Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2017, 14:32   #16
BHPian

Mumbai to Tadoba: Solo trip in my Isuzu D-Max V-Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh.8984 View Post
Absolutely lucky you to spot the tigress from such a close range in her natural habitat. How much was the approximate cost for stay, food and tickets for a person at Tadoba?

The stay was INR 3000 including all meals. For the safari I paid 3500 per safari since I chose to have a private jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Do you think it's a good idea to go in January? Also, are all arrangements for the safaris made by the resorts/hotels in Tadoba?

Cheers,

Vikram

Thanks. Yes summers are usually a sure shot bet and winters you need to be lucky to spot one. If you do around 4 safaris you should be sorted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowMan View Post
Hey I remember this old girl. Hope she is doing fine

Ya She is doing fine needs some body work now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
This could be an oil seal leak in the gearbox seeping the gearbox oil in the clutch causing the slippage (could be, not sure), none the less, even if this is the case, the clutch is gone even if there is life as once oil touches it, its finished.

I cannot see any oil marks or a leak. As of now I don't have a trip in near future so driving around the city since there is no issue locally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
Great Pictures Tazmaan.
.Your vehicle looks the part and it does have a tough macho look. Two questions - What is that spoiler like flap on the bonnet front?.

How is the suspension set in the D-Max, is it soft and springy and also does it roll about a lot on twisties?.

Keep driving and posting. It was a pleasure to read through your post. Thank you.

Cheerio!

Thanks. The visor on the hood is designed to deflect bugs off the windscreen. It helps during long drives. The suspension is a little bouncy but to my liking and being a long heavy truck there is a bit of body roll but nothing alarming.

Last edited by tazmaan : 11th November 2017 at 14:34.
tazmaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 12:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mumbai to Tadoba: Solo trip in my Isuzu D-Max V-Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Thanks. The visor on the hood is designed to deflect bugs off the windscreen. It helps during long drives. The suspension is a little bouncy but to my liking and being a long heavy truck there is a bit of body roll but nothing alarming.
Is it possible to get it for all vehicles? More details please? Does it prevent stones from chipping onto your windscreen too?

Cheers
headers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 17:50   #18
BHPian

One lucky guy man... You got to see the tiger. I wanted to know if you did anything to fix its bouncy ride? Do you just put some heavy load in the back and drive?
sreejinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 10:49   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Is it possible to get it for all vehicles? More details please? Does it prevent stones from chipping onto your windscreen too?

Cheers
No it cannot deflect stones. I do a lot of interstate hobby driving and it helps protect the windshield from bug splatter. I am not sure about other vehicles but I have seen it on Safari Storme and Fortuner. When I was in Australia I had seen it on few sedans as well. You can check with you car dealer or may be online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
One lucky guy man... You got to see the tiger. I wanted to know if you did anything to fix its bouncy ride? Do you just put some heavy load in the back and drive?
No I have not done anything. When I am traveling solo I am in the driver seat and the ride is much better for the front two seats. When the rear seats are occupied, I am usually with family in which case there is enough luggage at the back including kids cycles.
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 21:11   #20
BHPian

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the details of your adventurous trip ..... It must have felt awesome to see the big cat up & close in the wild

Im planning a trip to Tadoba next month with my family & mine too will be a drive from Mumbai to Tadoba.

Basis your travel experience, which route would you recommend with the night halt? How much time (approx) did it take you to reach your first stop over?

Thanx
Amit
Old 15th November 2017, 11:03   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk2kin View Post
Hi,

Thank you for sharing the details of your adventurous trip ..... It must have felt awesome to see the big cat up & close in the wild

Im planning a trip to Tadoba next month with my family & mine too will be a drive from Mumbai to Tadoba.

Basis your travel experience, which route would you recommend with the night halt? How much time (approx) did it take you to reach your first stop over?

Thanx
Amit
Hey thanks it was indeed an experience to feel the presence of a big cat so close knowing that she is totally capable of inflicting serious damage. It is a humbling experience meeting the king of the jungle up close.

Regarding you drive I suggest you do the trip Via Dhule - Jalgaon - Akola - Amravati - Nagpur bypass - Tadoba.

The roads via Shirdi and Aurangabad (Post Jalna) will test your car. You can stay over night at Akola. Mumbai Akola is a 12 hour drive and Akola to Tadoba are brilliant roads which take about 6 to 7 hours. Remember this route is longer by around 100 kms.

In case you decide to go Via Aurangabad stay over night at Aurangabad. Mumbai to Aurangabad is 7 to 8 hours and from Aurangabad to Tadoba is 10 to 11 hours even with bad roads.

Hope this helps enjoy your trip and post some pics after.
Old 21st November 2017, 11:01   #22
BHPian

Hi tazmaan,

Thanks for sharing this beautiful and adventurous solo trip. The log is pretty detailed, sprinkled with good pictures; and you are lucky to have spotted the big cat!
How is the V-Cross clutch?

Cheers!
Shekhar2509 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 17:02   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk2kin View Post
Hi,

Thanx
Amit
Firstly, thank you to Tazmaan for putting up this thread and sharing his insights on the route/travel time (over PM).

@ Amit - Wanted to know your experience on the trip, route taken, things to be wary about etc.. Also, I am planning this stretch in a single day (start by 4am). Should be doable, Right?
mantrig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 17:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Since Last 2 years I have been doing solo road trips. My previous 2 solo trips are documented in the threads below.
Good to see folks doing solo trips, especially to visit wildlife hotspots. Very nice travelogue.

You should invest some time mastering your camera gear :-)

Last edited by nilanjanray : 5th March 2018 at 17:20.
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 17:37   #25
BANNED

Great record of your solo trip, Tazmaan! I know I sound like an idiot but I have to know - what does P3 stand for (as a pre-fix) in P3 tigress? And it was indeed fabulous luck that you met the tigress on the first safari itself. Yes, the after effects of a close sighting lasts for a while!

And about the clutch slipping - keeping in mind the odo reading (18.9K) - could this be a normal symptom at this time?

Thanks once again for a great read.
Shashanka

Last edited by shashanka : 5th March 2018 at 17:41.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 11:02   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
P3 tigress?

And about the clutch slipping - keeping in mind the odo reading (18.9K) - could this be a normal symptom at this time?

Shashanka
P3 is the number given by officials to that individual Tigress. Big cats are given numbers as identity once they are 2 years old.

I changed the clutch at 20000 kms and did a solo trip to Goa after that. I guess the off-roading and re-map does reduce the life of the clutch. The OEM quality is nothing great to add to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Good to see folks doing solo trips, especially to visit wildlife hotspots. Very nice travelogue.

You should invest some time mastering your camera gear :-)
I did spend some time with the new camera. The problem was the camera was just a few days old when I went on this trip. I still need to learn a lot more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
@ Amit - Wanted to know your experience on the trip, route taken, things to be wary about etc.. Also, I am planning this stretch in a single day (start by 4am). Should be doable, Right?
It can be done in one day if you start at 4 am. I have done Mumbai-Nagpur and Nagpur-Mumbai individually in one day. Left Mumbai at 5 am and reached Nagpur at 7 PM. Since you won't need to go towards the city (If going through Aurangabad) you might reach Tadoba around 7 or 8 PM. I usually don't speed and my breaks/stops are short.

Thank you all for your kind words. Next Travelouge is going to be for Pondicherry. The booking is done and travel dates are last week of April 2018. That is going to be one long drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks