Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2017, 20:54   #1
BHPian

Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan

Hi comrades,

I am sure many of you must be eyeing on this thread for updates and rather waiting eagerly for a glimpse, so let me pen it down before giving it a chance to fade.

While we all were set and the count down had already begun, the D-day finally came, with a couple of back-offs at the eleventh hour. After all, everyone has priorities. That said, BHPian sinharishi had just got engaged. Congrats man! but we missed your touch in this meet. BHPian Metropolis had some official priorities baring him to join as well. Moreover, we to had our schedules and priorities coming in our way and thus decided to flag off in 3 batches on Dec 1st.

We let our riders(BHPian Deeps & BHPian Traveller Nayak) leave early to make the most of the day light. Followed by BHPian Ashir, BHPian sunejarahul & BHPian Samar117 leaving Gurgaon in the afternoon, while BHPian sameerg001, BHPian balayogesh & BHPian Nohonking leaving late in the evening. Hats-off to BHPian sameerg001 for his commitment to attend this meet, coming from Chennai after a week agreed to be picked up directly from the airport without even meeting his family. Wow!

Thus, the day 1 was more of a 'split meet' where each group had this day spent and enjoyed differently. Here's how it was...
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-1day1.jpg  

Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-2day1.jpg  

Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-3day1.jpg  

Last edited by Nohonking : 11th December 2017 at 20:59. Reason: lingo check
Nohonking is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 23:42   #2
BHPian

Re: Delhi-NCR: Team-BHP Winter Meet from 1st to 3rd December, 2017

The Day 2:

We all had decided to see eachother down at the hotel restaurant at 8:00 am. BHPian Jalajprakash had already showed in the hotel reception at 7:30 am.

The rendezvous had just begun
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-day2.jpg

The first formal group picture at the Hotel Country Inn.
From L to R: BHPian Deeps, BHPian Jalajprakash, BHPian Traveller Nayak, BHPian Nohonking, BHPian Ashir, BHPian sameerg001, BHPian sunejarahul, BHPian balayogesh & BHPian Samar117
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-meet-starts.jpg

It was a bright sunny day as we started off for Jodhpur at about 09:40 am. For some of us this was the first leg of the journey under the sun!
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-2-meet-starts.jpg

...And soon an unpleasant scene! When will our roads be more safe? Hoping there weren't any casualties, we head further.
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-3-day2-.jpg

Couldn't resist this landscape. While the rest had rushed ahead, we halted for a pose!
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-4-day2-.jpg
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-5-day2-.jpg

Enroute to Jodhpur! Leading BHPian sunejarahul in S-Cross, followed by BHPian Jalajprakash & BHPian sameerg001 in Skoda Laura. Picture courtesy of BHPian Samar117 sitting shotgun with BHPian Ashir in Baleno.
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-6-day2-.jpg
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-7-day2-.jpg

Our riders - BHPian Traveller Nayak & BHPian Deeps were familiar with the routes and took the longer but the best route. BHPian Nohonking took a shorter route to encounter some bad stretches. Others took yet another route and were lost.

Sometime or the other we all have faced this situation on the highways. Relying on the Google maps & lost! This was just another instance!
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-8-day2-.jpg

The beds were waiting! By 02:00 pm we all did check in Hotel Niky International, Jodhpur.
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-9-day2-.jpg

But there was something special we quickly did rush for...
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-9a-day2-.jpg

Waiting eagerly to pamper our taste buds!
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-10-day2-.jpg

Authentic Rajasthani platter comprising 32 sumptuous items. BHPian Traveller Nayak has rated this as the second best 'thali' he ever had.
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-11-day2-.jpg

Next we headed for a guided tour of 'Blue city' through Mehrangarh Fort.
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-11a-day2-.jpg
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-12-day2-.jpg
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-13-day2-.jpg

A scaled down layout of Mehrangarh Fort.
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-13a-day2-.jpg

The soothing musical Rajasthan folk notes - Padhaaro mhaare des...
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-14-day2-.jpg

View of the 'Blue city' from the fort.
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-15-day2-.jpg

Spotted this well maintained classic Maruti Suzuki SS80 - The car that had put India on wheels!
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-15a-day2-.jpg

Posing BHPian sunejarahul!
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-15b-day2-.jpg

The fort.
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-16-day2-.jpg

Posing BHPian balayogesh!
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-16a-day2-.jpg

...And a quick selfie picture as we walk down the fort wearing our T-BHP hoodies to enter the 'Blue city' - BHPian Nohonking, BHPian Traveller Nayak, BHPian Samar117 & BHPian Ashir.
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-17-day2-.jpg

Pigeons flocking up above!
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-17a-day2-.jpg

The two ancient 'sarovar' (water body) adjacent to the fort.
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-18-day2-.jpg
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-18a-day2-.jpg
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-19-day2-.jpg

BHPian Samar117 enjoying videography!
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-19a-day2-.jpg

The 'Blue city' starts, the moment the fort finishes!
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-20-day2-.jpg

...To be continued

Last edited by Nohonking : 12th December 2017 at 00:03. Reason: recovering some lost attachments
Old 13th December 2017, 20:43   #3
BHPian

And we continued to walk amidst the blue walls.
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-21-day2-.jpg

Denizen kids finding happiness in their own way.
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-21a-day2-.jpg

The traditional art!
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-22-day2-.jpg

As advised by our guide, this is supposedly the oldest 'bauli' (source of water) in Jodhpur. Unfortunately not being given the importance it deserves.
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-23-day2-.jpg

They say Incredible India! Hence proved.
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-24-day2-.jpg

Wondering while wandering!
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-24a-day2-.jpg
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-24b-day2-.jpg

To find this familiar classic mobike parked at a corner of the street. "Forever bike, Forever value" - the punch line of Yezdi seems true!
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-25-day2-.jpg

And then we happened to meet the "BHP of dessert". Got BHP?
By the way, a trip to the state of Rajasthan is incomplete without the sight of a camel.
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-26-day2-.jpg

BHPian Traveller Nayak & we posed along the blue walls before the dusk and our exit to the main roads.
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-26a-day2-.jpg

Admiring the jumbo sized moon up above in the clear blue sky, we walked back towards the car park.
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-27-day2-.jpg

Glittering view of the town at dusk from the fort!
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-27a-day2-.jpg

Gulab Sagar Lake in the evening!
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-28-day2-.jpg

The Ota restaurant, where we had our dinner amidst the lake view coupled with a healthy car talk. BHPian Jalajprakash was all planned to modify his 160 horses Skoda Laura to a whooping 300 horses!
Thanks to BHPian Traveller Nayak for suggestion and BHPian sameerg001 for booking our table in days in advance.
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-28a-day2-.jpg

L to R: BHPian Deeps, BHPian sameerg001 & BHPian Nohonking.
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-29-day2-.jpg

On the lighter side, let me quote the words of BHPian Traveller Nayak "sameerg001 is eyeing Deeps 'paneer'. Meanwhile Nohonking was cajoled to join the boys for dinner and samar117 thinking what is sameerg001 up to..."
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-29a-day2-.jpg

Yet another random click at the dinner table.
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-29b-day2-.jpg

A marvelous ancient 'bauli' worth a few moments before we finally headed back to our hotel!
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-31-day2-.jpg
Old 13th December 2017, 22:16   #4
BHPian

The Day 3:

After a sound sleep and a heavy buffet breakfast at the hotel, it was about 08:45 am when we were all set for a 600+ km drive/ride back to our homes.
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-1-day3.jpg

Lets first have a group picture!
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-2-day3.jpg

A quick breather!
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-3-day3.jpg
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-4-day3.jpg

Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-bike-day3.jpg Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-2-bike-day3.jpg

Ride after ride BHPian Traveller Nayak & BHPian Deeps - This exemplary partnership is built over some strong determination, commitment, trust, an understood common pace and a lot more. Hats-off!
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-3-bike-day3.jpg

And miles to go...
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-4-bike-day3.jpg

"The click of the drive" title.
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-5-day3.jpg
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-6-day3.jpg

Lunch halt at Highway King at the outer skirts of Jaipur.
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-9-day3.jpg
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-8a-day3.jpg

While BHPian Jalajprakash was merely 20 minutes away from his home, we all still had some 300 kms to go!
Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan-10-day3.jpg

Finally by 09:45 pm and a trip of about 1250 km we all did reach our homes safely. It was yet another amazing drive besides being an excellent opportunity to know each other. In the words of BHPian Deeps for each one of us who participated in this winter meet:

"Traveller Nayak: You're the natural leader of our wolfpack and its not because of your age. So effortlessly you keep us cohesive and focused. And its always so much fun riding alongside you.

Nohonking: You're an amazing person and an awesome human being. Not many people are as selfless as you.

yogeshbala: You're always a sport and I am really glad you don't let language become a barrier. Its a pleasure having you around.

sameerg001: Thanks a lot for taking the lead in organizing this trip and handling the money matters - which is neither easy nor fun. I pulled your leg a lot but everything was in good humour and I hope you took it like that.

Ashir: You should speak up more.

Jalajprakash: Fun hearing your stories and you're a real nice kid, though the idea of you calling 'Sameer bhaiya' is still a little unbelievable. It makes me feel really old. Lets catch up soon when you're in Delhi.

sunejarahul: Good meeting you for the first time and I hope you drop in more often now.

Samar117: Have known you the longest in this group and it was good travelling with you after over 2 years."

Thank you Team-BHP for this excellent platform enabling us like-minded folks to mingle. Thank you everyone in the meet for making it a grand success. Cheers!

Live to Drive!
Nohonking is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 13th December 2017, 22:50   #5
BHPian

Super pics Nohonking! I missed out on a big one

Thank you for filling my spot and picking up Sameer from the Airport
sinharishi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 00:32   #6
BHPian

Excellent pictures! Commendable spirit! I too missed out on what appears to be a great trip. Will try to make it and join you all in the next trip that is planned.
jbpanda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 10:24   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Pics: Delhi-NCR Meet & Drive to Rajasthan

Thanks for sharing this awesome report, man! You guys clearly had a lot of fun. Moving your meet report to a new thread.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 14:09   #8
BHPian

Another great drive guys , I hope to be there next time you guys drive. Would be a pleasure. Lets organise another one again in Feb.

Excellent Write Up Simmi.
behaln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 15:38   #9
BHPian

Hey guys, nice writeup for your Delhi NCR meet. I too live in Delhi and am quite interested in these meets as it results in all like minded people to interact on similar topics and enjoyment like no other. Kindly assist me how to sign up for these meets?
Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 16:29   #10
Senior - BHPian

Thank you, Non honking for all the efforts & write up. I have been doing crazy travelling since mid November, but this one craziest. Landing directly from Chennai after a 5 day work stint, thank you for picking me up from airport and driving us safe till our destination.

This was one of the best meets, I missed on driving part but on next one, I will be getting my car too.

Cheers man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by behaln View Post
Another great drive guys , I hope to be there next time you guys drive. Would be a pleasure. Lets organise another one again in Feb.

Excellent Write Up Simmi.
Another one being planned for end Feb, snow drive to Narkanda for 3 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklist View Post
Hey guys, nice writeup for your Delhi NCR meet. I too live in Delhi and am quite interested in these meets as it results in all like minded people to interact on similar topics and enjoyment like no other. Kindly assist me how to sign up for these meets?
Thanks
We plan our meet in our group and then post it here. DM me, I will add you that group or you can keep checking meet section, we will post details of snow drive by last week of January.

Last edited by sameerg001 : 14th December 2017 at 16:30.
sameerg001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 18:02   #11
BHPian

I am excited and sad at the same time. Sad, coz I missed it due to personal reasons and excited for our next drive-meet to Narkanda.
And that was an excellent write-up NonHonking. You have really inspired me for the next drive.
BB311 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 22:55   #12
BHPian

So the meet ups have started coming up North. Nice write up. I really wish to be a part of a meet up whenever it takes place around Chandigarh or Shimla (Won't even mind driving down to Delhi if possible).
Till then, keep it up and let the 'B' in Bhpian stand out for the ever growing 'Brotherhood'.
Avalanche2409 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 09:42   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post
[b]
Thank you Team-BHP for this excellent platform enabling us like-minded folks to mingle.

Live to Drive!
While I wanted to input few comments but as I read through the write up, this stood out as a powerful sentence.

When I joined the forum in 2014, I never thought I would make friends here. At the age of 40 you don’t anticipate ‘friends’ coming into your life. Team BHP has been a wonderful and welcome distraction from the daily grind. My first meet was about 2 ½ years ago and since then few of the introductions (from that meet) have cemented as friendships.

For those who are not part of our community will find it difficult to understand what does Nohonking mean when he says ‘like-minded people’. A look at our recent Meet would show - ‘age is no bar’. We had me at 40 years, few at mid 30s and then few at just about 20s. It is the common interest and mutual respect which has been the enabler for amazing camaraderie among the group.

Nohonking should be designated the official ‘writer’ for the meets. I am amazed how he has been able to piece together the pictures and some of the quotes.

It was an awesome meet and I know we have many more to come.

I can go on and on. I must stop and save for the next write up from Nohonking.

Last edited by Traveller Nayak : 19th December 2017 at 09:43. Reason: typo
Traveller Nayak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 14:09   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Thank you, Non honking for all the efforts & write up.
====
we will post details of snow drive by last week of January.
Sir please add me in the whatsapp group for upcoming meets. I reside in Rohini area of North West Delhi. My contact no. #8860905464 (Aditya)
Old 13th January 2018, 22:55   #15

Good one guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post

We plan our meet in our group and then post it here. DM me, I will add you that group or you can keep checking meet section, we will post details of snow drive by last week of January.
I too would love to be a part of the upcoming meets!

Most Viewed