Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2018, 11:26   #16
BHPian

Re: Isuzu MU-X goes to Rajasthan : Every picture has a story to tell

Awesomely written. I was in Bikaner and Jaisalmer around the last week of December and had been to the army museum as well. It is very nicely maintained. The person issuing the tickets couldn't believe that I was visiting from Bangalore .
sidzz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 12:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosphere View Post
Didnt know about the "Bullet Baba" story, spooky and interesting.
We have a separate thread on Om Banna Temple: The Bullet Baba in motorbikes section. Have a look.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-temple-2.html
SJM1214 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 22:16   #18
BHPian

Suddenly MU X started to loose traction, the sand below was very loose and i am able to feel it. Tried to keep the momentum but weight of the beast put it down, 4H, 4L nothing works. Help is inevitable, our pilot MM540 shuts down and refuses to start.
- I drive an awd but not with a low range box. Its very difficult to understand a 3D offroad terrain from a 2D image. Curious, would a maxtrax or floor mats under the tyre with lowering psi helped here, at least to gain some initial momentum ?

Her family then adopted the same strategy, as did other local people when the news spread.
Thanks for sharing about this place, definitely needs a trip.

Got a superb hotel at pokhran. - The hotel looks wonderful
Its time for some dune bashing. - Beautiful capture
Had a ball of time bashing these dunes. - Looking at the dust pattern, was the TC turned off during the dune bashing ?
Plan is to reach hyderabad and have hyderabadi biryani for dinner. - I have a fair idea of this deal, have driven non stop from destination just to have Biryani.

Beautifully narrated and some wonderful captures. With capable vehicles these days the word exploration has met a whole new level. Keep travelling and sharing.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 22:21   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
Very well written and the captures by the camera are really superlative. Well deserved 5*
ALTIMAed thanks for your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosphere View Post
Awesome Drbones, fantastic piece of travelogue whether its words or pictures. Didnt know about the "Bullet Baba" story, spooky and interesting. I don't own an Isuzu, but having driven once i felt quite literally its the true go anywhere vehicle. With its solid built and Isuzu engineered diesel heart, it should get more appreciation than what it seems to be getting. Would you be kind enough to write a little bit more about good and bad of your friend MUX. Cheers to the journey of life.
atmosphere here is the link about my MU X.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...automatic.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh.8984 View Post
Sounds interesting. Never heard anything like that.

Wandering in the remote interiors of Rajasthan must be quite an experience. Your beast is a tough vehicle and it lived up to the expectations. Wishing you many more happy journeys ahead and all the best for your all state run (whenever you do it)!
yogesh.8984 rajasthan has a lot to explore, its a vast and beautiful state with lot of hidden gems waiting to be explored. Bullet baba temple is one unique shrine, its indeed a surprise to me. Cant say when will i start my all states drive as of now, keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
Suddenly MU X started to loose traction, the sand below was very loose and i am able to feel it. Tried to keep the momentum but weight of the beast put it down, 4H, 4L nothing works. Help is inevitable, our pilot MM540 shuts down and refuses to start.
- I drive an awd but not with a low range box. Its very difficult to understand a 3D offroad terrain from a 2D image. Curious, would a maxtrax or floor mats under the tyre with lowering psi helped here, at least to gain some initial momentum ?

Her family then adopted the same strategy, as did other local people when the news spread.
Thanks for sharing about this place, definitely needs a trip.

Got a superb hotel at pokhran. - The hotel looks wonderful
Its time for some dune bashing. - Beautiful capture
Had a ball of time bashing these dunes. - Looking at the dust pattern, was the TC turned off during the dune bashing ?
Plan is to reach hyderabad and have hyderabadi biryani for dinner. - I have a fair idea of this deal, have driven non stop from destination just to have Biryani.

Beautifully narrated and some wonderful captures. With capable vehicles these days the word exploration has met a whole new level. Keep travelling and sharing.
Maxtrax would definitely help in such situation, Floor mats are the last option and they too will work, but i did not want to ruin my floor mats. Had used floor mats once when my gypsy got stuck and its out in no time. Once the vehicle bottoms out then there is no point in deflating the tyres.

Yes i switched off the traction control and was in 4H, when 4L is engaged TCS will automatically get switched off.

Hahahaha..... one who tasted hyderabadi biryani at hyderabad will know this feeling for sure and always try to plan accordingly.

MU X is the perfect vehicle to explore this beautiful country. 20k oil change interval is the longest for any SUV in india.

Last edited by noopster : 25th January 2018 at 05:43. Reason: Merged back to back posts
Old 25th January 2018, 00:14   #20
BHPian

Superbly written, boss. Photos are crisp and clear. The photo of the "beautiful temple ghat on the bank of river narmada at nemawar" was too good. It really looked like a portrait. Beautiful temple indeed.

I was trying to count the buckets ( I think it is 52 Nos.) in "the wheel called SAKIA'. The innovations of olden days are just amazing. Never have seen one like that. The bullet baba temple was something new and unheard for me.

"My hearty thanks to this beautiful couple". Food is definitely heavenly when it is made with love and on top of firewood. You all were lucky to have that lunch. How I wish I was there? I always relish the village (country) food. I also prefer small hut hotels whenever I visit Kerala. The food is just great.

"arrow straight roads" - That's a lovely sight and fun to drive on those roads. Vaguely remembering seeing similar kind of roads in english movies.

"Bunker of 1971 indo-pak war" reminds us on the hardships our great soldiers had encountered while fighting enemies, while making us "comfortable". BIG Salute to them.

"RANI KI VAV" The architecture is astonishing. Just thinking on the project plans those people would have made and executed to perfection, can we do something like this today?

Thanks for sharing, I keep making notes of all such travelogues so that one day I could make it to this place.

Last edited by GTO : 26th January 2018 at 09:44. Reason: Spacing
pradeepnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 22:36   #21
BHPian

Friends, watch this space for my future drives with MU X. Planning to make videos of my travel and share it with you people.

Most Viewed