Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2017, 09:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Dream Trip : Bangalore to Rajasthan. 11 days, 5 states & 5170 km!

Well written travelogue. Congratulations on this wonderful trip.

I too have started planning for Christmas break and most probably it will be Rajasthan this time as I have not visited Jodhpur, Udaipur, Jaisalmer, Barmer & Bikaner for quite some time which I will be doing this winter. I have about 9 days at hand

Rajasthan is beautiful.

Lovely to see that you enjoyed the trip and hospitality of my home state.
Old 26th September 2017, 10:08   #17
BHPian

Firstly what a lovely narration. Loved every bit of it. Beautiful pictures and some great POVs.
I did Rajasthan back in 2010 in my humble Alto-k10. Would love to see how the Duster would fair.
You just gave us a virtual tour of the place. Rajasthan is a State that would never loose its charm.
The details you have shared is tremendous and could be used by anyone planning a trip.
Again, thanks for sharing this lovely blog. Keep traveling and sharing such wonderful blogs.
Old 27th September 2017, 03:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Loved the crisp and energetic writeup of your trip

It brought back memories of my BLR Gujarat Dec drive a year before yours. Good to know that accomodation was not a problem inspite of last moment bookings. I had pre-booked the hotels in planned stopovers of the drive in advance before the start of trip from BLR.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 27th September 2017 at 04:11.
Old 27th September 2017, 10:59   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Sent a link of this thread to my wife. I am planning to do this trip for a long time, however my wife is skeptical about it being a good idea. This should convince her !!

Great trip and lovely write up.
Thank you. This can be done with some efforts if you are passionate about driving. If you have at least 13-15 days, then there shouldn't be any issues. I drove only during the day time (except for one day when we reached Jaipur after midnight) & I think that is the most sensible plan when we are travelling through roads & states which are not very familiar to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Well written travelogue. Congratulations on this wonderful trip.

I too have started planning for Christmas break and most probably it will be Rajasthan this time as I have not visited Jodhpur, Udaipur, Jaisalmer, Barmer & Bikaner for quite some time which I will be doing this winter. I have about 9 days at hand

Rajasthan is beautiful.

Lovely to see that you enjoyed the trip and hospitality of my home state.
Thanks a lot. Yes, your state is amazing & now I know why it is called "Royal" Rajasthan. The people are very helpful and friendly. All the best for your trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
Firstly what a lovely narration. Loved every bit of it. Beautiful pictures and some great POVs.
I did Rajasthan back in 2010 in my humble Alto-k10. Would love to see how the Duster would fair.
You just gave us a virtual tour of the place. Rajasthan is a State that would never loose its charm.
The details you have shared is tremendous and could be used by anyone planning a trip.
Again, thanks for sharing this lovely blog. Keep traveling and sharing such wonderful blogs.
Thanks for having the patience to go through my write up & your kind words. If you have done it in Alto-K10, in Duster it should be a piece of cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Loved the crisp and energetic writeup of your trip

It brought back memories of my BLR Gujarat Dec drive a year before yours. Good to know that accomodation was not a problem inspite of last moment bookings. I had pre-booked the hotels in planned stopovers of the drive in advance before the start of trip from BLR.
Thank you. I didn't want to carry the pressure of reaching the destinations where the hotels are booked & drive under that tension. Booking the hotels on the go not only kept me relaxed, but also gave us the flexibility to change the route/plan in the last moment.
Old 6th October 2017, 16:27   #20
BHPian

Fantastic and information filled Travelogue. The way of narration really tempting me to pack the bag, jump in to the drivers seat and just 'wrooom'... The best part of the travelogue is the video. On this inspiration I also made a video travelogue of may last Sunday trip but not turned as good as yours. Interested to know that which software you used to made the video. Once again hats off on your amazing and thrilling achievement.
Old 9th October 2017, 16:42   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevan Sukumar View Post
Fantastic and information filled Travelogue. The way of narration really tempting me to pack the bag, jump in to the drivers seat and just 'wrooom'... The best part of the travelogue is the video. On this inspiration I also made a video travelogue of may last Sunday trip but not turned as good as yours. Interested to know that which software you used to made the video. Once again hats off on your amazing and thrilling achievement.
Thanks Jeevan. I have recorded the videos in an action camera (SJCAM SJ4000 Wi-Fi) and edited the clips using Windows movie maker as this was the only free video editing software to which I had access. Note that, there is considerable loss in video quality when you edit using Windows movie maker and it is pretty slow. Cameras like GoPro come with their own editing software like GoPro Studio but I was not able to open the videos recorded in SJCAM in GoPro Studio. I had recorded around 6 hours of videos. After editing, I have made one 1 hour long video(more detailed) and another 16 mins video which you have watched.
DheerajNK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 15:24   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DheerajNK View Post
Thanks Jeevan. I have recorded the videos in an action camera (SJCAM SJ4000 Wi-Fi) and edited the clips using Windows movie maker as this was the only free video editing software to which I had access. Note that, there is considerable loss in video quality when you edit using Windows movie maker and it is pretty slow. Cameras like GoPro come with their own editing software like GoPro Studio but I was not able to open the videos recorded in SJCAM in GoPro Studio. I had recorded around 6 hours of videos. After editing, I have made one 1 hour long video(more detailed) and another 16 mins video which you have watched.
Thank you my dear friend for your valuable information. Keep the spirit
Jeevan Sukumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 10:23   #23

Hi All, I am planning a road trip from Bangalore to Rajasthan this winter. (22nd Dec to 10th Jan)

Heard that due to heavy rains this time, the road conditions are not so good.

looking for some advice as follows:

1. Bangalore - Mumbai Highway was under construction. Not sure if if it is all done or the work in still going on.
2. Pune - Vadodra - Udaipur - Pushkar - any update on road situation will help.
3. the overall plan is Bangalore - Pune - Ajanta/ellora - Vadodra (as have relatives there) - Udaipur - Ajmer - Pushkar - Udaipur - Mumbai - Bangalore. any suggestion on the same?

Overall, if I can get some advice on whether this is a right time to make this visit, any change in the route plan, any new location to cover en route, or any other point to be noted will be a great help.

I would be on MG hector with my wife and two kids (11 & 6 years).
Old 4th December 2019, 23:03   #24
BHPian

Hi Dheeraj. You've winded up an Amazing Travelogue! I'm not big fan of white colour when it comes to cars but I will have to admit that the pictures of your Vento parked in front of fort and the one with sunset just looks soo majestic. Now I have started having second thoughts now regarding my colour choices
Old 5th December 2019, 13:38   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepsubi View Post

1. Bangalore - Mumbai Highway was under construction. Not sure if if it is all done or the work in still going on.
I drove in this stretch 3 months back till Belgaum on my way to Goa. Yes the road work is in progress and you need to take diversions every now and then. These diversions have speed breakers as well. For me, it was bit of a challenge considering the GC of the Vento since I had a 4 people & trunk full of luggage. In Hector, you might lose some time due to diversions but there shouldn't be any other issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
Hi Dheeraj. You've winded up an Amazing Travelogue! I'm not big fan of white colour when it comes to cars but I will have to admit that the pictures of your Vento parked in front of fort and the one with sunset just looks soo majestic. Now I have started having second thoughts now regarding my colour choices
Thank You Sachin. White color grows on you slowly . I have owned a couple of dark colored cars in the past including black but now I think my future cars are also going to be White as I find this color very easy to maintain & I feel sedans look good in White. The picture of the Vento in front of the Udaipur City Palace is my favorite pic from this trip.

Last edited by DheerajNK : 5th December 2019 at 13:45.
DheerajNK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 11:20   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DheerajNK View Post
I drove in this stretch 3 months back till Belgaum on my way to Goa. Yes the road work is in progress and you need to take diversions every now and then. These diversions have speed breakers as well. For me, it was bit of a challenge considering the GC of the Vento since I had a 4 people & trunk full of luggage. In Hector, you might lose some time due to diversions but there shouldn't be any other issues.
Thanks Dheeraj. Even I had gone to Goa in Sept (by Honda Jazz) and faced this issue. I heard that not just till Belgaum, the construction work in in progress for a larger stretch.
couple of other sources told me that roads in Gujrat and Rajsthan is not good either (due to heavy rain this season) hence I postponed the trip to Rajsthan.
thanks for your input.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th December 2019 at 11:36. Reason: Fixed quote.

Most Viewed