Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2018, 00:25   #16
BHPian

Papabravo - A nice and crisp travelogue on the beautiful North Bengal, one of the best places to relax and unwind. How is the road from Lava to Rishop? When I went there in 2009 by shared car, only 4X4 gypsy's traveled on that route. Rate was INR 900 for round trip from Lava to Rishop and back.
Old 29th March 2018, 12:05   #17
BHPian

Re: A relaxing getaway to the Himalayas in a Duster AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
I visited Sikkim back in 1999. Water rafting in Tista river was amazing. Back in those days, I didn't have a digital camera. Due to that, I don't have many photographs of my Sikkim trip. In fact, I have only one photograph.

Thanks for sharing the detailed Travelogue with amazing photographs. I think now its time to visit Sikkim and seven sisters for me (with a DSLR) to create some memories. I think your travelogue will work as a catalyst in planning my trip to Sikkim.

Thanks, PapaBravo.
Thanks SJM1214. I am sure Sikkim would have been even better in 1999. The picture is lovely and I am sure brings back good memories to you. Let me know when you plan a trip to the East. Will assist you in whatever way I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
A crisp yet detailed travelogue. Rated 5*

Am a fan of the mist covered mountains, specially in this part of the Himalaya's. You have beautifully captured the essence of the place.
Though you didn't like the colors of 'Holi' on Hulk but still your pictures portrayed the festive mood quite nicely.
Thanks a lot Samba. I am a fan of this setting as well. I think I will have start carrying the camera that I have to the trips to get better pictures. Holi colors do portray festive mood indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
Beautiful travelogue. Those Misty roads bring back memories.

Did your trip not extend till Tsango lake ?
Thanks prithm. Not just Tsomgo/Changu, we didn't even enter Sikkim this time. Although we have done the Changu circuit earlier as penned down in this Travelogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
Wonderful travelogue Pawan. Looking forward to see your write up on the Mukutmoni trip. Rating 5 stars.
Thanks Suneel Da. That responsibility has been outsourced to bhpian mi2n or Sayata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_mait View Post
Papabravo - A nice and crisp travelogue on the beautiful North Bengal, one of the best places to relax and unwind. How is the road from Lava to Rishop? When I went there in 2009 by shared car, only 4X4 gypsy's traveled on that route. Rate was INR 900 for round trip from Lava to Rishop and back.
Thanks a lot buddy !! Lava to Rishop is still in Shambles after the upward cut to Rishop. Although 2WD vehicles can go up the route now but multiple belly scrapes in a hatch or sedan are guaranteed. The Boleros also crawl in someparts . For the approach from Reshi side, 4WD would be preferred, since the road has quite steep hairpins.

Cheers,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 13:51   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Thanks prithm. Not just Tsomgo/Changu, we didn't even enter Sikkim this time. Although we have done the Changu circuit earlier as penned down in this Travelogue.
The moment I saw Teesta pics, I thought you followed it along the banks.

One question though, during misty conditions on road, did the stock lamps provide sufficient illumination ?
prithm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 16:08   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
The moment I saw Teesta pics, I thought you followed it along the banks.
We usually do that, but this time we had a different plan.

Quote:
One question though, during misty conditions on road, did the stock lamps provide sufficient illumination ?
My headlights are not exactly stock. I have Osram Night Breaker Unlimited for both high & low beam. They are a huge improvement on the stock lights for sure. I have done many fog trips with these lamps and had no problems as such.

Cheers!!
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 20:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

When your in-laws live in a place like Algarah with so many POIs nearby, reading such travelogues gives a whole new perspective. Loved your travelogue and was good to see that you managed to click a pic of my sasuraal (marked with a doodle in the attached pic) as well, though accidentally.
Attached Thumbnails
A relaxing getaway to the Himalayas in a Duster AWD-1522335722212.jpg  

AdityaDeane is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 13:57   #21
BHPian

Lovely narration with some beautiful pictures PB. I never get tired of visiting this part of the Himalayas myself.

The Nursery is a good discovery and I hope we can visit it sometime soon, the flowers look beautiful.
navsjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 15:56   #22
BHPian

Very nice and short trip, beautiful scenes, the nature up there soothes the nerves a lot, even the pictures do a great job. Nice narration, we are looking forward for more such crisp travelogues.
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 09:15   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
When your in-laws live in a place like Algarah with so many POIs nearby, reading such travelogues gives a whole new perspective. Loved your travelogue and was good to see that you managed to click a pic of my sasuraal (marked with a doodle in the attached pic) as well, though accidentally.
Fantastic AdityaDeane. You are lucky to have your in-laws house in such a beautiful place. I am sure you would have explored all places nearby. Do let us know if we missed some good POIs during this trip. Will plan next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navsjab View Post
Lovely narration with some beautiful pictures PB. I never get tired of visiting this part of the Himalayas myself.

The Nursery is a good discovery and I hope we can visit it sometime soon, the flowers look beautiful.
Thanks Navtej. This part of Himalayas are beautiful for sure. Let us know when you are planning, shall share the exact coordinates to the Nursery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
Very nice and short trip, beautiful scenes, the nature up there soothes the nerves a lot, even the pictures do a great job. Nice narration, we are looking forward for more such crisp travelogues.
Thank you arpanjha for the kind words.

Cheers

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 11:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fantastic AdityaDeane. You are lucky to have your in-laws house in such a beautiful place. I am sure you would have explored all places nearby. Do let us know if we missed some good POIs during this trip. Will plan next time.
Unfortunately, I have only been to Tsomgo Lake, Gangtok, Darjeeling, Mirik, Daelo, Kalimpong, Pedong. Yet to go to Reshi, Rishop, Labha, etc. I just got married 2.5 years ago, and for the past 1.5 years, my wife is doing her graduation, so we do not travel a lot. But once her course is completed, we do intend to go and visit all the POIs on that side, even Bhutan. Will keep you posted whenever I come to know of new places to visit there.
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 12:39   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately, I have only been to Tsomgo Lake, Gangtok, Darjeeling, Mirik, Daelo, Kalimpong, Pedong. Yet to go to Reshi, Rishop, Labha, etc. I just got married 2.5 years ago, and for the past 1.5 years, my wife is doing her graduation, so we do not travel a lot. But once her course is completed, we do intend to go and visit all the POIs on that side, even Bhutan. Will keep you posted whenever I come to know of new places to visit there.
That is a good list as well. Although, we have been to all the places mentioned above plus many more, thanks to our obsession with Eastern Himalayas.

Cheers,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 15:05   #26
BHPian

Excellent thread Pawan da, I have been to these places and can relate..Keep traveling and sharing
Uprasenjit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 15:21   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is a good list as well. Although, we have been to all the places mentioned above plus many more, thanks to our obsession with Eastern Himalayas.

Cheers,

Pawan
Would love to have suggestions on where else can we go in the Eastern Himalayas. Not in the very near future, but definitely in a few years time we'll take longer leaves and drive to all the POIs in the vicinity to explore that side as well. Do tell...
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 19:52   #28
BHPian

Very good short and crisp travelogue. I have never visited Darjeeling before and after reading your thread the kid in me wants to start today itself. This will definitely be in my wishlist from now on.

Btw, did you know any fuel station in particular or you just refuelled as and when required? In long drives through unknown roads filling gas is a big headache for me as you can never be sure whether it is adulterated or not.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 03:58   #29
Team-BHP Support

Beautiful pictures and a crisp travelogue! Rated 5 stars. The Hulk is looking really nice with those roof bars, cannot remember what they are actually called. Keep travelling and writing!
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 09:21   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprasenjit View Post
Excellent thread Pawan da, I have been to these places and can relate..Keep traveling and sharing
Thanks Prasenjit !!

Quote:
Would love to have suggestions on where else can we go in the Eastern Himalayas. Not in the very near future, but definitely in a few years time we'll take longer leaves and drive to all the POIs in the vicinity to explore that side as well. Do tell...
Sure. Let me know when you plan a trip this side. Will be happy to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Very good short and crisp travelogue. I have never visited Darjeeling before and after reading your thread the kid in me wants to start today itself. This will definitely be in my wishlist from now on.
Thank you Carpainter. Do write a small TL once you make that trip.

Quote:
Btw, did you know any fuel station in particular or you just refuelled as and when required? In long drives through unknown roads filling gas is a big headache for me as you can never be sure whether it is adulterated or not.
This needs some planning. Although Duster doesn't need refueling till Siliguri, it is always better to start looking for fuel pumps when you have 1/3rd tank left. Apart from Reliance which are many on the way, Ghoshpukur BP & Dalkhola BP are two COCOs on the way. While coming back, BP Gopalpur is also an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Beautiful pictures and a crisp travelogue! Rated 5 stars. The Hulk is looking really nice with those roof bars, cannot remember what they are actually called. Keep travelling and writing!
Thanks a lot BP. These "roof crossbars" give a different personality to HULK no doubt.

Cheers,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks