Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2017, 21:02   #16
BHPian

re: Figo explores the Kingdom of Bhutan : The Land of the Thunder Dragon

5***** Absolutely loved to read your travelogue Arav. Wonderful narration and awesome photographs. I felt nostalgic reading your experiences. When we visited Bhutan, we just fell in love with this place. I wish to travel again to this wonderful place soon in our car.

Last edited by Red Panda : 6th November 2017 at 21:03.
Red Panda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 22:20   #17
Team-BHP Support

re: Figo explores the Kingdom of Bhutan : The Land of the Thunder Dragon

Fantastic travelogue as usual Arav, with a lot of details and superb pictures. Rated 5 stars! We were in Bhutan just 2 weeks back, but I need to take out some time and write the t-log, or I might just hijack your thread
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 11:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Figo explores the Kingdom of Bhutan : The Land of the Thunder Dragon

Great travelogue and pictures Arav. Rated 5 stars. Awaiting a trip to Bhutan. Hopefully that will happen soon
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 12:53   #19
BHPian

Great Travelogue. Bhutan is one place I'm looking forward to for a road trip.

How difficult or easy was it to manage the long road trip with your young son? Does he enjoy sitting in the car for long and is he comfortable sitting on the baby seat with seat belts for a long time? I have a year old son and he gets restless if we make him sit in the baby seat for more than an hour. So I am just wondering when I'll be able to get back to long road trips without compromising the little's comfort.
anshumandun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 13:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

Awesome Travelogue. I thoroughly enjoyed.

Regarding the road condition to Gangtey, yes it was very bad. But trust me, you did not get through the worst. I myself drove there during first week of October. I drove all the way from Thimphu - Punakha - Gangtey - Trongsa - Mongar - Trashigang in my Linea. Perhaps mine was the only sedan there and couldn't find any other. Gangtey to Trongsa was the worst in the whole stretch.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 13:58   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
I always love to read your travelogues and this one is no different with excellent pics and detailed narration. Rated 5*
I love the way how you put it as a family trip. Your narration and pics say a lot how you enjoyed the trip with your family.
Thanks a lot Samba !! The time spent on such trips is the only quality time I get with my family to be really honest and that is why I pen down the minutest of details in the travelogue (which makes it lengthy) so that it works as a memorabilia for me. We had an awesome time indeed !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Mivann has already seen the deserts of Rajasthan, hills of Sikkim & Bhutan, jungle of Dooars, so expecting your next travelogue from a sea side?
Hopefully so ! Time will tell.

Thanks for sharing some lovely photographs from your trip. They are really awesome. I can only wish that I could be half as good as you are behind the lenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
Great tlog Arav. Rating it five stars. Apart from the permits for the travellers and the vehicle, does one need to take vehicle insurance to cover any accident that could happen in Bhutan.

Love the rusty look of Figo after being mud splattered.
Thanks for the appreciation !!

Regarding Motor Insurance, it is not mandatory. But, it is better to take the coverage for Bhutan which comes at a nominal cost of around Rs.500 depending on the service provider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
5***** Absolutely loved to read your travelogue Arav. Wonderful narration and awesome photographs. I felt nostalgic reading your experiences. When we visited Bhutan, we just fell in love with this place. I wish to travel again to this wonderful place soon in our car.
Thanks Red Panda !! Bhutan is throw a stone away for someone who can do Kolkata to Goa by Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Fantastic travelogue as usual Arav, with a lot of details and superb pictures. Rated 5 stars! We were in Bhutan just 2 weeks back, but I need to take out some time and write the t-log, or I might just hijack your thread
Thanks BlackPearl !! You are most welcome to hijack my thread. I will be honored if so happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Great travelogue and pictures Arav. Rated 5 stars. Awaiting a trip to Bhutan. Hopefully that will happen soon
Thanks ! Your Honda will glide through the mountains of Bhutan, the roads are mostly very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
Great Travelogue. Bhutan is one place I'm looking forward to for a road trip.

How difficult or easy was it to manage the long road trip with your young son? Does he enjoy sitting in the car for long and is he comfortable sitting on the baby seat with seat belts for a long time? I have a year old son and he gets restless if we make him sit in the baby seat for more than an hour. So I am just wondering when I'll be able to get back to long road trips without compromising the little's comfort.
Thanks anshumandun !! Bhutan has a very different character all together in comparison to the Hill Destinations in India. You will love it surely.

I have been doing road trips with my kids since they were very young, rather since they were toddlers. Here are the links to my other travelogues :

To West Sikkim when my son was 3 Months Old : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...kkim-baby.html

He was mostly in the belted Carry Cot without any issues and used to love being in the car, though used to sleep most of the time.

To Rajasthan when my son was around 9 months Old : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...rajasthan.html

He was mostly in the belted Carry Cot again without any issues. He diligently followed the caption- "Eat, Sleep, Drive" all throughout on this trip as well.

I found that the Belted Carry Cot is a better option than a Car Seat as the child is more comfortable and could rest it's head properly unlike in the car seat. You can try out this option.

However, Mivann has outgrown the Carry Cot now and sits belted in the rear seat with his sister or prefers to be in his Mum's lap. I hope this helps you to plan your child's debut road trip soon.
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 17:57   #22
BHPian

Lovely Travelogue as usual Arav da.
I didn't had time for phobjikha when I had done this place, thus very informative and inspiring.
Lovely snaps.
SVK Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 18:06   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Kuzuzangpo La !!
That was an awesome travelogue! The pictures were breathtaking. Rated 5 *.

Your travelogue brought back fond memories from my road trip to Bhutan last December. Moreover your overnight halts were very similar to what I did during my trip.

Sad to note that the 53km stretch from Lobesa to Gangtey is still in shambles. It was the same when we went and ended up taking 6.5 hours for to and fro trip from Punakha. They were doing the widening work even then, I thought they were super efficient and must have atleast completed more than half the stretch.

We missed Haa Valley and Chele La pass due to a stupid error of the dates on my side. Your travelogue makes me want to visit Bhutan again during the monsoon season, it is so green.

Sorry for posting pictures on your thread, cannot control self.
Figo explores the Kingdom of Bhutan : The Land of the Thunder Dragon-10.jpg

Figo explores the Kingdom of Bhutan : The Land of the Thunder Dragon-2.jpg

The Road to Trongsa.
Figo explores the Kingdom of Bhutan : The Land of the Thunder Dragon-5.jpg

Figo explores the Kingdom of Bhutan : The Land of the Thunder Dragon-4.jpg

Last edited by Shanksta : 7th November 2017 at 18:16. Reason: Adding info.
Shanksta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 22:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We stopped, it was a Bird with a long tail. Wonder what the name would be :
Its a Yellow Billed Blue Magpie found in Himalayas at heights 1500-3600 Mts.
agspins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 20:07   #25
BHPian

Such a Beautiful place to drive around. Thanks for sharing AJ-got-BHP

Can you please share the Aux light make and model, and how effective it is in various conditions.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by aabhimanyu04 : 9th November 2017 at 20:08. Reason: spelling
aabhimanyu04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 21:31   #26
BHPian

Awesome travelogue. Deservedly rated 5*, if possible one more star for the beautiful snaps which make me want to drive to Bhutan. Thanks for sharing.
isandy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 09:54   #27
BHPian

Wonderful blog there Aravda, superbly detailed at the same time. This one is going in my bookmarks for my next to next trip. As i keep saying to people here, NE has so much to share. Keep traveling and sharing such wonderful writeups.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2017, 12:29   #28
BHPian

It was a very enjoyable and informative read. Along with Blackpearl and Samba's exquisitely detailed logs of Bhutan, our travelogue section is now a comprehensive guide for travelers aspiring to visit Bhutan. Thank you for sharing your moments with us through your detailed narratives and crisp photos.
mi2n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2017, 23:08   #29
BHPian

Quote:
We were lucky to see a Crane here also !! It is an Injured Crane named Karma who has been kept by the centre and is being taken care of by them as it cannot fly anymore due to an attack from a wild dog. A sad story as it cannot go back to it's homeland.

Some pictures of Karma, the injured Crane :
Attachment 1688629

Attachment 1688630

Attachment 1688631
Wow so this guy now has a name too. His pic from Mar 2016. He is growing up well, it seems in spite of his injury

YanTra Makto is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 11:18   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Regarding the road condition to Gangtey, yes it was very bad. But trust me, you did not get through the worst. I myself drove there during first week of October. I drove all the way from Thimphu - Punakha - Gangtey - Trongsa - Mongar - Trashigang in my Linea. Perhaps mine was the only sedan there and couldn't find any other. Gangtey to Trongsa was the worst in the whole stretch.
It would have been great to catch up in Bhutan as we were there during the same time. Yes, as I had heard Gangtey to Trongsa was in an atrocious state and Kudos to you for driving up to Trashigang in your Linea. Was it slushy or rocky ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK Rider View Post
Lovely Travelogue as usual Arav da.
I didn't had time for phobjikha when I had done this place, thus very informative and inspiring.
Lovely snaps.
Thanks for finding the travelogue worthwhile. The eastern part of Bhutan is indeed very beautiful. Though I could only go up to Phobjikha & Gangtey, I would love to touch Bumthang someday. Highly recommended to visit this part of the Kingdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Moreover your overnight halts were very similar to what I did during my trip.

Sad to note that the 53km stretch from Lobesa to Gangtey is still in shambles. It was the same when we went and ended up taking 6.5 hours for to and fro trip from Punakha. They were doing the widening work even then, I thought they were super efficient and must have atleast completed more than half the stretch.

We missed Haa Valley and Chele La pass due to a stupid error of the dates on my side. Your travelogue makes me want to visit Bhutan again during the monsoon season, it is so green.
Good to know that my travelogue made you nostalgic of your trip last year to Bhutan. Thanks for sharing the link to your travelogue with those lovely pictures. Yes, the road widening work in still on and it does bring in some adventure (naturally) to spirited drivers like us Honestly, I was expecting much more from the Chele La & the Haa Valley drive. Not that you missed much ! There is always a next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Its a Yellow Billed Blue Magpie found in Himalayas at heights 1500-3600 Mts.
Thanks for sharing the name of the bird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabhimanyu04 View Post
Such a Beautiful place to drive around. Thanks for sharing AJ-got-BHP

Can you please share the Aux light make and model, and how effective it is in various conditions.
Thanks aabhimanyu04 !! I have the Hella Comet 500FF installed on my Figo since over 3 years now. Sharing a link to my ownership thread for the relevant details - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3798262 Hope this helps !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by isandy View Post
Awesome travelogue. Deservedly rated 5*, if possible one more star for the beautiful snaps which make me want to drive to Bhutan. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks a Ton for appreciating the travelogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
Wonderful blog there Aravda, superbly detailed at the same time. This one is going in my bookmarks for my next to next trip. As i keep saying to people here, NE has so much to share. Keep traveling and sharing such wonderful writeups.
Thanks ARAY !! Bhutan is a must do. I would not mix the beauty of Bhutan with the NE part of India though as it has it's own charm. A must visit for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
It was a very enjoyable and informative read. Along with Blackpearl and Samba's exquisitely detailed logs of Bhutan, our travelogue section is now a comprehensive guide for travelers aspiring to visit Bhutan. Thank you for sharing your moments with us through your detailed narratives and crisp photos.
Thanks mi2n ! Travelogues do help you to plan your trips better. Bhutan was on my Bucket List since long and I am glad I could touch the places I wanted to since a very long time. Shall await your log on the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanTra Makto View Post
Wow so this guy now has a name too. His pic from Mar 2016. He is growing up well, it seems in spite of his injury
Yes I suppose they intended to market it well by giving it a name

The story behind this crane is sad. Thanks for sharing a pictures of this crane at the time of your visit. It does seem to grow fine. However, it will never fly.

Last edited by AJ-got-BHP : 14th November 2017 at 11:18. Reason: Changes
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks