Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2018, 21:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: A solo backpacker's guide to Cambodia

Nice travelogue! I did a solo trip to Cambodia too but flew to Phnom Penh and then took bus to Siem Reap and back and then flew out. Was an amazing experience. Great food, great people and wonderful architecture. Angkor Wat is truly a spectacular feat of engineering!

I have a travelogue too - still in draft for years!
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 12:49   #17
BHPian

Excellent and wonderful travelogue and it comes at the right time . I would be planning Cambodia and Vietnam in this year, preferably in the off season time (just post monsoons). Can you please share details about your air travel? Particularly detailed costs, airlines, timings etc? Thanks!
Dodge_Viper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 22:38   #18

I'm currently in currently in Cambodia for work reasons and placed at Phnom Penh. I agree with your views, its a fascinating country with very polite and humble people but too attracted to the west and try to be like them.Its a dumping ground for US manufactured vehicles, almost all of them are used ones. Yet to visit Siam Reap and Sihanoukville but did visit the killing fields in Choeung Ek and god that was one emotionally draining and overwhelming experience..Don't want to hijack your post but if you consent can post pictures from there.
Bulls14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 12:45   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneeraj View Post
Well written. And something that will sure help people looking for a solo trip like this.
It would have been really helpful if you had added links to the places you suggest should be visited.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will add links and maps of the places in future travelogues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Excellent and wonderful travelogue and it comes at the right time . I would be planning Cambodia and Vietnam in this year, preferably in the off season time (just post monsoons). Can you please share details about your air travel? Particularly detailed costs, airlines, timings etc? Thanks!
Thanks for the appreciation.
On ward travel to Siem Reap

Mumbai to Siem Reap:
Flight XT853 : BOM to KUL [2250h to 0630h (+1) ]
Flight AK540 : KUL to REP [1310h to 1415h]

Total Cost: Approx 15000 INR

Return travel from Phnon Penh to Mumbai

Flight PG 932 : PNH to BKK [1100h to 1210h]
Flight 9W69: BKK to BOM[1500h to 1805h]

Total Cost: Approx 18000 INR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls14 View Post
I agree with your views, its a fascinating country with very polite and humble people but too attracted to the west and try to be like them.Its a dumping ground for US manufactured vehicles, almost all of them are used ones. Yet to visit Siam Reap and Sihanoukville but did visit the killing fields in Choeung Ek and god that was one emotionally draining and overwhelming experience..Don't want to hijack your post but if you consent can post pictures from there.
I saw few showrooms of Ford selling new cars.

Sure you can post pictures. The more info people get on this forum, it will be better for all.
rst89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2018, 12:26   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls14 View Post
I'm currently in currently in Cambodia for work reasons and placed at Phnom Penh.
I would be in Phnom Penh for work reason from Feb 3rd for a month. I would be great to catch up with you!
I had some questions in general:
1) Did you get any vaccination before arriving in Cambodia?
2) I got to know Cambodia accepts USD in general. Do we need any Cambodian riels or can survive only with USD?
Old 26th January 2018, 14:19   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
I would be in Phnom Penh for work reason from Feb 3rd for a month. I would be great to catch up with you!
I had some questions in general:
1) Did you get any vaccination before arriving in Cambodia?
2) I got to know Cambodia accepts USD in general. Do we need any Cambodian riels or can survive only with USD?
Answer one: No vaccination is required. If you have visited any country where Yellow fever vaccination is required, do carry the proof as the immigration official may ask the same if he sees the stamp on your passport.

Answer Two: You can survive with USD.

Have a nice stay in Phnon Penh.
rst89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2018, 17:22   #22
BHPian

Thanks for sharing this wonderful travelogue on Cambodia. Solo Backpacking has its own charm and you have vividly displayed the same through your words and pictures. Keep travelling and keep writing!

Best,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks