Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2017, 06:41   #16
BHPian

re: Goa: A room with a view!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivebyfire View Post
Beautiful trip-log and stunning pictures brother!! South and North Goa indeed feel worlds apart. The Colva pics instantly put me in nostalgia mode thinking of our ride last year. And holy hell that sink hole is something!! I was going to say One+ has an epic camera except I know you are one hell of a photographer.

I miss Bellissa, great to see you are still pushing 18 kmpl on the 1.4L Fire
Thanks a lot brother, your presence was continually missed though! And yes, south Goa and north Goa are polar opposites.
Old 24th November 2017, 17:21   #17
BHPian

Re: Goa: A room with a view!

That was a lovely description of your trip to Goa. I never knew a sink hole existed in there despite having been to Goa 4 times in the last 10 years or so.

Goa is known for its food and I was hoping for some food snaps. I wasnt entirely disappointed though but a few more would have helped.

I plan to have a Goa food trip next year and the trip will entirely be in and around South Goa. I will PM/IM you in case I need more details.
jensjoseph is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 17:40   #18
BHPian

Divya Sharan,

I don't really comment on many of the threads here but yours has made me break my pattern!

The light and not-so-formal narrative of the travelogue alongwith the excellent photographs and finer details was captivating - yours is one of the few travelogues I have finished in one go!

And thanks to you, I have one new(Salaulim Dam) place to visit next time I'm in Goa.

Cheers to you and your sister!

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
jsrakkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 19:29   #19

Excellent narration and absolutely stunning pics. And oh boy that dam location looks so amazing in pics. Wondering how beautiful it would be in real, definitely going to visit in my next trip to Goa.
dshreyas6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 21:01   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensjoseph View Post
That was a lovely description of your trip to Goa. I never knew a sink hole existed in there despite having been to Goa 4 times in the last 10 years or so.

Goa is known for its food and I was hoping for some food snaps. I wasnt entirely disappointed though but a few more would have helped.

I plan to have a Goa food trip next year and the trip will entirely be in and around South Goa. I will PM/IM you in case I need more details.
Thanks a lot for the kind words sir! There were a few more snaps of food, but they were taken while eating and the way we devoured food was not so elegant.

In fact, there were more places that we couldn't cover and stay in the bucketlist for the next trip to Goa. I shall share details once you chalk out your plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrakkar View Post
Divya Sharan,

I don't really comment on many of the threads here but yours has made me break my pattern!

The light and not-so-formal narrative of the travelogue alongwith the excellent photographs and finer details was captivating - yours is one of the few travelogues I have finished in one go!

And thanks to you, I have one new(Salaulim Dam) place to visit next time I'm in Goa.

Cheers to you and your sister!

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
Thanks a lot paji! Makes me and sis overjoyed when we get to see such positive feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshreyas6 View Post
Excellent narration and absolutely stunning pics. And oh boy that dam location looks so amazing in pics. Wondering how beautiful it would be in real, definitely going to visit in my next trip to Goa.
Thanks a lot sir! Pics do no justice to the beauty of Salaulim dam in reality. Do visit it to live the beauty.
I'm glad you liked the log and whatever info I could provide about places we visited.

Last edited by Divya Sharan : 24th November 2017 at 21:02. Reason: Spell check.
Divya Sharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 21:25   #21
BHPian

An excellent writeup and loved the photos. How much time did it take you to reach?
I went in August and took the route through Dharwad-Hubli and it took me almost 12 hours.

Going OT. I think that tattoo on your arm should have read "para siempre" which means Forever.
ayankm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 22:59   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayankm View Post
An excellent writeup and loved the photos. How much time did it take you to reach?
I went in August and took the route through Dharwad-Hubli and it took me almost 12 hours.

Going OT. I think that tattoo on your arm should have read "para siempre" which means Forever.
Thanks! It took us 12+ hours to reach on day 1 (11 hours driving time) but return was fairly quick at 10 hours with minimal breaks.

Por Siempre/Sienpre translates to 'Forever' and Para Siempre roughly translates to 'Forever and Ever/Always'.
Old 25th November 2017, 00:46   #23
BANNED

Very nice write-up style sir. I couldn't leave it till reading it completely. Rating it 5-starss. . Enjoyed reading it a lot. Now even I want to go to a trip soon but I cannot, you know bords are coming.
Simat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 03:51   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simat View Post
Very nice write-up style sir. I couldn't leave it till reading it completely. Rating it 5-starss. . Enjoyed reading it a lot. Now even I want to go to a trip soon but I cannot, you know bords are coming.
Thanks a lot Simat! I'm glad you liked it.
Gift yourself a well deserved trip after boards are over and all the best for the same!
Divya Sharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 13:26   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
Thanks a lot Simat! I'm glad you liked it.
Gift yourself a well deserved trip after boards are over and all the best for the same!
Thanks for the kind words sir. I wanted to give you a little piece of advice:
NEVER try to interrupt sleep of a sister. I repeat, NEVER. Source- personal experience of a 16 YO
Simat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 11:23   #26
BHPian

What a lovely narration of your trip . . . You are an excellent story teller with a distinctive style. Loved this travelogue, through and through.
Kaustav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 13:10   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simat View Post
Thanks for the kind words sir. I wanted to give you a little piece of advice:
NEVER try to interrupt sleep of a sister. I repeat, NEVER. Source- personal experience of a 16 YO
Ha ha thanks. I agree with it whole heartedly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaustav View Post
What a lovely narration of your trip . . . You are an excellent story teller with a distinctive style. Loved this travelogue, through and through.
Thanks a lot for the kind words sire! I'm glad you liked it.
Old 26th November 2017, 14:51   #28
BHPian

What a lovely travelogue!

Divya Sharan,
could you please share the name, location and price of the place where you stayed?
avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 20:30   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
What a lovely travelogue!

Divya Sharan,
could you please share the name, location and price of the place where you stayed?
Thanks a lot!

We stayed at Paradise Beach House in Talpona, south Goa. A simple Google maps search will point you to the location. It's just 15-20 km after you enter Goa from Karwar side.
We paid 12k for the entire house for our stay between 10th and 14th October. Food extra.
Old 26th November 2017, 21:52   #30
BHPian

Beautiful pictures and felt like I was one among you. That Mahindra by the beachside got me thinking... May be that needs to be rescued before the whole thing breaks in half
ron_9191 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks