Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2018, 01:02   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: Hyderabad to Arunachal, Assam & Meghalaya in a Duster AWD

Whoa what a travelogue! 18 days of travel, in one go, is like a dream come true. Superb pictures accompanying crisp writing, thanks a lot for sharing. Rated 5 stars.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 11:38   #17
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Arunachal, Assam & Meghalaya in a Duster AWD

ARAY,

You nailed it! Mesmerizing pictures and write-up... Had to finish it in one go!

I've to say mate apart from you (Bong) & your Duster (Bong-Duster), your family deserves a 5 star! Kudos to them too.

NL, MN, MZ & TR remains. I give you international permit, plan to drive to our neighboring nations!

Cheers,
Surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 12:05   #18
BHPian

Wooah!! That's a freaking awesome write-up & excellent pictures. These kind of travelogues make me think about the purpose of living.. is it to drive & see the world (or at least our beautiful country) or to do office job for the entire "life" ?!

Thank you! And Kudos to you, your lovely Bong duster & your family including the little kid who were part of this epic journey!

Last edited by cp171185 : 15th January 2018 at 12:07. Reason: Correction
cp171185 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 13:12   #19
BHPian

Great narration and beautiful pictures. Plan to drive to Tawang and the NE states probably next year end in my Duster AWD.

Did you have to change the air filter during the trip? And did the engine warning lights come on at any time? Any other issues related to the vehicle?
SajiNSalin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 14:07   #20
BHPian

Wow Aritra !! I am speechless !!

Fantastic travelogue. The pictures as expected from you are superb. The amount of details that you have provided is great. I liked the GPX playback. Will take a class from you on how to take those.

This is the go to travelogue for anyone traveling to Arunachal.

And finally HULK & Bong Duster met.

Rated 5 Stars.

Regards,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 14:28   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy3008 View Post
Wow !! Thats quite a journey you have done. Great clicks and wonderful narration. I will definitely bookmark this thread for future reference.

A quick calculation of the fuel efficiency says you got about 10.5 kmpl for this trip. Is this mileage normal for your Duster ?
Thanks for your kind words.
If this is what your calculations say, I am very happy to have got anywhere close to 10.
It was a mix of flat lands and hills so I would not be able to share an absolute number. There is a real time mileage indicator in the dash which goes down till 8.7 kmpl in city. But on the hills I have seen it go as low as 3.7 kmpl but we all know how accurate things are in the Dash region. Last year for the sikkim trip, I think I got somewhat similar.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...uster-awd.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Stunning!!

This is by far your best travelogue penned down in Team Bhp. Excellent narration and terrific photographs. Rated 5*.

Now how many states in India are left by your Bong Duster to cover?
Keep travelling and keep sharing the travelogues with us.
Thanks a lot Samba. You got me "addicted to Highways" in your Alto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
Thank you very much for putting up such a beautiful travelogue! A road trip spanning eighteen days is simply an epic drive, to say the least. Keep travelling and keep revving!

Cheers,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Whoa what a travelogue! 18 days of travel, in one go, is like a dream come true. Superb pictures accompanying crisp writing, thanks a lot for sharing. Rated 5 stars.
Thanks Sumitroda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
ARAY,

You nailed it! Mesmerizing pictures and write-up... Had to finish it in one go!

I've to say mate apart from you (Bong) & your Duster (Bong-Duster), your family deserves a 5 star! Kudos to them too.

NL, MN, MZ & TR remains. I give you international permit, plan to drive to our neighboring nations!

Cheers,
Surjaonwheelz
Thanks Surya for those lovely comments. Yes, my family is the support system and they enjoy every bit of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp171185 View Post
Wooah!! That's a freaking awesome write-up & excellent pictures. These kind of travelogues make me think about the purpose of living.. is it to drive & see the world (or at least our beautiful country) or to do office job for the entire "life" ?!

Thank you! And Kudos to you, your lovely Bong duster & your family including the little kid who were part of this epic journey!
Thanks mate, yes kiddo loved every bit of the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
Great narration and beautiful pictures. Plan to drive to Tawang and the NE states probably next year end in my Duster AWD.

Did you have to change the air filter during the trip? And did the engine warning lights come on at any time? Any other issues related to the vehicle?
Did you have to change the air filter during the trip? - no
And did the engine warning lights come on at any time? - no
Any other issues related to the vehicle? - no
But I wonder what makes you misconstrue Duster AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Wow Aritra !! I am speechless !!

Fantastic travelogue. The pictures as expected from you are superb. The amount of details that you have provided is great. I liked the GPX playback. Will take a class from you on how to take those.

This is the go to travelogue for anyone traveling to Arunachal.

And finally HULK & Bong Duster met.

Rated 5 Stars.

Regards,

Pawan
It was lovely meeting you PavanDa thanks for your kind words, glad the dusters finally met.
Yes rendering the GPX data in 3D really helps everyone understand the terrain better.

Last edited by ARAY : 15th January 2018 at 14:30.
ARAY is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 14:40   #22
BHPian

Well, ARAY, two years of ownership of a Duster AWD has given me some extraordinary drives and it is a pleasure to drive the vehicle on good and bad roads. But two breakdowns, one involving two failed Diesel injectors and the second a burnt clutch, both occurring before the vehicle was driven less than 40,000 km has made me a bit wary about the vehicle. However, it has performed brilliantly on more than 95% of the drives, and expectations are high for the vehicle, so when there are some let downs, it is very distressing. Hence the reason for the question about engine warning lights. I understand it is good to change the air filter after driving on dusty roads for some time.
Wish you many thousands of km of very interesting driving in the future.
SajiNSalin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 15:00   #23
BHPian

ARAY - Great travelogue! You sir are en endurance driver

Also, saw in one of the pics that you have your phone attached just below the rear view mirror using some kind of device. May I know what it is and where to buy it?
catchjyoti is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 19:01   #24
SRT
BHPian

Fantastic review. I have finished it in a stretch. Nice photos too.This is a travelogue plus tourist guideline.

what about the actual condition of Asian Highway connecting to Thailand after Kolkata?
SRT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 20:08   #25
BHPian

I have never seen such sunny photos of Arunachal!
Thats a mammoth travelogue complemented with super photos and content.
I have seen your other travelogues and you seem to excel all the time. You seem to really justify the decision of buying a Duster and taking it to places where it deserves.

Not sure whether I saw its mentioned - How long did it take - Kol to Siliguri?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
Day -2 (Kolkata -Siliguri)
The highlight of this route was the Farakka barrage. Luck/Prayers/Timing, nothing can save you from getting stuck in the jam. It’s only your driving skills that can save you some time.
Cheers,
Sayak
sayakc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 12:49   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjyoti View Post
ARAY - Great travelogue! You sir are en endurance driver

Also, saw in one of the pics that you have your phone attached just below the rear view mirror using some kind of device. May I know what it is and where to buy it?
Thank you good Sir.
It's a frankenstein mount, the lower portion is from Sjcam mount and the upper part is a mobile phone holder with the 1/4" screw. I had to make the height of the device as low as possible so that it does not block the vision. I bought a widescreen( 18:9) phone (Micromax Canvas Infinity) with Android Oreo so that I could split screen and view more than one app at a time. Google map being constant.

https://www.amazon.in/Action-Pro-Session-Sj5000X-Accessories/dp/B076Y37RKY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1516086462&sr=8-4&keywords=gopro+mount

https://www.amazon.in/Aeoss-Camera-Bracket-Monopod-Adapter/dp/B00V84XK8Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1516086351&sr=8-3&keywords=mobile+phone+mount

Hyderabad to Arunachal, Assam & Meghalaya in a Duster AWD-img_20171129_094637.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
Fantastic review. I have finished it in a stretch. Nice photos too.This is a travelogue plus tourist guideline.

what about the actual condition of Asian Highway connecting to Thailand after Kolkata?
Thanks for going through.
As far as I heard in the region the road conditions further east has improved and takes less time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
I have never seen such sunny photos of Arunachal!
Thats a mammoth travelogue complemented with super photos and content.
I have seen your other travelogues and you seem to excel all the time. You seem to really justify the decision of buying a Duster and taking it to places where it deserves.

Not sure whether I saw its mentioned - How long did it take - Kol to Siliguri?

Cheers,
Sayak
How long did it take - Kol to Siliguri? - 16 hours

Last edited by ARAY : 16th January 2018 at 13:09.
ARAY is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2018, 12:04   #27
BHPian

Very well written travelogue interspersed with mesmerizing pictures !!!

I have already planned for travel to this heavenly place few months from now. And your travelogue reinforces the fact that i made the right decision.

Did anyone from your family experienced discomfiture due to mountain sickness. Is it really necessary to take an oxygen cylinder along? I understand that the only places where you might be susceptible is the Sela and Bumla Pass.
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2018, 14:55   #28
BHPian

Great TL ARAY. I loved the narration, the pictures, the conversations you added and the short background of the places that you visited. The GPX play backs are very interesting to watch, which device did you use? I have not been to this part of India and this will definitely help me plan out in the future. The descriptions and details are just excellent.

Thanks for sharing.
navsjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2018, 11:43   #29
BHPian

Hi ARAY,

What a fantastic travelogue! And not only is it just a travelogue but it is now essentially go-to-guide if anyone is planning a road trip to that region!

After successfully making my family road-converts on a 7-day road trip (Pune-Cochin-Trivandrum-Kanyakumari) during the Dec holidays, I was looking for raising the bar and your blog couldn't have come at a better time.

Thanks once again for a totally entertaining and equally informative travelogue.

Wish you many more successful trips! Keep them coming 'BRO'

Thanks,
Ashwin
Ashwin Morey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2018, 19:32   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Very well written travelogue interspersed with mesmerizing pictures !!!

I have already planned for travel to this heavenly place few months from now. And your travelogue reinforces the fact that i made the right decision.

Did anyone from your family experienced discomfiture due to mountain sickness. Is it really necessary to take an oxygen cylinder along? I understand that the only places where you might be susceptible is the Sela and Bumla Pass.
Thanks a lot.
Is it really necessary to take an oxygen cylinder along? - They are the size of a normal Deodorant bottle. Has 93-95% pure oxygen and can be used 60-80 times. I would say there is no harm in carrying one.
This is the one we carried: http://revoltoxygen.com/product/revo...al-pack3-cans/

Quote:
Originally Posted by navsjab View Post
Great TL ARAY. I loved the narration, the pictures, the conversations you added and the short background of the places that you visited. The GPX play backs are very interesting to watch, which device did you use? I have not been to this part of India and this will definitely help me plan out in the future. The descriptions and details are just excellent.

Thanks for sharing.
Appreciate the kind words.
The GPX play backs are very interesting to watch, which device did you use? - A micromax phone that was collecting GPX data + showing google maps. Image in the post above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwin Morey View Post
Hi ARAY,

What a fantastic travelogue! And not only is it just a travelogue but it is now essentially go-to-guide if anyone is planning a road trip to that region!

After successfully making my family road-converts on a 7-day road trip (Pune-Cochin-Trivandrum-Kanyakumari) during the Dec holidays, I was looking for raising the bar and your blog couldn't have come at a better time.

Thanks once again for a totally entertaining and equally informative travelogue.

Wish you many more successful trips! Keep them coming 'BRO'

Thanks,
Ashwin
Thanks Bro.
North East it vastly unexplored, this is my second trip exploring the terrain. Its going to take some more.
This is the Sikkim Trip last year, I assume this could also be of some help : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...uster-awd.html

Last edited by ARAY : 18th January 2018 at 19:34.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks