Team-BHP - Julley! This season, mountains & lakes coloured us blue in Leh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Julley! This season, mountains & lakes coloured us blue in Leh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/193655-julley-season-mountains-lakes-coloured-us-blue-leh-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kshivaa (Post 4332106)
A great snap-story, surely makes one start to Leh immediately.
Wonderful pictures - great captures I should say!
And thanks for the information and tips.. hopefully should write a similar one this year or next.

Hey thank you.. Glad you liked it. Let me kniw if any further information is needed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by satan (Post 4332128)
Indeed that entire region starting from Dalhousie, Sach Pass, Leh, Nubra and the Lakes is highly addictive. Once you've been there all other destinations (Indian and Foreign) seem very tame and docile. Every new blog on this section of J&K and north western Himachal never ceases to provoke emotions and creates that longing of getting back there.

If you honestly were one with the mountains then they will definitely pull you back.

So true. Only thing is tourists need to be bit more responsible.

Dear CP,

It was a wonderful travelogue! clap:

Story telling was very precise & beautiful!

Snaps taken were amazing, I believe your way of looking at things, your photography skills, the camera quality at our beloved Kashmir brought the magic to us!

Wish you many more such trips, and thank you for sharing! :thumbs up

Superb pics, especially of the Dal lake !

I have never visited J&K before, but it is definitely on my bucket list. This TL made me seriously consider a J&K trip in 2018.

Since you took a flight to Srinagar, had you factored the risk of not enough acclimatization for a Leh trip ? You have mentioned drinking lots of water. Any other precautions / preparations that you did prior will be helpful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbishwa (Post 4332483)
Dear CP,

It was a wonderful travelogue! clap:

Story telling was very precise & beautiful!

Snaps taken were amazing, I believe your way of looking at things, your photography skills, the camera quality at our beloved Kashmir brought the magic to us!

Wish you many more such trips, and thank you for sharing! :thumbs up

Thanks a ton mate! Glad you liked it. Thank you for your kind words.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddy3008 (Post 4332520)
Superb pics, especially of the Dal lake !

I have never visited J&K before, but it is definitely on my bucket list. This TL made me seriously consider a J&K trip in 2018.

Since you took a flight to Srinagar, had you factored the risk of not enough acclimatization for a Leh trip ? You have mentioned drinking lots of water. Any other precautions / preparations that you did prior will be helpful.

First of all, thanks a bunch for your appreciation! Means a lot to me.
Regarding acclimatization, you need to take care from Srinagar onwards not before that(Except special cases of course, for which better to consult a doctor). It can be easily done if you fly down directly at Leh as well. But I would strongly recommend, travel through the one of most scenic highways of our country my friend. This is lifetime experience. Additional Tips :

1) Go slow, just enjoy. Dont hurry for things or particular shot.They are not going anywhere! Take your time to settle down & enjoy the calm and slow life of mountains. It will help you to keep your oxygen level controlled.

2) Don't take junk food/fried food too much, especially on the day when you have long time to spend on wheels. Junk/fried food requires more oxygen to digest. Hence chance of lack of oxygen is high. Also it may result in stomach upset, which is the last thing one would like to have on a trip like this.

3) Use layers of jackets. In Ladakh, Sometimes it's too hot to handle the sun rays. Layers will help you to maintain the balance.

4) Drink packaged drinking water & take all trash bottles to your hometown/city. Our city has much better facility to process those trash than Leh-Ladakh. Please help to maintain the beauty of this heaven!

If any further help is required pl comment