Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2019, 00:55   #31
BHPian

Re: Ranthambore - Land of Forts, Hills & Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post
I am driving from Gurgaon to Jaipur on 01 March 2019 and from Jaipur to Ranthambore on 02 March 2019 for a weekend getaway. Any information on the latest condition of roads considering I am planning to take my Abarth Punto instead of Brezza? Thanks.
Roads are okay - no issues.
Old 22nd February 2019, 00:57   #32
BHPian

Awesome pics and what a great luck in sightings!!!

BTW - which zone did you get to see the desert fox? I did not know that you had foxes in RTR
Old 1st March 2019, 19:10   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri View Post
Awesome pics and what a great luck in sightings!!!

BTW - which zone did you get to see the desert fox? I did not know that you had foxes in RTR
Thank you for liking the travelogue & images. We had done 1 safari in Jhalana on our way back from RTR. The desert fox sighting was in Jhalana not RTR. Thats why I gave the caption for that image stating Desert fox sighting during our trip
Old 2nd May 2023, 13:27   #34
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Ranthambore - Advice needed

Hello BHPians,

I am planning for Ranthambore trip for 3 days (Including to and fro journey) from Bangalore. Please advice how can I plan the trip from Bangalore.

Below are my queries please.

1) Jaipur or Delhi?
2) Cabs from Jaipur - How costly are they and how to book them?
3) Reliable cab services which you have already used.
4) Stay in Ranthambore at a medium budget of 3K per night.

Thank you in advance.
Old 2nd May 2023, 14:47   #35
BHPian

Re: Ranthambore - Advice needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish_Diesel View Post
I am planning for Ranthambore trip for 3 days (Including to and fro journey) from Bangalore. Please advice how can I plan the trip from Bangalore. Below are my queries please.

1) Jaipur or Delhi?
2) Cabs from Jaipur - How costly are they and how to book them?
3) Reliable cab services which you have already used.
4) Stay in Ranthambore at a medium budget of 3K per night.
Here are my views on the queries -

1. Jaipur. Roads from Jaipur to Ranthambhore are in excellent condition. Travel time is around 2.5 hrs max. Also, you can do a safari or two in Jhalana Leopard reserve. It's very close to the Jaipur airport & one gets good sightings of Leopards too.

2 & 3. Check with the resort where you are going to stay in Ranthambore. They will have cabs which will be dropping their guests to Jaipur. You can negotiate for a good deal for pickup & drop as you will be staying there too.

4. I would recommend Ranthambhore regency. It's one of the best budget. Should cost anywhere between 3.5 - 4.5k per person (including all meals but excludes cab & safari cost). Second option would be Ranthambhore Tiger Home. It's more like a homestay with very good food & service. Should cost between 2.5 - 3k per person all inclusive but excluding cab & safari charges. In both the places you will get top notch safari experience too. I have done 4 trips to Ranthambhore till date & every time I have stayed in either of these 2 places only. You will find a short review on them in my thread on Ranthambhore in the travelogues section.

Last but not the least, try to extend your trip by another day including your to & fro travel from Bangalore. You will then be able to do a minimum of 4-5 safaris, which will be like doing justice sighting wise.

Last edited by Torque123 : 2nd May 2023 at 14:55.
Torque123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 10:50   #36
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Here are my views on the queries -

1. Jaipur. Roads from Jaipur to Ranthambhore are in excellent condition. Travel time is around 2.5 hrs max. Also, you can do a safari or two in Jhalana Leopard reserve. It's very close to the Jaipur airport & one gets good sightings of Leopards too.

2 & 3. Check with the resort where you are going to stay in Ranthambore. They will have cabs which will be dropping their guests to Jaipur. You can negotiate for a good deal for pickup & drop as you will be staying there too.

4. I would recommend Ranthambhore regency. It's one of the best budget. Should cost anywhere between 3.5 - 4.5k per person (including all meals but excludes cab & safari cost). Second option would be Ranthambhore Tiger Home. It's more like a homestay with very good food & service. Should cost between 2.5 - 3k per person all inclusive but excluding cab & safari charges. In both the places you will get top notch safari experience too. I have done 4 trips to Ranthambhore till date & every time I have stayed in either of these 2 places only. You will find a short review on them in my thread on Ranthambhore in the travelogues section.

Last but not the least, try to extend your trip by another day including your to & fro travel from Bangalore. You will then be able to do a minimum of 4-5 safaris, which will be like doing justice sighting wise.
Many thanks Torque123 for the detailed information. I have just gone through your travelogues and got to know many new things about Ranthambore for example Full day Safari etc.
Krish_Diesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 11:48   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish_Diesel View Post
I have just gone through your travelogues and got to know many new things about Ranthambore for example Full day Safari etc.
Full day & half day safaris have been stopped since the beginning of Oct'22. Can't imagine doing Ranthambhore without full day safaris. Hence have not visited Ranthambhore this season. Hope they bring it back next season.
Old 4th May 2023, 10:48   #38
BHPian

I am planning a road trip from Delhi to Ranthambore this weekend. Hope it isn't too hot there.

I plan to take the DME till Lalsot, then ordinary highway (NH24/NH1) till Sawai Madhopur. This is the best route I suppose?

I expect I'll be on the DME for 200 kms, and on NH24/NH1 for 65 kms.

How is the road from Lalsot to Sawai Madhopur? I believe it is 2-laned?

And how is the DME? Rest stops and fuel stops are available?

Any travel tips welcome.
Old 4th May 2023, 21:05   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
I plan to take the DME till Lalsot, then ordinary highway (NH24/NH1) till Sawai Madhopur. This is the best route I suppose?

I expect I'll be on the DME for 200 kms, and on NH24/NH1 for 65 kms. How is the road from Lalsot to Sawai Madhopur? I believe it is 2-laned? And how is the DME? Rest stops and fuel stops are available? Any travel tips welcome.
I am from Bangalore & have always taken a flight to Jaipur & then a cab to Ranthambhore. Not sure on how the routes are from Delhi to Ranthambhore . May be some members from Jaipur or Delhi might be able to give you clarity.
Old 23rd March 2024, 23:06   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Full day & half day safaris have been stopped since the beginning of Oct'22. Can't imagine doing Ranthambhore without full day safaris. Hence have not visited Ranthambhore this season. Hope they bring it back next season.
Seeking help from a seasoned Ranthambore Tourist I have booked 5 Safari's this April (11th to 14th) out of which 4 are confirmed and one is waitlisted (WL 1-3) Wanted to know what is the process? If this does not get confirmed then do I get a refund? (I don't mind being moved from WL to RAC and go standing in the Canter )
Old 24th March 2024, 10:30   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Seeking help from a seasoned Ranthambore Tourist I have booked 5 Safari's this April (11th to 14th) out of which 4 are confirmed and one is waitlisted (WL 1-3) Wanted to know what is the process? If this does not get confirmed then do I get a refund? (I don't mind being moved from WL to RAC and go standing in the Canter )
You will get a refund if the waitlisted booking does not get confirmed. As the waiting list number is 1-3, it should get confirmed if the booking is for zone 6-10. Anyways, all the best for your trip. Zone 3 & 4 are rocking right now because of Riddhi & family.
Old 24th March 2024, 11:18   #42
BHPian

Quote:
You will get a refund if the waitlisted booking does not get confirmed. As the waiting list number is 1-3, it should get confirmed if the booking is for zone 6-10. Anyways, all the best for your trip. Zone 3 & 4 are rocking right now because of Riddhi & family.
The waitlist is for Zone 3 which apparently is the best of all Zones (as per my preliminary reading) I have kept one evening free, if the waitlist does not get confirmed then would try to book one on that evening.
VWAllstar is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks