Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2018, 13:24   #16
BHPian

Re: Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve : Just another quick travelogue

SS-Traveller, that's an awesome trip and sighting of wildlife and especially of the mighty and beautiful beast-the tiger. I love the way you have shot/framed the pictures, truly the tiger's stripes provide such an amazing camouflage, your pictures and the way the color is captured of the beast and the surroundings (the road, the dry grass). It's so exciting to read these safari travelogue where you can relate to the books that I read written by the renowned hunters and conversationalists Sir. Jim Corbett and Kenneth Anderson, it helps to add pictures to my imagination with respect to the the books. Cheers!
anup.bronco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 09:12   #17
BHPian

Wonderful SS Da. Your have been super lucky as far as the sightings go. I am sure getting face to face with such a royal animal is an experience on its own. The narration took us for a safari with you !!

Rated 5*

Regards,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 11:18   #18
BHPian

Great travelogue.

I have also been there on 26-27-28 Jan and am in the process of putting up the logs.

Last edited by GTO : 4th February 2018 at 09:20. Reason: Language
chetans is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 30th January 2018, 14:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
The drivers and guides in the buffer zones are not as skilled, trained or experienced as their counterparts working in the core areas. The driver kept stalling the vehicle, and the guide did not have much clue about the flora and fauna of the area - for example, the guide could not tell the name of this bird...

Nice travelogue. The bird here is an Open-billed Stork (Anastomus oscitans).
discoverwild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 15:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

We a group of 6 couples are planning a trip to Tadoba around 10th March. Is it a good time to spot tigers then? Are there any tips on which areas/zones in the forest get the best sightings? We would be staying at Limban close to Kutwanda gate.
Old 6th February 2018, 16:09   #21
BHPian

Wonderful!!! Just wonderful!!! I actually had goose bumps reading the last one where driver reversed the gypsy for the tiger to be on the road.
Had a similar experience at Kanha 2 years back where the tiger slept for almost 15 mins right in the middle of the path. Amazing to see from so near. And yes, a experienced guide really ups the chances of seeing this majestic animal.
Thanks for reigniting the memories.
Old 6th February 2018, 17:30   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Super lucky Shamindra Da and a fantastic narration with pics and videos. Is it scary to see a tiger so close? I am scared just seeing the pictures. Rated 5 stars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post

That was a question that had come to our minds many times in the past, including on this trip.
Fantastic narration and awesome pictures. Even I had the same question - what goes in the mind when the Tiger you wanted to see so desperately walks alongside raising the possibility of (a rare) attack. I guess the guides would know better and the Tigers would have grown up seeing tourists.

Once again, thanks for awesome pictures and great narration.
Traveller Nayak is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks