Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2018, 09:28   #16
BHPian

Re: Tigress in the morning - Kabini

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post

Wonderful news. Many congratulations. Looking forward to many such awesome snaps from you
Thanks, srvm. I'm always looking forward to taking more pictures, awesome or otherwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
Congrats on the achievement
Your pics are amazing.
Thanks, Thermodynamics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
Your photographs are simply awesome, the Tiger is an animal which can be admired anyway, sleeping, walking, yawning etc. The sheer strength comes thru all the time. I have habit of visiting the local zoo to admire the Tiger and Lion, as that’s the only way I can see it. I envy your past time. All the best.
Thanks, sparky. I fully agree that the big cats are worth admiring wherever, whenever and whatever. If my photos bring you a little bit of joy and a little bit of the sense of having visited the place, then I'm very very happy.
Old 4th January 2018, 16:58   #17
BHPian

Wonderful pictures - specially the one with the big yawn! Looking forward to more pictures on your future trips as well! You seem to dash off to JLR Kabini quite often - do you stay in the resort everytime? I find it prohibitively expensive and they do not have accommodation for individuals with the safari included. (tariff is always shown for twin accommodation). Last time I went, we got clubbed in a safari vehicle with middle aged ladies (who were probably on an all ladies' weekend trip) who didn't care two hoots about the safari and were only interested in gossiping (probably about other women who missed the trip!) all the time!!! It was a very frustrating (and expensive) experience for me.

Last edited by vsathyap : 4th January 2018 at 17:03.
vsathyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 20:56   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
You seem to dash off to JLR Kabini quite often - do you stay in the resort everytime?
Thanks, vsathyap. I hope to take many more such photos too

Yes, I stay at JLR every time for the simple reason that if you don't, you will only be allotted a canter for the safari. Only those who stay at JLR can get the smaller vehicles which are much more conducive for photography. That's their policy. Secondly, I usually go with photography groups so we are about 8 to 10 people and get our own vans. This ensures that everyone in the van is as excited about the safari and photography, thereby adding to the overall experience.

I can fully understand about the middle aged ladies who weren't bothered about the safari itself. I have experienced it too and it is not pleasant. Even worse when you have small kids who want to know when it is going to be over and they can get back to the resort. They keep asking that every five minutes! Don't know why their parents insist on dragging them to places they have no interest in
Stryker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 16:35   #19
BHPian

Beautiful pics and interesting narration Stryker. Have been following your Kabini threads. Love that sleepy jackal pic. If it is Ok please drop me a PM next time you guys go together. Would love to join and experience the jungle with like minded crowd.

Last edited by ssateesh : 5th January 2018 at 16:37.
ssateesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 16:43   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateesh View Post
If it is Ok please drop me a PM next time you guys go together. Would love to join and experience the jungle with like minded crowd.
Thanks, ssateesh. I usually go with a group like Toehold. They conduct quite a few tours to Kabini and many other places. So you can always contact them for your needs.
Old 15th March 2018, 18:57   #21
BHPian

Loved the travelogue.

Could I join you or someone else who's heading to Bandipur/Nagarahole/Kabini? I'll be going for the first time, so would prefer to accompany someone experienced in these trips to get the right experience. I understand sighting is pure luck, but experience would help with other things. I see quite a few TBHPians posting on their trips to these places, so hoping I can find some company.

Please PM me. TIA.
Old 18th March 2018, 17:44   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
Loved the travelogue.
Thanks, prashkul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
Could I join you or someone else who's heading to Bandipur/Nagarahole/Kabini? I'll be going for the first time, so would prefer to accompany someone experienced in these trips to get the right experience. I understand sighting is pure luck, but experience would help with other things. I see quite a few TBHPians posting on their trips to these places, so hoping I can find some company.
I keep saying this, but for someone who wants to enjoy the forest with like minded people and with those who have experience, your best bet will be a group like Toehold or Darter or Birdwing or Sudhir Shivaram. It is their job and they conduct so many tours to places like Kabini, I'm sure you will find a date with some group that suits you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks