Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2017, 01:39   #16
BHPian

Re: Nizam's Abode (Hyderabad) to the Jewel of the West (Goa)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwal View Post
Super!! I am thinking of the same route for my trip. Have a fun filled trip, HighwayHopper!
Here is the update:

Hyderabad-Humnabad (superb 4 lane toll route, fast tag is operational)
Humnabad - Gulbarga (smooth tarmac)
Gulbarga-Bijapur (very decent, watch out for diversions)
Bijapur-Bagalkot-Belgaum (good roads)
Belgaum-Chorla-North Goa (good roads).

Hyderabad-Gulbarga can be covered in 3.5 hrs, and the rest of the route can take anywhere between 11-12 hrs.
HighwayHopper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 14:34   #17
BHPian

Thanks for the update HighwayHopper.
We are also planning this month end to Goa.
(1) Hyderabad - Gulbarga by starting at 7PM after work. Stay at Gulbarga.
(2) Gulbarga - Calangute via above mentioned Route next morning around 6AM.

Hope Gulbarga is a good and safe place to stay overnight. Myself and My wife would be traveling and We would be reach around midnight there.
Old 10th November 2017, 12:49   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayHopper View Post
Here is the update:

Hyderabad-Gulbarga can be covered in 3.5 hrs, and the rest of the route can take anywhere between 11-12 hrs.
Hi HighwayHopper - Thanks! Hope you had a good time @ Goa.

I have a question to you and other friends here - I live near to Gachibowli and ORR is like 5 kms. When I do google map, it is recommending to go via Jadcherla-Mahbubnagar-Raichur-Baglkot-Belagavi-chorla-n Goa.

Is your route preferred over that one?
Old 10th November 2017, 18:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwal View Post
Hi HighwayHopper - Thanks! Hope you had a good time @ Goa.

I have a question to you and other friends here - I live near to Gachibowli and ORR is like 5 kms. When I do google map, it is recommending to go via Jadcherla-Mahbubnagar-Raichur-Baglkot-Belagavi-chorla-n Goa.

Is your route preferred over that one?
I have done Hyderabad-Jadcherla-Bhootpur-Raichur many times and the road condition was good. On my return, when I was nearing Bagalkot, I have seen boards indicating Raichur but a quick calculation threw the same amount of time as Bagalkot-Gulbarga and hence carried on the via Gulbarga. I cannot comment on Raichur-Bagalkot. There is a separate thread on Hyderabad-Goa probably you may find best answers there.

If you are taking Jadcherla-Raichur-Goa route, then I will suggest you not to enter Mahbubnagar, instead carry on till Bhootpur, and then take the Raichur bypass.

Last edited by HighwayHopper : 10th November 2017 at 18:44.
HighwayHopper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 16:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Apart from the usual, I ensured the following i.e.
a) On the basis of route updates in the TBHP forum , finalized Hyderabad - Humnabad - Kalaburagi - Jevargi - Vijayapura - Bagalkot - Belagavi - Chorla - Candolim.

Route Details :
Hyderabad - Humnabad : This stretch is the best of all. It is a 4 laned road with median. You can speed up on this stretch to reduce the travel time. I covered this in 1 hr and 30 mins.
Humnabad - Kalaburagi : This stretch is quite good as well. It is 2 laned with paved shoulder. There might be a few unmarked humps to watch out for. You will see some elevation here.
Kalaburagi - Vijayapura : This stretch is quite good as well. It is 2 laned with paved shoulder. There might be a few unmarked humps to watch out for. Also you get to see more traffic on this route.
Vijayapura - Bagalkot : This stretch is the worst stretch of this route. It is 2 laned with paved shoulder. There might be a few unmarked humps to watch out for.Also the road is pretty uneven. Also work is going on on this route.
Bagalkot - Belagavi : This stretch is the best after Hyderabad - Humnabad. It is 2 laned with paved shoulder. You can speed up on this stretch to reduce the travel time.

Quote:
Here is the update:

I will be riding to Goa for India Bike Week soon and had a few doubts:
1. Which of the above mentioned two routes are better for a bike ride?
And is either of them shown here on Google Maps?
Nizam's Abode (Hyderabad) to the Jewel of the West (Goa)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1510485230.602331.jpg

2. I need to reach Anjuna by 12 noon on 24th November. When do you suggest I leave? I was thinking I would leave from Hyderabad around 1-2AM but wanted to know how doable the initial 4 hours of darkness on the highway are?
Or should I leave earlier? If the first half of the highway is well paved and lit, I don't mind leaving earlier too, but not before 10pm.

P.S: I will be riding a KTM Duke 390 along with a friend on his RE Classic 350 and we are both doing this route for the first time.
Old 13th November 2017, 12:19   #21
BHPian

Quote:
I have done Hyderabad-Jadcherla-Bhootpur-Raichur many times and the road condition was good. On my return, when I was nearing Bagalkot, I have seen boards indicating Raichur but a quick calculation threw the same amount of time as Bagalkot-Gulbarga and hence carried on the via Gulbarga. I cannot comment on Raichur-Bagalkot. There is a separate thread on Hyderabad-Goa probably you may find best answers there.

If you are taking Jadcherla-Raichur-Goa route, then I will suggest you not to enter Mahbubnagar, instead carry on till Bhootpur, and then take the Raichur bypass.
Thanks HH. Let me put a question on that thread as well.
kanwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 21:42   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
I will be riding to Goa for India Bike Week soon and had a few doubts:
1. Which of the above mentioned two routes are better for a bike ride?
And is either of them shown here on Google Maps?
Attachment 1695220

2. I need to reach Anjuna by 12 noon on 24th November. When do you suggest I leave? I was thinking I would leave from Hyderabad around 1-2AM but wanted to know how doable the initial 4 hours of darkness on the highway are?
Or should I leave earlier? If the first half of the highway is well paved and lit, I don't mind leaving earlier too, but not before 10pm.

P.S: I will be riding a KTM Duke 390 along with a friend on his RE Classic 350 and we are both doing this route for the first time.
I took Hyderabad-Zaheerabad-Gulbarga-Bijapur-Bagalkot-Belgaum-Chorla and the route was pretty decent and good except for few stretches where widening is in progress. For exact route queries there is a separate thread.

Hyderabad-Goa can take anywhere between 13-15 hrs depending on your speed and breaks. Budget your time based on the travel hours. For the route I took, only Hyderabad -Humnabad has tolls and the road is well maintained There were no lights after I diverted towards Gulbarga until the day break. If you have to be there by 12 noon, then my suggestion is to start on 23rd morning and take a halt at Belgaum for the night. Hyderabad-Belgaum will take at least 10-12 hrs., again depends on your speed and time for breaks. Belgaum-Goa will take at least 3-3.5 hrs.
Old 22nd November 2017, 00:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I took Hyderabad-Zaheerabad-Gulbarga-Bijapur-Bagalkot-Belgaum-Chorla and the route was pretty decent and good except for few stretches where widening is in progress. For exact route queries there is a separate thread.

Hyderabad-Goa can take anywhere between 13-15 hrs depending on your speed and breaks. Budget your time based on the travel hours. For the route I took, only Hyderabad -Humnabad has tolls and the road is well maintained There were no lights after I diverted towards Gulbarga until the day break. If you have to be there by 12 noon, then my suggestion is to start on 23rd morning and take a halt at Belgaum for the night. Hyderabad-Belgaum will take at least 10-12 hrs., again depends on your speed and time for breaks. Belgaum-Goa will take at least 3-3.5 hrs.

Thanks a lot!
Will be following your Hyderabad-Zaheerabad-Gulbarga-Bijapur-Bagalkot-Belgaum-Chorla route. I plan to leave in the wee hours of 23rd hoping to reach Anjuna before sunset.
Old 6th August 2018, 10:46   #24
BHPian

Its Goa in the mind again !!! Is Hyderabad - Humnabad - Kalaburagi - Jevargi - Vijayapura - Bagalkot - Belagavi - Chorla - Candolim still the preferred route? Would appreciate feedback/suggestions regarding the same .
Old 8th August 2018, 22:44   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Its Goa in the mind again !!! Is Hyderabad - Humnabad - Kalaburagi - Jevargi - Vijayapura - Bagalkot - Belagavi - Chorla - Candolim still the preferred route? Would appreciate feedback/suggestions regarding the same .
Yes, stick to this route if it is north Goa. I took this route twice and was quite happy. The travel time can vary between 13-15 hrs depending on speed and the weather condition. Start early if you intend to do the stretch in a single shot. If not plan a break in Belgaum and enjoy the ghat in the morning. Happy driving !!
HighwayHopper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2018, 19:01   #26
BHPian

Did Hyderabad - Humnabad - Kalaburagi - Jevargi - Vijayapura - Bagalkot - Belagavi in 9 and half hours today. Started at 6:00 am and was at the hotel by 3:30 pm.
Few points i.e.
a) Saw a huge mall i.e S hypermart on the vijaypura bypass. Good option for a brief stopover for food,restroom, last minute shopping etc.
b) Google map was recommending an alternate route at Kalaburagi i.e. NH150E instead of continuing on NH50 to Jevargi. Any feedback on this route.
c) Google map was recommending an alternate route at Devar Hippargi i.e. SH41 instead of continuing on NH50 till vijaypura bypass. Any feedback on this route.
Overall road conditions are quite good except for a brief stretch between vijaypura and bagalkote.
Old 27th August 2018, 10:10   #27
BHPian

Did Candolim - Belagavi - Bagalkot - Vijayapura - Jevargi - Kalaburagi - Humnabad- Hyderabad on 26th. Started at 5:45 am and was at Nallagandla by 8:15 pm. It included nearly 2 hours of stoppage time.
Few points i.e.
a) Would recommend Ajanta Elite for breakfast in Belgavi. It is on the way. Also the famous Big Mishra Sweet shop is just nearby.
b) Would recommend S hypermart in Vijaypura for lunch.
Google maps recommends an alternate route on the return leg between Candolim and Chorla i.e via Marcel. The road conditions are better with less traffic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks