Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2017, 09:52   #16
BHPian

Re: Dare to live life the way I always wanted: Bangalore - Kashmir - Kanyakumari

Amazing trip! Definitely on my to-do list after seeing your log.
Old 23rd November 2017, 11:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dare to live life the way I always wanted: Bangalore - Kashmir - Kanyakumari

Good travelogue and nice pics! Seems like you all have a common interest in cars and travel. Its my dream as well to visit kashmir having heard and seen its beauty. By the by I know Fahim when he was working in my organization previously.
Old 23rd November 2017, 11:32   #18
BHPian

Congrats Soumo and the rest of the TDI gang! How I wish I had bought the duster a few months earlier!

Lovely pictures and very well narrated! Hope to meet you guys soon!
Old 23rd November 2017, 11:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the amazing pictures. Congratulations on completing this drive

Need a little info here regarding Thule Ranger 90 seen on one of the Dusters, I assume this was bought from a Thule dealer in Bangalore.
If possible, can we know the cost of entire set please?

Also how did you manage straight 21 days leave?

Last edited by silverado : 23rd November 2017 at 11:49.
Old 23rd November 2017, 11:58   #20
BHPian

Amazing travelogue, I remember reading your solo drive to Kolkata. This one is a mamoth trip. Will be interesting to know the story how did you guys team up.
Old 23rd November 2017, 12:11   #21
Team-BHP Support

What a trip along with superb pictures and narration. The Dusters are looking stunning. Did you face any heating issues at high altitude? Also please let us know when you are in Kolkata next time, will surely meet.
Old 23rd November 2017, 12:42   #22
BHPian

Very nice travelogue, probably the first one involving a number of Dusters travelling together. I have a Duster AWD, and have faced issues with diesel injector failure during a drive to Bangalore from Trivandrum. Did you face any problems with the vehicles during your journey. Did you change the air filter and diesel filter during the journey?

How about Renault support during your journey. Is there a Renault service station in Leh? In a few years from now, I would like to drive to Leh.
Old 23rd November 2017, 13:29   #23
BHPian

Bravo & hats off! It takes a different level of determination to accomplish something like this. Superb shots and well narrated.
All the very best for your East-West trip. Rating a well deserved 5 stars!
Old 23rd November 2017, 13:45   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
What a trip along with superb pictures and narration. The Dusters are looking stunning. Did you face any heating issues at high altitude? Also please let us know when you are in Kolkata next time, will surely meet.
Agree with Blackpearl - would love to meet you, whenever you are at Kolkata - with or without your Duster
Old 23rd November 2017, 15:12   #25
BHPian

Incredible journey indeed. Hats off to you and your group in taking this trip. The part of the swollen Indus river was scary to read. Do you have some more pictures of this?

Quite looking forward to your East-West trip now.
Old 23rd November 2017, 15:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic trip guys !! Congratulations on covering India in Duster.

Two things came to my mind when I read this entire travelogue

1. I somehow feel, you missed the Snow that would have tripled or quadrupled the enjoyment of the Trip. If you had planned in May, You would have had a completely higher level of enjoyment.
2. While the pictures of Leh are outstanding, I do not see too many pictures covering sights of Kanyakumari. While reading the travelogue, probably due lack of pictures or some other reason, I felt(Purely, my feeling), there was some urgency in closing down the trip (Or Travelogue ?) and rushing towards home. Not sure if this is my feeling or was there any need to rush so fast

But, Awesome trip and great travelogue
Old 23rd November 2017, 18:09   #27
Team-BHP Support

Awesome travelogue! A great read as well.

Pushing your endurance levels over time is something that is beneficial to improve the driving skills. The best part is, you have a lot of fun while doing that.

You have written out the piece very well. Loved the way you have described the shuttle names in the beginning (Path Finder, Rover, Voyager, etc.).

Quote:
Well the Pic is without Helmet and was without Helmet for Photoshoot Only, dont shoot me for that
Haha. Be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
Well the day got a special twist where I met the Gang of Jeep Compass who were in the Leh region for an expedition of their own (Before the Grand Launch of the Vehicle). Seeing my KA Registered vehicle and knowing that I am the solo driver drving, they got interested and we started exchanging notes and was allowed to “Test” the Compass with a condition of no Photography, which I gladly obliged!
Must have been a thrill watching a car that wasn't launched.

Overall a very nice travelogue accompanied by awesome pictures!

Keep travelling and keep writing.
Old 23rd November 2017, 23:31   #28
Senior - BHPian

Amazing inspiring travelogue! I enjoyed every bit of it. This has further strengthen my thoughts about doing this one day.

I so hope I could tag my wife and mother here to show there are people who are enthusiasts doing this for real!

PS:
mods, can we enhance the feature of the forum to tag wife profile from FB Guess this would help most of the bhpians

(I did tag her on FB though on TBHP page)

Last edited by gururajrv : 23rd November 2017 at 23:34.
Old 24th November 2017, 12:48   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Amazing inspiring travelogue!
(I did tag her on FB though on TBHP page)
I am sure that you will take up a Long Road Trip and make a new Travelogue here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Awesome travelogue! A great read as well.

You have written out the piece very well. Loved the way you have described the shuttle names in the beginning (Path Finder, Rover, Voyager, etc.).

Keep travelling and keep writing.
Such Lovely Notes makes me feel inspired to take up the East-West Expedition now !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Fantastic trip guys !! Congratulations on covering India in Duster.

Two things came to my mind when I read this entire travelogue
Thanks for you reading the Extra Large Post and yes we did consider doing it early to experience more snow, but we had couple of challenges first being a major one which was getting all our leaves approved in a single time frame.

The major focus of the trip (From the Group) was Ladakh Region and thereafter it was Home Calling for most of us. Which you rightfully experienced in my narration as well. I think that i had been successful in bringing that feel out, what Say ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Do you have some more pictures of this?

Quite looking forward to your East-West trip now.
I do have, will keep adding them in comments later. Need to dig out form HDD's. I so wish to live up-to your expectation..very shortly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
Agree with Blackpearl - would love to meet you, whenever you are at Kolkata - with or without your Duster
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
In the 110 Bhp we didn't experience much heating issues, barring once where we had to stop momentarily to let the Engine Cool down while we were climbing Chang-La , but then the 85 Bhp's did heat up more than a couple of times and did spit Black Smoke when the going got really difficult.

I have been reading your Posts and Threads for a while and looking forward to meet you in person, Someday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Bravo & hats off! It takes a different level of determination to accomplish something like this. Superb shots and well narrated.
All the very best for your East-West trip. Rating a well deserved 5 stars!
Glad that you Liked it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
Will be interesting to know the story how did you guys team up.
That's a story in itself. Fahim and I were colleagues and that's where it all started. Later from the Duster Owner's FB Forum we started joining the Dots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Need a little info here regarding Thule Ranger 90 seen on one of the Dusters, I assume this was bought from a Thule dealer in Bangalore.
If possible, can we know the cost of entire set please?
Also how did you manage straight 21 days leave?
Its installed in Vishal's AWD and if i remember correctly he did mention that it costed him about 60K including the Roof Rails. But, it has its own down side in Fuel Consumption (Big One). If you are still interested to have a word with him do drop me a PM will connect you both.

Well the Leave Part, don't even ask how we did it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
Congrats Soumo and the rest of the TDI gang! How I wish I had bought the duster a few months earlier!
Well you guys can plan a On The Rocks - 2018 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Good travelogue and nice pics! By the by I know Fahim when he was working in my organization previously.
Attn Fahim and Glad that you took your time in reading an Extra Large Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by behaln View Post
Awesome man, this is what we yearn for. Great travelogue. Would have been perfect, if you were at Wagah on 15th August.
Thanks for sharing the log sheets and other expenses.
Well Wagah was not in scheme of things for our Group, we initially planned to be in Siachen Base Camp on the 15th Aug but we couldn't do it due to our Approved Leave Days
soumobakshi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 14:01   #30
BHPian

soumobakshi,Heartiest Congratulations for achieving and living up to your dreams.I'm sure you would have had splendid time at meaty hills. These pictures and your travelogue both are breathtaking!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks