Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2018, 14:48   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh

Great travelogue. Loved the pics.

Take the Endeavour to Dalma top in monsoon, am sure the big Ford & its owner (knowing his taste personally) both will love it!

My little Ford did managed to reach the top in monsoon and it was great fun.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ford-figo.html

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-img_0645.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-img_0659.jpg

Seeing the pics of the curvy roads in your return journey, am sure you must have missed your Brio!
Samba is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 02:28   #17
BHPian

As cr4nkshaft said, There's no such thing as an unnecessary or short travelogue when it's penned by a passionate car guy. That's a short and crisp travelogue, enjoyed reading it. Being from Jharkhand, I feel stupid that I still haven't visited this place. Beautiful pictures you've got there. Need to visit this place whenever I go home next.

Regards,
Swapnil
Swapnil_Alto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 02:31   #18
BHPian

Your post makes me nostalgic...sme pic from 2016

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-fb_img_1524295998452.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-fb_img_1524295966627.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-fb_img_1524295995105.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-fb_img_1524295992531.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-fb_img_1524295960655.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-fb_img_1524295958108.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-fb_img_1524295952571.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-fb_img_1524295949406.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-fb_img_1524295946621.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-fb_img_1524295943819.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-fb_img_1524295930430.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-fb_img_1524295925760.jpg
Sayata is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 04:22   #19
Team-BHP Support

A crisp travelogue with lovely pictures. As you know I am a big fan of this generation of Endy and yours is looking superb with those big AT Tyres! The road to Dalma top becomes challenging durin the monsoon and we had good fun there 2 years back as part of the R.O.A.D monsoon trip!

Here are two pics of my Bolero from that trip, both pics taken by team bhpian Uprasenjit

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-dalma_bolero_blackpearl1.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-dalma_bolero_blackpearl2.jpg
BlackPearl is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 20:09   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4nkshaft View Post
Beautiful travelogue, arav da! There's no such thing as an unnecessary or short travelogue when it's penned by a passionate car guy as you and garnished with lively and lovely pictures..
But I didn't get one thing.. Your car is definitely bold, but the security guard in the background.. He's quite able I'm sure, but beautiful?
Thanks cr4nshaft for the appreciation !!

By mentioning beautiful, I meant the New Generation Toyota Fortuner in Black in the backdrop and not the Security Guard. Are you developing a liking for the same gender by any chance ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
What makes your travelogue even more interesting is to see how smoothly you can combine some of your work along with your road trip! In any case, it's always delightful to see happy faces of the youngsters on the trip! Keep travelling and keep writing!
Not always does such opportunity come wherein I can tag family along when I am out for work as I usually have to hop from one place to the other. A very rare occasion where it could be possible since it was a Point A to Point B travel. Family was indeed delighted !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
Short and sweet write up Arav. Nice to see 4 smiley faces during the trip. Good to see the interior roads of Bengal in good shape. The ride must have been super comfy in the Endy.
Thanks ALTIMAed !! The interior roads of Bengal in this region are in their best shape ever that I have seen. The ride in the Endeavour was indeed very spirited and very comfortable. A fellow BHPian from Kolkata wants you to join me for a trip to Sandakphu in the Endeavour very desparately. He wants two heavy weights to make the heavy weight Endeavour climb up Sandakphu. No comments !! We will take this offline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
Jamshedpur is a gem of a city. Minimal traffic/signals, excellent roads and infrastructure, decent amount of commercial structures, and a work-focused citizenbase.

If anyone's interested in street-type food, there's a small dead-end lane opposite Hotel Fortune Park, which houses a food joint next to the famous pan shop called "Whatsapp Foods". It has some lip-smacking Desi-Chinese dishes to offer. That place was our post-arrival & before departure ritual for our audit team.
Thanks sharktale for the appreciation. I was indeed impressed with the cleanliness of the city on the whole.

Will definitely try the food at Whatsapp Foods the next time I am in Jamshedpur. That is one heck of an innovative name for a restaurant !

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Nice Travelogue & a even nice TRUCK !

I have a soft spot for this generation of the Endeavour & have a strong feeling that in the future a well maintained example of this truck will be a hot collector item for enthusiasts.
Thanks karan561 !! I hope I can do justice in the times to come to this truck. Though I have no intentions of keeping it in stock condition for it to be a collector's item. The ownership and restoration thread shall be up soon on the Forum and I am looking to make some subtle mods, to make it look a little mean. Suggestions welcomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Anyway, you are already aware that we were there this December. Coincidentally we took the same route back.

A nice short and crisp travelogue. The best thing about travels like these is that, they recharge your batteries with a good enough drive, you get adequate exposure to hospitality and yet come back and rejoin your work without guilt pangs.
Did not know you taking the same route back on your last visit. Very few people usually do, I guess we belong to that 'few' lot.

Agreed, the batteries do get recharged for a better week ahead !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
Beautiful pics and the whole trip looks good enough to be repeated by me too...
Thanks Doc !! This can be done anytime. Preferably the monsoons or the winters would be a better time for such a leisure trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil_Alto View Post
As cr4nkshaft said, There's no such thing as an unnecessary or short travelogue when it's penned by a passionate car guy. That's a short and crisp travelogue, enjoyed reading it. Being from Jharkhand, I feel stupid that I still haven't visited this place. Beautiful pictures you've got there. Need to visit this place whenever I go home next.
Thanks Swapnil !! You must do it soon and update this thread with your travel experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Great travelogue. Loved the pics.

Take the Endeavour to Dalma top in monsoon, am sure the big Ford & its owner (knowing his taste personally) both will love it!

My little Ford did managed to reach the top in monsoon and it was great fun.

Seeing the pics of the curvy roads in your return journey, am sure you must have missed your Brio!
Thanks Samba !! I was there last monsoons with a XUV500 and it was a better time to be there surely. However, things have drastically changed from the time you were there and the last time I was there. Most of the roads and the hairpin bends are now concrete and the roads are lesser broken. I guess this is because of the "Dalma Ko Bachana Hai" initiative.

In fact, I was missing my Figo. The BRIO is not my car effectively. One fine day you might be chased down on NH2 by a lady driving a Brio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayata View Post
Your post makes me nostalgic...
Thanks for sharing the pictures Sayata !! It is all about expereince sharing and reliving such memorable trips on such a wonderful platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
A crisp travelogue with lovely pictures. As you know I am a big fan of this generation of Endy and yours is looking superb with those big AT Tyres! The road to Dalma top becomes challenging durin the monsoon and we had good fun there 2 years back as part of the R.O.A.D monsoon trip!
Thanks BlackPearl !! The Bolero looks so good with all that dirt. I missed that group drive due to certain unsolicited circumstances. It would have been so much fun with like minded folks.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

As mentioned I was there in Dalma during the previous monsoons with my cousin's XUV500 AT AWD. It was much greener and slightly slushy. Sharing some pictures of that trip in no particular order :

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-img_5982.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-img_5958.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-img_5960.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-img_5965.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-img_5987.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-img_5989.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-img_5992.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-img_6002.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-img_6004.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-img_6021.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-img_6022.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-img_6020.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-img_5957.jpg

Needed some more slush for some more fun !!
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 21:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post

Did not know you taking the same route back on your last visit. Very few people usually do, I guess we belong to that 'few' lot.

Agreed, the batteries do get recharged for a better week ahead !!

I am sorry, I am guilty of having provided partially wrong info earlier. I did not follow the same route as you did totally. I used the same route till Patamda-Bundwan and then went left towards Bankura-Durgapur via Manbazar. Its a longer route that we took. But then the entire route was awesome in terms of road surface and pleasure to drive. Here are some pics upto Bundwan (all of them, except one, were shot by my daughter)

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-img_33021.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-img_8298.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-img_8303.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-img_8313.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-img_8315.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-img_8319.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-img_8320.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-img_83242.jpg
1100D is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 02:12   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
I am ......
Dada just curious, is that front bumper OE for 207?
Old 23rd April 2018, 07:15   #23
BHPian

Hi 'AJ-got-BHP', Lovely Travelogue, Lovely pix. and that's one awesome looking SUV, I love this version of the 'Ford Endeavor', it carries the true character of Ford SUV's and Trucks, Loved the white-roof (must be having a cooling effect in hot summer? did you paint it or was it there from the time of manufacture?) and the tyres jutting out a bit look so cool, everything about this truck is so cool. Cheers!! Keep exploring.
anup.bronco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 09:39   #24
BHPian

Nice overnighter trip AJ. Great to see the all those smiling faces. But the truck takes the cake. Wonderful pictures of the drive. And thanks for info on good places to eat in Jamshedpur, will try them on one of the office tours. We stayed in the same resort two years back for the Road Rain Drive.

Two pictures from that drive

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-img_2052.jpg

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-img_2057.jpg

Keep travelling & Keep writing

Cheers,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 15:22   #25
BHPian

Lovely pics Arav da.
Infact all the later pics reminded me what i missed in the monsoon.
This side is yet to be explored by 4 wheels till date for me.
SVK Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2018, 11:27   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
Dada just curious, is that front bumper OE for 207?
Yes, you are right. The Stock Scorpio Bumper bracket has been adapted to make this Bumper fit.
1100D is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2018, 14:22   #27
BHPian

Hello Arav,

Very nice photos and crisp documentation.The photos of the your "brute" amidst the forest roads are mind blowing.

In fact we office colleagues are heading towards Jhargram in this May heat and I downloaded your photos-made a collage and showed them your photos (hope it doesn't violate any copy right)

In a Medieval Ford Endeavour to Dalma, Dimna & Tatanagar on Poila Baisakh-photo.png

Regards,
Sayak

Last edited by sayakc : 24th April 2018 at 14:23.
sayakc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2018, 16:10   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Great travelogue sir. Brought back many memories of Jamshedpur and its surroundings.

Dalma pahaad, scaled twice by me and school-mates on foot in class 9 and 10. Our school in Jamshedpur would take us to Dalma every year.

Ample wildlife was spotted by us on the treks - elephants, monkeys and deer.

But the trip in class 10 was beset with a near-tragedy since our forest guide couldn't keep us in check and the group was split into sub-groups and many got lost in the darkness. My sub-group was weirdly guided safely to the waiting school-bus by a wild dog. We just kept following it downhill.

And Dimna dam....damn! Jharkhand has developed so much now, because back in 1998-2000, where Tata's limits ended and Bihar's limits started outside of Jamshedpur, the roads were non-existent. I remember us trying to ride on motorcycles to Dimna from school and we gave it up. There were potholes as deep as 2 feet all over the roads.
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2018, 09:41   #29
BHPian

Thanks for sharing. This brought back fond memories of Jamshedpur. Brubeck and Kevat Litti are must to visit eateries.
Utopian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 13:46   #30
BHPian

Dalma and Monsoon - Awesome Combination. Bring back my school memories. Thanks for Sharing.
yogesh.janghel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks