Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2017, 12:31   #31
BHPian

Re: Figo explores the Kingdom of Bhutan : The Land of the Thunder Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
... This boy would never leave an opportunity of jumping onto the driving seat in my absence :
Yeah, why not? If I may copy a popular phrase: "Why should you have all the fun (of driving)!". Looks like Mivann is having a blast being behind the while! His grinny face says it all.

Arav, it's a fantastic travelogue to say the least. I enjoyed reading every bit of it. Keep driving and keep writing!

Cheers,
gmhossain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2017, 20:46   #32
Senior - BHPian

Lovely story, video of Chele La is very good too.

Just returned from 9 day Bhutan Trip, so was thinking a writing a T Log, you seem to have covered most of the hot spots beautifully.

Now thinking through what to write and post
ramkya1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 18:53   #33
BHPian

Thanks for sharing AJ-got-BHP, very well written with some amazing pictures. Bhutan was the first foreign country i visited in a way, went for picnics in the vicinity when i was doing my Higher Secondary Studies at Guwahati. A comprehensive drive through the county is in my bucket list, will surely follow this thread when i get a chance to go out there.
sandx is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 22:43   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It would have been great to catch up in Bhutan as we were there during the same time. Yes, as I had heard Gangtey to Trongsa was in an atrocious state and Kudos to you for driving up to Trashigang in your Linea. Was it slushy or rocky ?
Yeh. You can fit in all definitions of a bad road for the stretch between Gangtey and Trongsa. It had everything. Craters, slush, rocks and more slush.

By the way, I am yet to complete my travelogue. Think it may take some time.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 11:56   #35
BHPian

Excellent trip report. Wonderful to have the young family doing an adventure together.

Did you get any tips on travelling by car in Nepal from their office you visited.
dileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 23:11   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
Looks like Mivann is having a blast being behind the while! His grinny face says it all. Arav, it's a fantastic travelogue to say the least. I enjoyed reading every bit of it. Keep driving and keep writing!
Thanks gmhossain Da !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Lovely story, video of Chele La is very good too.
Just returned from 9 day Bhutan Trip, so was thinking a writing a T Log, you seem to have covered most of the hot spots beautifully. Now thinking through what to write and post
Thanks ramkya1 !! I am still waiting for your log. Have I missed it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandx View Post
Thanks for sharing AJ-got-BHP, very well written with some amazing pictures. Bhutan was the first foreign country i visited in a way, went for picnics in the vicinity when i was doing my Higher Secondary Studies at Guwahati. A comprehensive drive through the county is in my bucket list, will surely follow this thread when i get a chance to go out there.
Thanks sandx !! I am yet to explore the eastern most part of Bhutan. Now probably in my Endeavour will be able to venture the bad terrains better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Yeh. You can fit in all definitions of a bad road for the stretch between Gangtey and Trongsa. It had everything. Craters, slush, rocks and more slush.
By the way, I am yet to complete my travelogue. Think it may take some time.
Heard the road has bettered in the recent times ! Did I miss your travelogue by any chance ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dileep View Post
Excellent trip report. Wonderful to have the young family doing an adventure together. Did you get any tips on travelling by car in Nepal from their office you visited.
Thanks dileep !! For Indian Nationals, the process is simpler in Nepal. Although I am forgetting the exact daily/ head fee, it is just a drive in if you have your and your car papers in good health.
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 04:27   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Heard the road has bettered in the recent times ! Did I miss your travelogue by any chance ?
Should be. I would like to go back again and spend more time in Bumthang.
Here's my travelogue - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ast-linea.html (A road trip to Bhutan & North-East in a Linea)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks