Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2017, 09:56   #31
BHPian

Re: A photologue on Tadoba

I am simply mesmerized by the photographs you have taken. I can see the full story in front of my eyes. I am running short of word to describe my feelings and excitement. Awesome job man.

Cheers!
Red Panda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 13:17   #32
BHPian

Fantastic Samba ! As usual awesome pictures which have been a trademark of your superlative travelogues. The Milky way shots were outstanding. Would love to know how you shot them ? Tripod ? Bulb mode ? Please elaborate

The animal shots were brilliant too. Made me think of visiting Tadoba in the near future too,but the extreme Summer heat is a great dampener
ultimatechamp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 20:53   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Fantastic Samba ! As usual awesome pictures which have been a trademark of your superlative travelogues. The Milky way shots were outstanding. Would love to know how you shot them ? Tripod ? Bulb mode ? Please elaborate
Thanks a ton.

For the milky shoot please follow the below steps-
1)Prefer a dark place away from the city. A clear milky way should be visible with naked eyes. If not install the app 'Sky maps' in your phone. Milky way will be seen between capricorns and sagittarius.
2) Mount your camera on a tripod.
3) A wide angle lens is preferred.
4) Set the lens in manual focus and set the focus to infinity.
5) Preferred shutter speed is 25 to 30 seconds with aperture set at f2.8 or f4 depending on your lens. Iso should be around 2500-3200. Depending on the lens and camera please do the finer adjustments.

I use Canon 17-40L lens with Canon Eos 6D and my setting was- Shutter Speed- 30 sec, F4, Iso 3200.

Last edited by Samba : 5th November 2017 at 20:55.
Samba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 17:10   #34
BHPian

Another beautiful photologue @Samba. Really great pictures.. I am a big fan of yours since I've seen your Ladakh travelogue. Wonderful!

Tadoba is in my bucket list for a long while. Looks like its time to go to Jungle!
cp171185 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 23:03   #35
BHPian

Wow! Excellent pictures as usual. And this time you are lucky to spot both Tiger and Leopard! Awesome photologue. Keep traveling and treat us with such wonderful pictures. Rated 5*
gearhead_mait is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2017, 17:22   #36
BHPian

Wah! The photos are excellent, as expected in your photologue. Also, you seem to have had numerous sightings of wild animals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
... There are 83 tigers, but around 15-16 can be spotted in the zones open for tourists. Few famous tigers are- Maya, Chotitara, Matkasur, Rana, the Daude family. Most of the sightings are confined to these tigers. We spotted two tigers from the Daude family.
I am wondering how do they identify each tiger from appearance?

Thanks,
gmhossain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 19:21   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
I am wondering how do they identify each tiger from appearance?
Thanks,
Thanks a lot dada.

Though all tigers look alike from a distance to our amateurish eyes but when they are monitored closely each tiger has a pattern of stripes and facial markings unique to itself. The forest rangers and guides have an expert eye to spot the difference. Hence they name different tigers accordingly. Plus each tiger generally has its own territory on which they are spotted the most. That helps a bit to identify them too.

Last edited by Samba : 17th November 2017 at 19:24.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks