Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2017, 05:34   #16
BHPian

Re: To Munnar in a Ford Endeavour!

Young man fantastic pictures :-) with great writing. Guess we will read/see more of these when you have your driving license.

By any chance, do you remember the name of the biriyani place?
hok kolorob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 08:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hok kolorob View Post
By any chance, do you remember the name of the biriyani place?
I too missed seeing it in the original post.

Velu Biryani in Dindigul. Got branches in Madurai and elsewhere (Salem etc) too.

You’ll find it kind of different from Kolkota biryani with alu, though.
Old 31st August 2017, 08:51   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I too missed seeing it in the original post.

Velu Biryani in Dindigul. Got branches in Madurai and elsewhere (Salem etc) too.

You’ll find it kind of different from Kolkata biryani with "alu", though.
Hey, thanks a lot for pointing that out. We also get biriyani with "alu" here as well. If you come to Kolkata try biriyani from "Royal Indian Restaurant" in Park Circus Area, they serve it with out "alu" I like the biryani from Paradise, Hyderabad also. Though some my friends who stay there says, it is popular for tourist, you get better biriyani in Hyderabad.
Old 31st August 2017, 09:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, thanks a lot for pointing that out. We also get biriyani with "alu" here as well. If you come to Kolkata try biriyani from "Royal Indian Restaurant" in Park Circus Area, they serve it with out "alu" I like the biryani from Paradise, Hyderabad also. Though some my friends who stay there says, it is popular for tourist, you get better biriyani in Hyderabad.
I've seen branches of Zeeshan in Bangalore so yes.

Paradise is a tourist only sort of place. Try Azizia at the top of the lane that leads to the Nampally railway station. Or Shadab, Nayaab, Shah Ghouse .. so many excellent choices.

We might get this discussion moved to PM or onto a biryani thread though. I'm sure there's on on tbhp somewhere.
Old 31st August 2017, 12:45   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I've seen branches of Zeeshan in Bangalore so yes.

Paradise is a tourist only sort of place. Try Azizia at the top of the lane that leads to the Nampally railway station. Or Shadab, Nayaab, Shah Ghouse .. so many excellent choices.

We might get this discussion moved to PM or onto a biryani thread though. I'm sure there's on on tbhp somewhere.

Venu biryani restaurant is inside Dindigul. Actually, we planned for going Thalapphakatti Biryani there but some of my dad's friends suggested Venu biryani and so we went there instead. We were completely happy and satisfied with our desicion.
We actually used Google maps to get there. We used the search term ''Venu biryani Dindigul".
Onyx Panther is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 18:07   #21
BHPian

That was a wonderful write up, you have a good eye and a spirit for adventure, which at your age is commendable. Look forward to your next write up.
I have not tried venu biriyani, though I have tried the Thalapphakatti Biryani in Dindigul, will definitely try on my next visit that way. Anyone knows if there is one in Chennai by any chance, am going there shortly.
Cheers
sparky@home is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 08:27   #22
BHPian

Onyx Panther - This is a wonderful write-up with beautiful pictures. The style of expression and choice of words along with some beautiful eye catching pictures is commendable and pleasantly surprising.

Munnar brings fond memories for me because I've visited that place twice and Kolukkumalai tea estate is one of my favourite places there and brought back a lot of memories. Now that I've seen the pics, next time I'm going there for the sunrise.
bhaskar.guru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 00:05   #23
BHPian

It's smelling heavenly with Biryani talks in this thread. I am from Dindigul and I will suggest you to try only and only"VENU" Biriyani. They don't have branches anywhere other than their sole outlet at Dindigul. It is really the best biriyani you can get. Thalapakatti was good once, but not anymore. It's only Venu that maintains its heritage still. Sorry if I have went much OT.
VishJ is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 10:34   #24
BHPian

Really an adventurous trip you had there. The pictures you shared very superb. Learning about the tea from the factory would have been a nice experience I am sure.

This bit remained me of the leech experience I had in Darjeeling last year: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...h-machine.html.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Panther View Post

The area had leeches at places and you wouldn’t know if it grabbed on to your leg. When it bites, it would insert an anesthetic so strong that you won’t know that it had been sucking your blood until you see it.
To Munnar in a Ford Endeavour!-leech.jpg
Old 4th September 2017, 14:51   #25
BHPian

Wonderful write-up and crispier pictures, and that too from a 14 year old. Flabbergasted!!

We missed Munnar by a whisker and turned wheels to Valparai last month. But no regrets and Munnar is next on the list, in the near future, esp. for the tree house and sunrise.
dre@ms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 15:50   #26
BHPian

A very well written post and the pictures are the icing on the cake. Well done @Onyx Panther - your skills belies your age. Looking forward to your next travelogue
MaddyCrew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 09:45   #27
BHPian

Cheers Mate! Thanks for sharing. Very enjoyable.

I have to ask - what camera/lens combo did you use? The Dynamic Range on some of the photos would put even the Pixel 2 to shame, what with all its software processing.

My best guess in a Canon 24 mpx APS-C sensor + a 35mm lens.
Mu009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2018, 16:53   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
Cheers Mate! Thanks for sharing. Very enjoyable.

I have to ask - what camera/lens combo did you use? The Dynamic Range on some of the photos would put even the Pixel 2 to shame, what with all its software processing.

My best guess in a Canon 24 mpx APS-C sensor + a 35mm lens.
My gear included a Nikon D750 FX camera along with a Tamron 24-70 G1 VC lens, I did do a bit of post processing on Lightroom for a bit more tonal contrast and vibrance but the exposure and the dynamic range was not much affected from the original picture.
Old 27th May 2018, 17:10   #29
BHPian

Wow! I'm really impressed with the sensor's ability to capture dynamic range then.

Not to start to a completely OT debate, even though I am a Canon user myself, I've always felt that the Sony sensors used on other brands (including Nikon) are better.

And for what it's worth, allow me to say that it is nothing short of insulting to bring up your age when complimenting you on your photography skills - I would never claim to have much of a handle on photography as an art, but you are good at this. No qualifiers required.
Mu009 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks