Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2017, 11:16   #16
BHPian

Re: TUV300 - The Meghalaya Sojourn

Wonderful to see the pictures of our beautiful North East regions through your travelogue. How has the TUV performed overall?

The Umium and Dawki lakes are beautiful. The Dawki lake somehow bears close resemblance to Sattal lake in Kumaon.

Rated 5*
gearhead_mait is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 21:28   #17
BHPian

Another hit from seasoned traveller mi2n I am surprised how quickly you jotted this down. I used to drool over your Sikkim travelogues, now doing the same for the Meghalaya one. I am surprised you took these wonderful clicks using a point and shoot camera. Can easily put my DSLR pics to shame ! Will definitely refer this if i plan to hit the area in future. Rating this thread a well deserved *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
DAY 7 : Day drive to Jhalong and Paren (approx 100 kms)

About 2 kms from the Paren Nature Resort, the road turned rocky and narrow with houses on both sides. Somehow got a hunch that traveling further on this road might cause a puncture.
I believe this is while going towards Bindu. Yes road conditions were pretty bad last time i went. The Paren riverside cafe was a nice place to relax and have some snacks.

TUV300 - The Meghalaya Sojourn-dsc_0100.jpg

TUV300 - The Meghalaya Sojourn-dsc_0106.jpg

Bindu also provided some picturesque views
TUV300 - The Meghalaya Sojourn-dsc_0111.jpg

TUV300 - The Meghalaya Sojourn-dsc_0108.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Your Tuv300 looked ECO-friendly & SPORTy in the pics.
Couldn't agree more These two things excite TUV owners the most, especially when combined !
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 22:08   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Awesome mi2n. Rated 5 stars - detailed and yet very interestingly written. And no words for the photographs - Meghalaya just looks like a paradise. Thanks for this wonderful travelogue.
Thank you. Glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
During the rains, Meghalaya is unparalleled in its beauty. And despite all this rain, the road infrastructure is very good - something for the rest of the country to learn from.
Thank You! Yes, the enticing roads made us drive along aimlessly all day ignoring most places of interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Your Tuv300 looked ECO-friendly & SPORTy in the pics.
Thanks a ton Samba. Means a lot. However, a Tank is never meant to be ECO-friendly and the only SPORT it knows is hunting things that calls themselves SPORTy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddarthab View Post
Fabulous travelogue mi2n with splendid photographs. Had been to Meghalaya (though not self drive) in Jan 2015. Fog and clouds ensured that we couldn't see any of the waterfalls.
Thank you! Yes, the weather in Meghalaya is mystic. The clouds move around all day. I realize that I missed many chances of taking some beautiful time lapse videos of cloud movements and intermittent bright sunshine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointZero View Post
Crispy travelogue and outstanding pictures. Hope you are enjoying the every bit of you TUV. If you allow me, I will post some pictures from my past trip.
Thanks! Yes, we are enjoying the TUV to the fullest. In fact, as the TUV is not the daily driver, we have traveled more on the pretext of putting the TUV to use. Please do post your photos, they will surely spruce up the log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Fantastic pics Mi2n , loved the pictures , and your narration even more. The roads in NE are truly droolworthy
Thanks andy. I recommend you do this circuit in your Duster once you return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Beautiful. Totally justifies the purchase of your much underrated TUV. This is what really sets it apart from others due to the good ground clearance, high driver visibility, driving comfort, spaciousness and ruggedness.
Thank you! Yes, you have very accurately charted the advantages of the TUV. It comes with its own shortcomings but very effectively serves the intended purpose. Trips are now more relaxing, fun and enjoyable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
Fantastic write-up and wonderful photographs. Hope to put down my own travelogue of Kolkata to Goa soon.
Thank you! We are waiting for your story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_mait View Post
Wonderful to see the pictures of our beautiful North East regions through your travelogue. How has the TUV performed overall?
Thanks! It has been smooth sailing with the TUV. It's very easy to drive and comfortable, so I can continue for longer duration without fatigue. It is spacious, so the family can chill and carry as much luggage as they want. It dispatches bad roads with aplomb, so I do not need to be worried or tensed en route. It's an inherently good climber, so the hills drives are that much easier (not that any special climbing prowess would be required for this region). Lastly, he gives us a relative sense of safety owing to height, weight and size.

We are eagerly waiting for your blockbuster travelogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
I believe this is while going towards Bindu. Yes road conditions were pretty bad last time i went. The Paren riverside cafe was a nice place to relax and have some snacks.
Thank you Sam. I distinctly recall the places from your photograph. These are taken near the hydel project if I recall correctly. The roads up to the hydel project and even beyond was in acceptable condition. We went further up towards the WBFDC Paren Nature resort and returned 1.4 km from it. Will post a video of this section soon.

Meanwhile, adding two more clips of our drives through marvelous Meghayala

Last edited by mi2n : 15th October 2017 at 22:18.
mi2n is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 12:25   #19
BHPian

Fantastic TL Mithun. We have been planning Meghalaya for eons now. Your TL will be very helpful in planning the trip.

The pictures are amazing. The Hotels that you stayed in all the places look really nice.

And driving with one wiper in the wettest state of India is priceless

5 stars

Regards,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 17:02   #20
BHPian

You've got a really good eye for composition, some of your landscape pictures are stunning. And looks like you are very passionate about your food as well
Lone Ranger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 00:40   #21
BHPian

Loved your TL. You've described the beauty of Meghalaya in an epic way. Thanks for appreciating the beauty of our North East. I'm form Assam and we go to Shillong every weekend just to ride on that beautiful road from Guwahati to Shillong. Its an absolute driver's/rider's road. It has every kind of corners and that gives us an opportunity to get our knee down. If you ever come to Assam again, do visit Majuli. Its the biggest river island. You'll love it there.

Last edited by 4x4power : 17th October 2017 at 00:41.
4x4power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 10:57   #22
BHPian

Wonderful and very informative blog there MithunDa. Narration and details shared are top notch. Great pictures too. Its so good to read blogs from Kolkata TeamBhpians doing North East like a cake walk and on every other week. You guys make things look so easy.
I feel North East has so much to offer and you guys are doing a tremendous job of sharing the beauty of the States with the world. I have plans of doing Arunachal this December, if Sela pass decides to contrive, we might drop Bomdila,Tawang and go for Shilong and Dirang Village in Meghalaya.
Thanks again for sharing. Keep travelling and sharing such wonderful blogs.

Last edited by ARAY : 17th October 2017 at 11:05.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 00:20   #23
BHPian

Fabulously written travelogue, Mithun Da! Absolutely loved the pictures too. I visited Meghalaya earlier this year in March and since then, it has been a dream to drive and revisit the place. Your travelogue just added fuel to the fire. The places sure have a charm of their own, and I loved visiting Dawki too.

Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 16:15   #24
BHPian

Re: TUV3OO - The Meghalaya sojourn

Quote:
DAY 5 : Umiam - Dawki(via Jowai) - Umiam (approx 240 kms)

Attachment 1684338

Attachment 1684339

Attachment 1684340

Attachment 1684341

Attachment 1684371
Absolutely blissful pictures! These kind of pictures make me want to get out and get driving. Serious vacation goals!

This travelogue is going to be a great help whenever I plan my trip to the North-Eastern paradise. Thanks a lot!
DasJager is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 22:59   #25
BHPian

Re: TUV3OO - The Meghalaya sojourn

Quote:
The trip would remain etched in our memories for many reasons. ...
It's wonderful to read your Meghalaya sojourn which is dotted with beautiful pictures. It's equally delightful to see happy faces enjoying the road trip, specially your little one. Keep driving and keep writing.

Cheers,
gmhossain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 16:15   #26
Team-BHP Support

What a beautiful travelogue mi2n! The pictures are superb to say the least. Rated 5 stars. I have been planning to go to Meghalaya for quite sometime now and this travelogue will surely help. Thanks for sharing!
BlackPearl is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 11:35   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Fantastic TL Mithun. We have been planning Meghalaya for eons now. Your TL will be very helpful in planning the trip.

The pictures are amazing. The Hotels that you stayed in all the places look really nice.

And driving with one wiper in the wettest state of India is priceless

5 stars

Regards,

Pawan
Thanks! I did spot a few beautiful trails waiting for your Duster AWD as well. Driving with one wiper was really stressful on the Bongaigaon to Guwahati stretch at night, however, in Megahalaya, as we mostly traveled around in daylight, we did not face much issues. To top it up, the rear nozzle was also not dispensing any water. The pump was whining but there was no water in the pipe leading to the rear wash nozzle. Guess the Mahindra technicians botched something up during the last visit to workshop days before the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Ranger View Post
You've got a really good eye for composition, some of your landscape pictures are stunning. And looks like you are very passionate about your food as well
Thank you! Yes, as is with most of us bongs, good food is much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4power View Post
Loved your TL. You've described the beauty of Meghalaya in an epic way. Thanks for appreciating the beauty of our North East. I'm form Assam and we go to Shillong every weekend just to ride on that beautiful road from Guwahati to Shillong. Its an absolute driver's/rider's road. It has every kind of corners and that gives us an opportunity to get our knee down. If you ever come to Assam again, do visit Majuli. Its the biggest river island. You'll love it there.
Thank you! No amount of appreciation would seem fair for the heavenly beauty the North Eastern part of our country is bestowed with. Will surely keep Majuli in our itinerary next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
Wonderful and very informative blog there MithunDa. Narration and details shared are top notch. Great pictures too. Its so good to read blogs from Kolkata TeamBhpians doing North East like a cake walk and on every other week. You guys make things look so easy.
I feel North East has so much to offer and you guys are doing a tremendous job of sharing the beauty of the States with the world. I have plans of doing Arunachal this December, if Sela pass decides to contrive, we might drop Bomdila,Tawang and go for Shilong and Dirang Village in Meghalaya.
Thanks again for sharing. Keep travelling and sharing such wonderful blogs.
Thanks! With road conditions improving steadily, contrary to popular belief, any journey to this blissful part of India is really getting easier by the day. I feel, few years down the line, driving down to Darjeeling will be as effortless as driving down to Puri. Also, like you correctly said, there is so much on offer in these parts that you can never get enough. Meghalaya would be at it's best in December. Looking forward to read about your upcoming escapade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Fabulously written travelogue, Mithun Da! Absolutely loved the pictures too. I visited Meghalaya earlier this year in March and since then, it has been a dream to drive and revisit the place. Your travelogue just added fuel to the fire. The places sure have a charm of their own, and I loved visiting Dawki too.

Neel
What are you waiting for? The roads in Meghalaya are tailor made for Toofun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasJager View Post
Absolutely blissful pictures! These kind of pictures make me want to get out and get driving. Serious vacation goals!

This travelogue is going to be a great help whenever I plan my trip to the North-Eastern paradise. Thanks a lot!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
It's wonderful to read your Meghalaya sojourn which is dotted with beautiful pictures. It's equally delightful to see happy faces enjoying the road trip, specially your little one. Keep driving and keep writing.

Cheers,
Thank you Golam da! Yes, the little one keeps things alive and interesting in the cabin. Music and Red Bulls have now taken the "back seat" when it comes to in car entertainment and energy revival during trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
What a beautiful travelogue mi2n! The pictures are superb to say the least. Rated 5 stars. I have been planning to go to Meghalaya for quite sometime now and this travelogue will surely help. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you! I hope your trip to Meghalaya materializes soon. Knowing your knack of finding beautiful hidden treasures amidst the Himalayas, will be eagerly waiting for your trip log. Meghalaya appears to be hiding a lot from us regular tourists.
mi2n is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 15:53   #28
BHPian

Simply wow!
Awesome Travelogue and pictures indeed! After reading the whole I am feeling the urge to do the circuit ASAP!
BTW the Tank really looked gorgeous in the pictures!
SVK Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 00:11   #29

Beautifully put together. Long and elaborate yet interesting.
Can relate to most of the roads taken.
Tough it would have been not to venture to Sikkim yet again.
Pictures are amazing pics .

Last edited by aah78 : 15th February 2019 at 02:23. Reason: Spacing.
AnishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 02:25   #30
BHPian

I went on a Road Trip from Patna to Meghalaya a couple of years ago and reading your travelogue brings back good memories. Meghalaya has excellent roads and the drive from Guwahati to Shilling is alone worth the whole trip. Cherrapunji is so serene that people can spend days there without doing anything. I do plan on visiting again but i don't see it happening anytime soon.
Ranabegins is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks