Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2018, 16:12   #16
BHPian

Re: Rann-dezvous at Kutch

Vittal,

Wow! Double WOW!!

I am slightly jealous. I had planned a visit in Dec 2017. Unluckily, I did not get reservations. Then I planned for Jan/Feb overlap week. Unfortunately, my daughter's exams got fixed at that time only!

To an extent, I got 'compensated' and also 'remotivated' after going through your beautiful review.

On the lighter side, I liked your photo praying to Vitthal very much. It is quite poetic.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 21:03   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Vittal,

Wow! Double WOW!!

To an extent, I got 'compensated' and also 'remotivated' after going through your beautiful review.

On the lighter side, I liked your photo praying to Vitthal very much. It is quite poetic.

Girish Mahajan

Thanks GK Mahajan that you liked the travelogue and hope this will be useful for your trip plan. It has been 8 times though do we try to visit Pandharpar and have the darshan of Vittal whenever feasible.
vittal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 17:37   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittal View Post
Brief Summary of the trip – from Bengaluru to Ahmedabad, Kutch and Pandharpur
What a great travelogue! Thank you!

Very adventurous of you guys to cross the LRK without a guide. My friend and I tried that on a bike in Nov 2007. Despite trying to stick to the truck tracks on the ground, we managed to get completely lost! It was all fun and games for a bit, saw a herd of Wild Ass too. Then we began to get worried. Day getting hot, half a tank of petrol, and just two bottles of water. We came across some salt workers and got some guidance, but how do you give or follow directions in a land with no features?! Finally, we spotted a jeep in the horizon, some safari vehicle, and gratefully followed them out of the LRK!

Want to head back to Kutch this year. This time in a car. I'm hoping to avoid the Rann Utsav completely so planning to go in March. Bit extreme wrt the heat I know, but after seeing the White Desert in all it's glory all those years ago, I can't bear the thought of seeing it full with crowds, screaming kids, and selfie-sticks! I'm guessing it will be empty in March.

Had one question, why does everyone go to see the Great Rann only at Dhordo? I'm guessing anywhere along the Rann will be good enough, as long as it's not too close to the border? Dholavira should be good too I guess. Hoping to spend a night there this time. The last time there was no accommodation, so we had to ride back to Bhuj. I hear there is some sort of government tourist resort there now.
Old 30th June 2019, 20:40   #19
BHPian

This is the Travelogue that gave birth to the idea of driving to Rann of kutch, for me. I had read this post as soon as you published it but unfortunately I was not a member then and could not comment.

I plan to make this trip in January or later. I will mostly be taking the same route as you did.

Would you recommend me doing this trip in my Scorpio or my Elantra?

Really loved this post. Looking forward to more such Travelogues
Old 5th November 2021, 11:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone suggest how early should one book the accommodation in the tent city of Rann Utsav?

We are planning for a big road trip for three weeks in Dec from Bangalore-

Blr to Nizamabad to Tadoba Tiger Santuary to Indore to Baroda via Statue of Unity to Ahmedabad to Kutch to Rajkot and cover Saurashtra to Diu to Bhavnagar to Surat to Kolhapur and back.

More or less this route map. It would be great if someone can comment on this route and if you have any suggestions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks