Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2018, 22:36   #1
BHPian

Cycling on a Sunday morning! Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Hyderabad

Got very confused where to park my write-up. So keeping it under travelogue section. Mods please shift it to appropriate thread if required.

Where: Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Opposite Botanical Garden, Kondapur, Hyderabad.
What is Pala-Pitta?: So far as I know, Pala-Pitta is the state bird of Tealangana & Andhra Pradesh as well. Beautiful bird, google it for yourself.
Why: To get some fresh air, morning breeze!
Timing: Weekend- Morning 6 to 12 & afternoon 3 to 6 PM.
Weekdays- Morning 6 to 10 & afternoon 4 to 6 PM.
Pricing: For adult it’s Rs 50 (One visit, hourly) & monthly Rs 800 if you want cycle on rent along with the park. But If you own a cycle, then Rs 25(hourly) & Rs 400 respectively for one visit & monthly. Please see an image below for more details. (though “hourly” not mentioned but the tariff is on hourly basis)
Payment: Cash/Paytm.
Parking: 2 wheeler parking is just in front of the main gate. 4 wheels can park their vehicles just few meters before the entrance gate, if coming from Kondapur. Below is the picture for your ready reference.

Cycling on a Sunday morning! Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Hyderabad-untitled.png

Safety gear etc.:
i) Helmets are available there, you can pick for yourself. Neither they will insist for helmet nor they will give it to you (as usual casual approach for safety). You need to collect for yourself.
ii) Basic first aid kit is available at the counter.
iii) No bottle holder in the cycles on rent. However you can take your own water bottle to keep it in the payment counter to have a sip at hour convenience.
iv) Toilet facility is available.
v) No eateries are available till date for breakfast or evening snacks.

“Hey there’s a cycling park near botanical garden, should we try on tomorrow morning?" – My wife told yesterday evening. Cycling or any sort of sport activity is always my cup of tea. Also I can have a small morning car ride to reach the place . So agreed & plan is all set.

Woke up around 6 in the morning to reach the place at least by 7 O’clock. And we took the Gachibowli-Miyapur road. At the botanical garden crossing took the right turn and few meters drive, we found the parking area on the opposite side of the road (opposite to botanical garden main gate). Parked the car & took a walk to reach the place (barely 50-100 meters).

As I mentioned, two wheeler can park just in front of the main gate. But 4 wheels please find the parking area just few meters away. Your car will be safe so as our road! Please don’t park your car just like that. Just because its not mentioned where the parking is, does not mean one can park like this. It’s a common sense! Don’t know what gatekeeper or security was up to when these cars were parked here!!

Cycling on a Sunday morning! Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Hyderabad-1.jpg

Cycling on a Sunday morning! Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Hyderabad-r.jpg

Cycling on a Sunday morning! Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Hyderabad-23.jpg

Tariff, Timings, contacts:-

Cycling on a Sunday morning! Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Hyderabad-2.jpg

Take left just after entrance to find cash counter & car shed, people sitting with laptop are collecting fees. No need to fill up any form. After payment, proceed straight to the cycle shed. Choose the cycle & helmet at your choice, show the ticket to the person in charge of the shed while taking out cycle.

Cycling on a Sunday morning! Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Hyderabad-3.jpg

Cycling on a Sunday morning! Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Hyderabad-4.jpg

Cycle shed:-

Cycling on a Sunday morning! Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Hyderabad-5.jpg

Helmet to collect from here:

Cycling on a Sunday morning! Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Hyderabad-6.jpg

My wife was taking a sip from the water bottle while I took a snap of Our ride!

Cycling on a Sunday morning! Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Hyderabad-7.jpg

Take only left after coming out from the counter:-

Cycling on a Sunday morning! Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Hyderabad-8.jpg

because most of the track is "one way". Notice many of the visitors are cycling without helmet.

Cycling on a Sunday morning! Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Hyderabad-8-2.jpg

Please follow these basic rules:-

Cycling on a Sunday morning! Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Hyderabad-9.jpg

This rule is applicable on road as well:-

Cycling on a Sunday morning! Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Hyderabad-10.jpg

It has some twist & turns to push into those corners.

Cycling on a Sunday morning! Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Hyderabad-12.jpg

Cycling on a Sunday morning! Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Hyderabad-14.jpg

Cycling on a Sunday morning! Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Hyderabad-15.jpg

It has got water body, which is bliss on a morning ride, notice the water body on the right side:-

Cycling on a Sunday morning! Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Hyderabad-16.jpg

Me & my wife while taking a photo-shoot break!

Cycling on a Sunday morning! Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Hyderabad-me.jpeg

Cycling on a Sunday morning! Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Hyderabad-wife.jpeg

Now enjoy some random shots of the cycle park. Please park the cycle on the left side to take snaps & yes better not to take if the track is crowded, its better if you take those photos while its relatively free.

Cycling on a Sunday morning! Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Hyderabad-random-1.jpeg

Cycling on a Sunday morning! Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Hyderabad-random-2.jpeg

Cycling on a Sunday morning! Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Hyderabad-random-3.jpeg

Cycling on a Sunday morning! Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Hyderabad-random-4.jpeg

Our Sunday early morning was sorted, we had a great time & planning to visit this place once again.

Signing off!!
cp171185 is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 12:40   #2
BHPian

re: Cycling on a Sunday morning! Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Hyderabad

Hey that is a very novel concept to get people motivated into cycling and a safe enviroment to do so without any traffic. Hope they replicate the same in other cities. Really liked the idea , where else can we do this under safety.Thanks for sharing now am sure many would follow your idea.
Old 8th January 2018, 15:43   #3
BHPian

Re: Cycling on a Sunday morning! Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by majumon View Post
Hey that is a very novel concept to get people motivated into cycling and a safe enviroment to do so without any traffic. Hope they replicate the same in other cities. Really liked the idea , where else can we do this under safety.Thanks for sharing now am sure many would follow your idea.
hey thanks for your kind words. But did not get, what idea you are referring to And yes I also liked the idea as I heard this place was dump yard earlier. So huge change surely.

Last edited by cp171185 : 8th January 2018 at 15:44. Reason: Mistakenly posted before writing the full text.
Old 9th January 2018, 14:56   #4
Team-BHP Support

Very good concept indeed - enjoy some greenery and get around having fun without polluting the air. There are no motorised vehicles around, so you are safer too. Just those pictures make me feel like getting on my mountain bike and hitting a trail!

The park seems nicely organised and well maintained. Just one thing - they should insist on visitors wearing helmets. Hope this concept reaches other cities.

Here in Mumbai, if we want to ride through any sort of greenery, we have to ride all the way to Goregaon or Borivali.
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 15:05   #5
BHPian

Very good initiative. Pollution and traffic are the two things which stops us doing cycling in the city. Places like this will definitely encourage to do cycling for a healthy life style.
r_devakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 16:35   #6
BHPian

hi cp171185,

It is good concept as track is already made. But when it rains turning it into slushy path.
Does the cycling track touch the back side of TCS synergy park?
There are lot of peacocks in the park.
rst89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 20:16   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rst89 View Post
hi cp171185,

But when it rains turning it into slushy path.
Does the cycling track touch the back side of TCS synergy park? .
Yes, the track will be slushy once in rainy season. That's a concern.
And this park is opposite direction of synergy park with respect to Botanical garden. Its on the Botanical garden road not near to old mumbai highway. You can just Google "pala pitta cycle track"

Any further info if required pl let me know.

Cheerio!
Old 10th January 2018, 11:05   #8
BHPian

Awfully kind of you to put up this write-up! I stay within a stone's throw of CHIREC on the Botanical Gardens road and have often seen this place while driving to work. I've long been mulling the idea of cycling as an exercise, now that badminton is a no-no given my lower back ailment. I'm checking the place out this weekend!

Again, thank you!
arnieshwartz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks