroundings. Missed this trip but looking forward to the next one. Cheers!
gearhead_mait is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 11:30   #23
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely travelogue Samba Da, aided with beautiful pictures. Great to see an amazing gathering of like-minded bhpians !

If I may suggest, do consider Netarhat and McCluskieganj or Kiriburu and Meghahatuburu for your next mega meet. Only concern is that you would just get basic accommodation facilities in these places as they are absolutely virgin with almost no tourists all round the year.
//M is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 14:45   #24
BHPian

Very nice log. Photos are awesome as usual. Loved the picture of kids. You guys are making it happen !
Ddrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 16:07   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Pity about Lulung. What about the other two (proper) FRHs inside the forest?
There is one at Joshipur,that had been leased out to a private group and very much functioning.
If you are thinking about the one on the core part of tiger reserve, I am not very sure. They have closed access to civilians since ages, even family members of forest department were also not allowed.

If one is planning for tiger spotting, best place is to stay at Baripada and take the Safari tour through OTDC, that goes through the outer core area (inner core of tiger reserves are anyway out of bound for cattle public).
PetrolRider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 20:15   #26
BHPian

Lovely travelogue and beautiful pictures again by Samba. The drive to the forest amidst dark clouds and heavy rain made it more enjoyable. All the participants including the kids enjoyed the trip as it was well organised. Cheers to Samba!
Sharing some pictures which I had taken using my phone.

Regards,
Arunasish
Attached Thumbnails
Monsoon weekend drive: Bangriposi & Simlipal with a bunch of car enthusiasts-1499955795346.jpg  

Monsoon weekend drive: Bangriposi & Simlipal with a bunch of car enthusiasts-1499955897438.jpg  

Monsoon weekend drive: Bangriposi & Simlipal with a bunch of car enthusiasts-1499955917673.jpg  

Monsoon weekend drive: Bangriposi & Simlipal with a bunch of car enthusiasts-1499955939000.jpg  

Monsoon weekend drive: Bangriposi & Simlipal with a bunch of car enthusiasts-1499955970107.jpg  

Monsoon weekend drive: Bangriposi & Simlipal with a bunch of car enthusiasts-1499955992620.jpg  

Monsoon weekend drive: Bangriposi & Simlipal with a bunch of car enthusiasts-1499956016680.jpg  

Monsoon weekend drive: Bangriposi & Simlipal with a bunch of car enthusiasts-1499956034906.jpg  

Monsoon weekend drive: Bangriposi & Simlipal with a bunch of car enthusiasts-1499956068305.jpg  

Monsoon weekend drive: Bangriposi & Simlipal with a bunch of car enthusiasts-1499956107734.jpg  

Monsoon weekend drive: Bangriposi & Simlipal with a bunch of car enthusiasts-1499956123556.jpg  

Monsoon weekend drive: Bangriposi & Simlipal with a bunch of car enthusiasts-1499956148392.jpg  

Monsoon weekend drive: Bangriposi & Simlipal with a bunch of car enthusiasts-1499956166186.jpg  

Monsoon weekend drive: Bangriposi & Simlipal with a bunch of car enthusiasts-1499956183595.jpg  

Monsoon weekend drive: Bangriposi & Simlipal with a bunch of car enthusiasts-1499956203816.jpg  

Monsoon weekend drive: Bangriposi & Simlipal with a bunch of car enthusiasts-1499956224036.jpg  

Monsoon weekend drive: Bangriposi & Simlipal with a bunch of car enthusiasts-1499956243235.jpg  

Monsoon weekend drive: Bangriposi & Simlipal with a bunch of car enthusiasts-1499956261316.jpg  

Monsoon weekend drive: Bangriposi & Simlipal with a bunch of car enthusiasts-1499956279453.jpg  

Monsoon weekend drive: Bangriposi & Simlipal with a bunch of car enthusiasts-1499956295283.jpg  

Monsoon weekend drive: Bangriposi & Simlipal with a bunch of car enthusiasts-1499956319129.jpg  

Monsoon weekend drive: Bangriposi & Simlipal with a bunch of car enthusiasts-1499956332953.jpg  

Monsoon weekend drive: Bangriposi & Simlipal with a bunch of car enthusiasts-1499956345923.jpg  

Monsoon weekend drive: Bangriposi & Simlipal with a bunch of car enthusiasts-1499956363073.jpg  

lovecars21 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 22:35   #27
BHPian

Super pics and a very neat & crisp T-Log. I never knew you could have a BHP meet and family outing on the same weekend.

My wife is still not into these kind of drives, although I definitely plan to bring her along the next time I am joining a meet.

Cheers !
skyrocket003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 20:15   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
This Resort is the old Panthasala refurbished by a Leasee. Although it seems to be renamed as Khairi resort, this has no other connection to the animal or Saroj Raj's quarters.
Probably named after the river. Admittedly the river flows near Joshipur, and not Bangriposi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
There is one at Joshipur,that had been leased out to a private group and very much functioning.
If you are thinking about the one on the core part of tiger reserve, I am not very sure. They have closed access to civilians since ages, even family members of forest department were also not allowed.

If one is planning for tiger spotting, best place is to stay at Baripada and take the Safari tour through OTDC, that goes through the outer core area (inner core of tiger reserves are anyway out of bound for cattle public).
Not core area. That has been closed for a long time now.
Chahala and Joranda had FRHs. Other places too. The Chahala one was the hunting lodge of the Singh Deos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post

If I may suggest, do consider Netarhat and McCluskieganj or Kiriburu and Meghahatuburu for your next mega meet.
Can one reach these places easily by road? Any road from Barbil? Barbil should not be short of better quality hotels.

Regards
Sutripta

Last edited by Sutripta : 14th July 2017 at 20:20.
Old 14th July 2017, 21:02   #29
Senior - BHPian

^^^
Bhanj Deo, not Singh Deo.
Sorry.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 15th July 2017, 07:44   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
If I may suggest, do consider Netarhat and McCluskieganj or Kiriburu and Meghahatuburu for your next mega meet. Only concern is that you would just get basic accommodation facilities in these places as they are absolutely virgin with almost no tourists all round the year.
Maghataburu and Kiriburu have been on my radar for almost a decade now but somehow a trip is not materialising :-( My wife speaks highly about these places as my father in law had been posted there for quite sometime in the mid-eightees.
BlackPearl is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed