Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2017, 08:59   #16
BHPian

Re: Rameswaram, Dhanushkodi and Kanyakumari – Ride to the Peninsular India!

lovely travelogue, awesome pics and great details. I could blindly follow this and do the same route it's so detailed. thanks for sharing and for putting in so much effort into it. really appreciate it. sharing it with friends lets see if it leads us to our own dhanushkodi sojourn.
mh09ad5578 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 09:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandita_bayan21 View Post
How do you manage to have such fun moments during a ride, especially on multi-day long rides? Perhaps, you & Atul follow 'enjoy the journey & destination as well'.

And how do you pack camera gear & rest of luggage in saddle bags? I can't think of carrying my camera gear in a saddlebag. Please do post a snap of how luggage & camera gear gets arranged in your saddlebags. I might have missed it if you have already posted in any other travelogue.
sukiwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 10:12   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Very nicely written travelogue complimented with some awesome pics. Of late I am seeing many traveling to Dhanushkodi, a very nice place it is.

For non-veg, Selvi mess is a nice place on this highway to stop.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 10:33   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Darn you guys ride a lot! Good season to be heading that side. Will try and do a same same ride in 2 weeks. Lovely pictures.
Thank you so much! When we did the ride, NE monsoon rains were predicted but then we somehow managed to cross pass those days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
Amazing trip, engaging write up, beautiful pictures, Thanks for sharing. Great to read the adventures of duo. You have picked a right time of the year, weather is pleasant.
Your holidays were limited though managed to cover a lot of places. Rameswaram, generally known for religious reasons also provides adventure activities such as Snorkeling over shallow reef. The clear blue sea and serene sands of Dhanushkodi call for a perfect shooting location.
This is a must go place in Tamil nadu, maybe we can also add a visit to Dr. Abdul Kalam's memorial.
Thank you! Couldn't visit Dr. Abdul Kalam's memorial due to lack of time. Might cover it when we head to RM again. And yes, Dhanushkodi is amazingly beautiful but then if not maintained properly it will turn out to be like any other overcrowded tourist destination and nature will loose its charm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthns View Post
Nice travelogue! Amazing pictures and very lively way of writing! Kudos to you guys!
Thank you Srikanth

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Amazing road trip and that too on some nice bikes!! Glad you guys wore the riding gear required. Often see many kids on high end bikes on the highways without proper riding gear!

Will do the same sometime, though on a 4 wheeler
Thank you Sir. Atul and I have been riding for quite sometime now and we give safety utmost priority hence proper riding gears during rides are a must.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabhimanyu04 View Post
Amazing travelogue!! som real nice pictures buddy. I am doing this trip in Jan, planning to stay at Kathadi North
Thank you so much. Hope you have a great trip. Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Great drive and photos. Dhanushkodi is such a fabulous place, I drove there recently. Unfortunately this region is hijacked by religious tourists, so not many good vibes. There is a Hyatt place in Rameshwaram town (it is not a beach front property and it is veg-only place)

It would be amazing if they build a road to Sri Lanka!
Thank you! Indeed, Dhanushkodi is mesmerizing. And even I wouldn't mind a road to SL. Would be fun to drive/ride..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Great snaps and write-up!

Err...actually Rameswaram is one of the four must-visit places in Hinduism, being one of the Char Dham temples. I found the place full with positive vibes, and I am not that spiritual at all. Dhanushkodi is a part of this circuit, correct me if I am wrong.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Char_Dham

The hotel that we stayed is Jiwan Residency. Excellent, brand-new beachfront property with central AC, pool and a great veg restaurant, buffet breakfast included. Walkable distance from the temple. Ample parking space behind the hotel, so your car would get a slight reprieve from the salty sea breeze.
Yes Sandeep, Dhanushkodi is just 20kms away from RM and can be covered together. The hotel you mentioned sounds good, would try it next time we are in RM. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
I don’t know if it’s coincidental as I was thinking if there were any female following in TBHP who’s an auto-enthusiast and here I see one hell of an avid automobile follower and travelogue writer. Just bowled over the way you’ve interpreted and the enthusiasm you have carried for traveling on a 2 wheeler!

I should now take this travelogue to my wife and show her how 2 wheels can be enjoyed as she’s dead-set against taking 2 wheels on long rides.

Way to go ma’am! Keep riding and keep writing
Thank you Gururaj. Have always been passionate about travel, cars, bikes, photography and luckily my better half share similar tastes like me, so that makes life a lot more easier. Have been riding/driving from some 5 years now still lot more places to explore.

Take your wifey for a short spin on your 2 wheeler, may be she would love it. Else, ask her to talk to me, will try and change her mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Wow, had no clue. Thanks for the info. I was just curious about Dhanushkodi so drove to that place without any idea about Rameswaram.
As Sandeep rightly mentioned, Rameshwaram - Dhanushkodi and Kanyakumari can be easily done as one circuit. However, we crunched it to three days but apparently one of my colleague who stays in KK mentioned in order to explore these places properly one need at least a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
U mean camera? If so it can be true, coz there is an ISRO's jet propulsion laboratory nearby that place.
DSLR as well as mobile was asked not to be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh09ad5578 View Post
lovely travelogue, awesome pics and great details. I could blindly follow this and do the same route it's so detailed. thanks for sharing and for putting in so much effort into it. really appreciate it. sharing it with friends lets see if it leads us to our own dhanushkodi sojourn.
Thank you! Hope your trip materialize, all the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
How do you manage to have such fun moments during a ride, especially on multi-day long rides? Perhaps, you & Atul follow 'enjoy the journey & destination as well'.

And how do you pack camera gear & rest of luggage in saddle bags? I can't think of carrying my camera gear in a saddlebag. Please do post a snap of how luggage & camera gear gets arranged in your saddlebags. I might have missed it if you have already posted in any other travelogue.
As you rightly said, both Atul and I try and enjoy each and every ride/drive of our life. These small little moments help us refresh and keep going.

I carry my camera gears on the Rynox tank bag. The bag is already well-cushioned with pads but we put additional soft towesl for protection. So in that bag goes both my DSLRs and three lenses, along with the batteries. Will surely post a pic next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Very nicely written travelogue complimented with some awesome pics. Of late I am seeing many traveling to Dhanushkodi, a very nice place it is.

For non-veg, Selvi mess is a nice place on this highway to stop.
Thanks Arun. True, Selvi Mess serves some really awesome non-veg items, I personally like the mutton brain fry. However, off late I feel they have compromised with their taste and quality.

Last edited by navin : 28th November 2017 at 10:49.
nandita_bayan21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 12:30   #20
BHPian

Amazing write-up, beautiful pictures of this great nation! I envy you guys. My wife will never go for such rides, however short. To be able to do it in a Husband-Wife team and writing it up is indeed enviable (I have also read some other travelogues written from both your perspectives - cant remember further details). Keep riding, keep writing and be an eye opening for those of us who will continue to stay locked to laptops and city driving out of utter necessity :(
gtonsing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 12:40   #21
BHPian

Lovely pictures and great narration. It is interesting to note that the road to Dhanushkodi is open. When we went there in late January 2016, the road was not open to the public. Only hired vehicles driving along the beach were available. The view from land's end is truly fabulous.
SajiNSalin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 13:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandita_bayan21 View Post

Thank you Gururaj. Have always been passionate about travel, cars, bikes, photography and luckily my better half share similar tastes like me, so that makes life a lot more easier. Have been riding/driving from some 5 years now still lot more places to explore.

Take your wifey for a short spin on your 2 wheeler, may be she would love it. Else, ask her to talk to me, will try and change her mind
Thanks a lot Nandita! I’ll surely refer my wife to get in touch with you! Perhaps some moderate change in her mindset would help me relive my dream

Somehow both the ladies at home treat 2 wheels as kryptonite they feel weak around bikes lol!

I’ll look forward for your next travelogue. Safe riding.
gururajrv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 16:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely stunning photographs! and a well written travelogue. Loved the pictures of the boats!
smsrini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 16:57   #24

Amazing travelogue Nandita, crisp and supported with beautiful clicks. I have a Ninja 650 and I am in BTM layout too. Me and my wife did a Kanlyakumari trip almost 4 years ago on a Classic 500, post which I suffered multiple herniated discs (might not be due to the trip!!!). I had to give up biking for a while, but I am now back on 2 wheels with my Ninja.

Would be great to have company next time you guys plan a trip, me an my wife could join in too. BTW, please let me know the make of those saddle bags you have on the Versys and is that an SW Motech Alu rack at the back? Also how do you ride pillion without a back rest?

Last edited by ampere : 29th November 2017 at 17:43.
Girileo81 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 22:37   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girileo81 View Post
but I am now back on 2 wheels with my Ninja
Glad to hear that!

Quote:
Would be great to have company next time you guys plan a trip, me an my wife could join in too.
Sounds like a good idea, will PM you once the next ride is planned.

Quote:
BTW, please let me know the make of those saddle bags you have on the Versys and is that an SW Motech Alu rack at the back?
Those are Dirtsack Frogman saddle bags.

No, that's not the SW Motech Alu rack, it's a custom rack fabricated by a fellow Versys owner based in Bangalore, same is with the saddle stays.
atul.ktm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 12:04   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
Amazing write-up, beautiful pictures of this great nation! I envy you guys. My wife will never go for such rides, however short. To be able to do it in a Husband-Wife team and writing it up is indeed enviable (I have also read some other travelogues written from both your perspectives - cant remember further details). Keep riding, keep writing and be an eye opening for those of us who will continue to stay locked to laptops and city driving out of utter necessity :(
Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
Lovely pictures and great narration. It is interesting to note that the road to Dhanushkodi is open. When we went there in late January 2016, the road was not open to the public. Only hired vehicles driving along the beach were available. The view from land's end is truly fabulous.
Thank you. Sometimes between March/April 2016, the road to Dhanushkodi was inaugurated I guess. But yes, a ride/drive through this road is just heavenly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Thanks a lot Nandita! I’ll surely refer my wife to get in touch with you! Perhaps some moderate change in her mindset would help me relive my dream

Somehow both the ladies at home treat 2 wheels as kryptonite they feel weak around bikes lol!

I’ll look forward for your next travelogue. Safe riding.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Absolutely stunning photographs! and a well written travelogue. Loved the pictures of the boats!
Thank you so much.

Quote:
Amazing travelogue Nandita, crisp and supported with beautiful clicks. I have a Ninja 650 and I am in BTM layout too. Me and my wife did a Kanlyakumari trip almost 4 years ago on a Classic 500, post which I suffered multiple herniated discs (might not be due to the trip!!!). I had to give up biking for a while, but I am now back on 2 wheels with my Ninja.

Would be great to have company next time you guys plan a trip, me an my wife could join in too. BTW, please let me know the make of those saddle bags you have on the Versys and is that an SW Motech Alu rack at the back? Also how do you ride pillion without a back rest?
Thank you. We shall definitely get in touch with you for our next ride. Hope to see you folks soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks