Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2017, 20:20   #16
BHPian

Re: Charitable drive to villages in Maharashtra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Awesome job guys!! And great report.

Feel proud to see a Team-BHP Sticker on your car

And impressive jump by Mahender. That was quite a build up!
thanks Rehaan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks for sharing, pcpranav! Moving your trip report to its own thread.

Here is the older planning thread - link (Mumbai: Charitable drive & village visit on 25th November, 2017).
Thanks GTO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenoytech View Post
There is no higher virtue than giving.

With the blessings we have received, If only each one of us set on your path distributing happiness, it will make small but significant difference to the world around us.

You guys give us inspiration to take your path and fulfill our life with purpose.
thanks a lot. you can take baby steps on such paths, feel happy, and then gradually see the positive change around you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Kudos to you! Not only have you helped others, but your posts here have definitely encouraged some to do good deeds.

I'm interested in this. I used to play chess and table tennis in school and college days. The chess went on till my engineering days when we played at the university level.

My mom is a teacher and many of our close family members expressed interest in activities like this. The best part is the direct interaction. Next time around, you can expect my contribution as well. Unfortunately, I had already committed this weekend to family.
thanks for your kind words. whenever, however you could do such acts, please do so, sometimes even alone! Yes, we should plan to boost the sports culture too in these areas; maybe pickup some goods and play some games there a good day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahven View Post
You guys have made the rest of us BHPians proud, thank you for such blessings you have given to the people in need. Hope, we see more of these things and one day I get to be a part of such drives.
thanks a lot for your kind words. in your own ways, you can do it even now. maybe some of you friend or TBHPians in your area of (or sometimes alone) plan a day out, even baby steps would matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
A perfect "Thanksgiving" of a different kind. Kudos to you guys for this! It is so heartening to see the entire place filled with activity and I am sure they were pleasantly surprised!
thanks for your lovely words. yes, most people were pleasantly surprised, had joy and we were happy too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Well done guys. It takes a lot of courage to spend time for others. The art of giving, hope to see this trend spread and many more bhpians start doing such acts of kindness. Rated 5 stars.
thanks for your kind words. yes, a day well spend. TBHPians or friends in your area can plan something, however small it maybe to start with. spread the word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
That is indeed very kind of you - most of us are too busy living our daily lives, fighting our petty struggles (either the real ones or the imaginary social media ones), to be able to think of issues bigger than ours.

I am particularly concerned by two things in your excellent report:
a. The lack of water purification in that school
b. The lack of doctors

Please let me know if you would be doing anything on that account in future visits - would be happy to send a modest bank transfer your way as my humble contribution. The latter is really hard, but the former can be solved by money.

Also, if you could share any thoughts on how you went about selecting the recipients etc (selection of Jambulmatha or the residential school), that would be of interest to me.
thanks for your lovely words. Yes, sometimes we need see the real world and act accordingly. Actually a water purifier is long pending in my mind, have few pointers : long life, least maintenance, min or zero electricity, affordable. If nothing great comes in mind, then can start with some of these branded gravitational-mode filters (with some spare filter kits). Ideas most welcome.
Sir, with due respect, money is surely required, more the better for such intentions. Proper usage of money is next stage. But more importantly is your active contribution which makes the whole difference, my personal feel.

Regarding doctors, I had a rough plan to locate an acquainted doctor (if available & heartily willing) to spend a day there for a "Free Health Checkup Camp", and we can buy some general medicines. Need to work more on such plan. Ideas most welcome.

As I said, earlier visit I had been to Hirve village, that too was bit interior and offroad tracks. But this time I ventured further interior and landed to this Jambulmatha hamlet. The idea was: the more interior one would be lesser privileged, serves a good candidate for us. Residential school was just discovered on our way, and came to know from Principal that few more residential schools runs in that area. Actually, there is no pre-planned village or spot. I noticed that even small hamlet like Jambulmatha / Ghanvel had small Zilla Parishad primary schools, which we could target accordingly. Overall the people were receptive and all were happy. We were happy too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Great job Pranav. Really proud of you !!

I was waiting for that one for a long time. Put in a photologue if writing makes you feel lazy.

Regards,

Pawan
Hi Pawan, thanks for your lovely words.
You and few more colleagues were really helpful for my NE trip, thanks a lot. I feel really sorry that not able to create my TL, will try best to put a PL sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz3645 View Post
Hello wonderful people. Last drive was during drought in MH, and many parts were battered by it. This time I see plenty water bodies. The sight of water is so amazing. Thank you for every bit of it.
thanks for your kind words. Yes, even last summer we saw many water bodies, and even now post the recent monsoon reason. However at many places the water tables has gone low, and these are bit hilly areas. But many of these bodies do not have drinkable water, and in absence of good purification leads to many diseases. People need to walk lots to get drinking water.

Online bit search led me to some good articles regarding water in these areas:

https://www.cse.iitb.ac.in/~sohoni/w...shmiReport.pdf
http://barefootgovernance.org/wp-con...-Sept-2016.pdf

I saw online info that Jawhar and Mokhada areas are quite talked about for their issues & under-development and even many people/NGO are already working for a positive change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varoon9999 View Post
Superb pcpranav, liked every bit of your log. Must be a heart-touching experience and such a noble way to spread love.

Kudos!!! Mahendra for making it to the shore.
thanks for your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Happy to see that Giving is also coming through Auto Enthusiast community. Very happy to see the initiative ..
thanks for your kind words. If each Gifted one gifts backs a bit, we'll see the world changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific View Post
Kudos to you all, what an amazing bit of work you guys are doing. Please do PM me, next time if you require a helping hand and an additional vehicle. Even though I have a hatchback, I will be more than happy to hire a SUV for a day for this noble cause.
thanks for your lovely words. Sure, most welcome. My personal plans are quite spontaneous, and you may also do so in your own way. Yes, if we many people can do it together, the effect multiplies.

Size of car wont matter, I feel even a biker can contribute! Even I was bit skeptical how much load my Xylo would take (as its just a passenger car not a load mover), but with some careful calculations and bit risks, I did it successfully. Please allow me give you a small example. Sometime back I on family trip, and we drove bit interior. From a small shop in that rural village, I purchased 2 cartons of biscuits & chocolates (shopkeeper was happy doing a good sale and quick liquidating his inventory) and then we distributed the stuff to near village kids who were passing by (they were happy too receiving it). See, all done in real-time, doesn't cost much money or time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram31 View Post
Wow. Blown away by your humility and spirit. I truly believe what you give comes back to you. Please remain this way and keep inspiring selfish souls like me. I would love to join you for one of these events and contribute. Please pm me your details if you would like to take me along.
thanks for your kind words. Sure, most welcome to join, or start something on your own too. Sometimes you need to venture our alone, don't be disheartened.

Many times I feel that money is not the real problem to do this, but right intention are required, and then rest would follow in place. Again thanks to all your kind words and blessings.

regards,
Pranav
pcpranav is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 00:37   #17
BHPian

Well friends, 25th November 2017, exactly a week back, is now a permanent etch on my memory board. A fantastic day where three amazing things happened,
1. I met PCPranav, gem of a guy full of life, adventure and selflessness
2. Practically experienced the Joy of Giving and instant gratification
3. Made 3 more fantastic friends, Mahesh, Mahender and Prasad

Here are a select few experiences, sorry if the pictures repeat over what PCPranav has already posted.

The little girl said that she has never held a pencil or a crayon in her hand but was delighted when she got her own drawing book, crayon set and a helping hand that held her arm to draw lines and paint a cloud. She was soon on her own, opening her creative world on the paper. While she got lost in her own, her mother was ecstatic and humbled at the same time. Never ever experienced such a Joy.

Charitable drive to villages in Maharashtra-pic1.jpg

The old lady was a little shy to accept the blanket offered to her. But as she tucked it under her armpit her smile spelt a million words full of blessings.

Charitable drive to villages in Maharashtra-pic2resized.jpg

The little kid was over joyed receiving the chocolates, with his tongue on lips, his little hands could barely hold them. He started filling his small shirt pocket as he dropped a few down. Simplicity, Innocence, Joy all together.

Again, a little girl, she must be about 2 years old, felt left out initially when her elder siblings and friends came running for chocolates. She slowly moved her tiny feet towards Mahender to collect her joy of candies. Again an awesome feeling witnessing the innocence and joy of the kids.
Pranav, Prasad, Mahesh and self enjoyied this scene from the car.

Charitable drive to villages in Maharashtra-pic3.jpg

Guys, I am a CSR lead for my company and during induction session i present the following slide, which is my favourite.

Charitable drive to villages in Maharashtra-pic4.jpg

The Push Pull between family, friends, career, ambition, job, society will always be there but there is always a slight possibility where we can contribute our time to such Social Responsibilities (SR). No contribution is Big or Small, usually there is no dearth of money as well, it’s the Time, Willingness and Effort on ground that is required.

Towards the end of our journey while we had tea at the Fountain junction, we all wished each other Good Night and knew that the satisfaction of the day would make us sleep sound and content. We did what we could in our own way.

Blessed to be part of this Drive for a Cause. Thanks again PCPranav.
mahen_narang is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 10:49   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
The vehicle would be heavily loaded, with approx 450 KGs material.

One member posted apt inspirational message in our group:

Attachment 1699922

regards,
Pranav
Hi Pranav, you and your friends are amazing. Smart activity you have found which is sustainable and creates value for everyone.

I have thought of similar ideas, but aside from distributing glucose biscuits to needy persons, have not done enough.

Please could I join in? Based in Mumbai, me and my V-Cross can definitely help.
VivOverland is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 16:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahen_narang View Post
...is now a permanent etch on my memory board. A fantastic day where three amazing things happened

...and knew that the satisfaction of the day would make us sleep sound and content. We did what we could in our own way.
thanks Mahendra for the lovely words, joining in this venture and summing up the experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivOverland View Post
Hi Pranav, you and your friends are amazing. Smart activity you have found which is sustainable and creates value for everyone.

I have thought of similar ideas, but aside from distributing glucose biscuits to needy persons, have not done enough.

Please could I join in? Based in Mumbai, me and my V-Cross can definitely help.
thanks for your kind words. Sure will ping you for any such future trips. Im sure your lovely V-Cross has superb loading capabilities as well, technically!

Nothing concrete for now, just some thoughts. Maybe in the upcoming summer season (around April'18), I will plan for a bigger project, mainly around issues of Drinking Water and Education. Ideas & Participation most welcome, more the better.

regards,
Pranav
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 11:57   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Nothing concrete for now, just some thoughts. Maybe in the upcoming summer season (around April'18), I will plan for a bigger project, mainly around issues of Drinking Water and Education. Ideas & Participation most welcome, more the better.

regards,
Pranav
A common theme seems to be water, medical services and educational supplies. I agree with your focus to keep this simple, and focus on those who contribute and show up. Lots of talkers, but we need doers!

So, we can work with your suggestions of what is needed, when, how much contribution, and we just get going on a specified date. I can ask a few V-Crossers to help out if needed. Carrying capacity per truck is high, and 4x4 mode will get the load to very remote places smoothly. Doctors and dentists can join us with their supplies when planning a day camp.

1 modus operandi can be water & educational supplies, and the 2nd option can be doctors / dentists with their supplies. Or both, no worries.
Old 10th July 2018, 11:50   #21
BHPian

Another trip to Jawhar:

Sunday 08-July'18

I woke-up very early and dropped my kid at school, she had to travel for some inter-school function. Me and wife planned to go for a long drive in this romantic & beautiful rains, have breakfast somewhere on highway.
Then I had another thought - lets get some grains for giveaways at some village, mostly near to Jawhar - my favorite area. This way the trip fun would doubled.
To optimize the time, we ate breakfast at nearby restaurant, yummy Idli Vada Sambhar. The nearby supermarket opened at 9.45am and we got many packs of assorted grains, biscuits, soaps and started by 10.30AM.

Charitable drive to villages in Maharashtra-1-grain-packs.jpg

By 11.30 AM we reached Manor, quickly had a vada-paav at Shree Dutt Snacks, didnt want to miss that!

Charitable drive to villages in Maharashtra-2-shree-dutt.jpg

Then we drove towards Vikramgadh road, the area was lush green.
Charitable drive to villages in Maharashtra-3-green-road.jpg

Saw lots of farmers working hard in their fields - deep respect for them. In the monsoon, lots of streams & rivers are full with water. Unfortunately, in summers the area is very dry and huge water scarcity. We enjoyed taking pictures. Just before Jawhar town, got to see this lovely valley.

Charitable drive to villages in Maharashtra-4-car.jpg
Charitable drive to villages in Maharashtra-5-valley.jpg
Charitable drive to villages in Maharashtra-6-img20180709wa0045.jpg
Charitable drive to villages in Maharashtra-7-img20180709wa0032.jpg
Charitable drive to villages in Maharashtra-8-rivers.jpg

Not sure if you noticed, I have a different vehicle. Few months back I sold my white Xylo (it served me real well for countless trips), and purchased a pre-owned black Fortuner 3.0L MT 4x4.

After crossing Jawhar town, we went to Mokhada side and then stopped inside a small village.
Charitable drive to villages in Maharashtra-9-img20180709wa0040.jpg

We called the kids and gave them biscuits. Then we called the ladies and gave them grains & soaps. They were all happy, and after seeing their smiles we started our return way. Somehow we missed taking lunch at Jawhar town, and I drove all the way back to highway to get a random restaurant t& had late lunch. However We could have drove bit more to find better restaurants, never mind. Throughday the day, it was raining Off & On, it was all fun weather. We had some traffic jam from Pritam Dhaba to Fountain Hotel, and reached home by evening. Our daughter called that she had arrived bit early and I picked her to home.

A house entrance beautifully decorated by Warli Painting style of this area

Charitable drive to villages in Maharashtra-10-img20180709wa0033.jpg

Magnificent Mountains, Monsoon Mania:

Charitable drive to villages in Maharashtra-11-img20180709wa0041.jpg

It was a long day, but really satisfying.

regards,
Pranav
pcpranav is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 20:05   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We called the kids and gave them biscuits.
I appreciate your altruistic drives although I do not fully subscribe to the idea. But what brought me here is this report of innocent people being targeted by uninformed / misinformed mobs.

Quote:
A 32-year-old software engineer was beaten to death ... over WhatsApp-driven rumours of child kidnapping in Karnataka's Bidar. The police said the mob frenzy started after the man... was seen distributing chocolates to local children.

Rumours of child lifting were doing the rounds in the area and seeing the chocolates being handed out, residents of a nearby village, Murki, sent messages on a WhatsApp group....As the crowd caught up, the men were dragged out of the car and brutally beaten up...
Source: NDTV

Please be careful when you are with children. One can never reason with a mob in frenzy.

Last edited by dailydriver : 16th July 2018 at 20:27.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 22:01   #23
BHPian

Quote:
It was a day well spend, really enjoyed. Thanks to the team and family to support these ventures.

regards,
Pranav
Great Job Pranav! So happy to see the TBHP sticker in a great cause! Very few things actually give you as much satisfaction as the joy of giving. Most of us are a very privileged bunch, unlike most of our countrymen - we really need to build this culture and integrate it within various facets of our society - be it schools or work.

I have always been a part of such a group be it when I was in School, College or Work. Every opportunity made me a better man and the satisfaction was beyond awesome!

Again, kudos to you all and I hope more people get inspired by you!
Old 17th July 2018, 19:18   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
I appreciate your altruistic drives although I do not fully subscribe to the idea. But what brought me here is this report of innocent people being targeted by uninformed / misinformed mobs.

Please be careful when you are with children. One can never reason with a mob in frenzy.

Thanks. My idea, sometimes the casual "Drive" can be clubbed with a Cause, win-win. Means and way can be different for each. Many times I choose the easy way - drop the material at a nearby children-home, it hardly takes 30-45 min! Occasionally, their staff assembles the children and we personally share the confectioneries, feels nice to see the smiles and some positive moments are created. My daughter enjoyed few of her birthdays this way. But sometimes I do venture in the far villages and do the same, a longer way.

The social media has also created more problems, no denying. There is enough negativity, corruption and vested interests. I do tend to be bit cautious (not paranoid), however I still feel there is lot of humanity around, and we can just try to bring a positive moment for some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Great Job Pranav! So happy to see the TBHP sticker in a great cause!

Again, kudos to you all and I hope more people get inspired by you!
thanks for your kind words. Im just a common man, trying to do a bit, and glad if it inspires few good souls.
pcpranav is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed