Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2018, 14:51   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: TUV3OO - The Kumaon Episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
and made me think I shouldn't have taken the Lucknow exit.
After reading this travelogue i do not agree at all to this statement!

This travelogue has come out excellent. You have very well portrayed your journey. Rated a well deserved 5*.

I have been on this same route nearly a decade back barring Munshiary. My memories got brushed up again. Thanks for sharing! Could very well relate to the beautiful sunrise from Chaukori!

Have visited Nainital again a couple of years back and i really loved the ambiance of this place. I just loved walking along the mall road beside the lake.

TUV3OO - The Kumaon Episode-1456138_569463399792224_257582387_n.jpg

TUV3OO - The Kumaon Episode-1459260_569463186458912_1615392022_n.jpg

TUV3OO - The Kumaon Episode-1471751_569463136458917_1635938152_n.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 11th June 2018 at 15:11.
Samba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 20:25   #17
BHPian

Woow , to the paitence , to the blog , the narration , the pictures and ofcourse the experience.
Owning a tank has its own advantages . Thoroughly enjoyed the blog Mithunda. Keep traveling and sharing such awesome blog.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 23:07   #18
BHPian

Quote:
The family spent over an hour shopping, while I kept company of the little one and wondered how to accommodate the extra luggage...
Hilarious. I hope your better half hasn't seen this! Anyway, it's a breathtaking travelogue. All frames are beautifully captured and infact they are flooded with the amazing colours of beautiful Himalayas. Keep travelling and keep posting.

Thanks,
gmhossain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2018, 02:42   #19
Team-BHP Support

Another superb travelogue and fantastic pictures mi2n. Brought back memories of our trip way back in 2011 in our Esteem. Good to see that Birthi falls had some amount of water. We had been there in winter and was utterly disappointed. Keep travelling and sharing such lovely travelogues!
BlackPearl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2018, 08:30   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
This is what I call a perfect travelogue Mi2n. Right amount of text & awesome pictures. Your narration keeps the reader engaged throughout. Some of the Munsiyari clicks are mindblowing. Tuffey looks handsome in the Kumaon background.
+100. I loved this travelogue so much so that if we had not undertaken the NE trip, I might be planning for this one.

And this is a well planned t'log, just the right amount of text and pictures. Couldn't get better

Quote:
This travelogue brought back good memories of the innumerable trips I have made to Kumaon.
Reminds me, you haven't taken a long trip in the recent past, hope you have sufficient leaves
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2018, 09:55   #21

Great write-up, Mi2n, particularly the introduction!
The photographs tell the story even better! The sequential narration through your enticing photographs and crisp writing indeed gives the readers a live view of the journey!
I will definitely look forward for your next travelogue!
Thanks and regards!
scorpio25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2018, 17:20   #22
BHPian

Wow. Awesome pictures Mithunda. Very informative. How much was the average mileage for the Tank?
SVK Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 12:48   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The past is like using your rear view mirror. It's good to glance back and see how far you have come. But if you stare too long, you'll miss what is right in front of you!
An excellent travelogue that acted much like a rearview mirror for me, bringing back images of trips to Kumaon, way before I started writing down travelogues and posting pictures on social media to record my travels over the years. Photography was not so much an integral part of travel then, neither cheap, nor easily available. Much has changed, for the good (better roads and infrastructure, good hotels) as well as bad (concrete jungles, flood of tourist traffic), but the snow peaks continue to be as alluring as ever.
Quote:
DAY 8 - Sitlakhet to Mukteswar ( 57 Kilometers)
GMAPS found us a shortcut
Such roads were the norm rather than the exception some 15-20 years ago, and one always ran the risk of finding a stretch blocked due to a minor landslide. But the locals always knew about these, and one just had to ask. I remember trying out a route through dense pine forests from Ranikhet to Almora in May 1999 (driving a Premier President), where I was told not to stop en route - because the forest was on fire and the heat was intense! We did stop once for a minute, but stepping out of the car was like standing on an oven floor - the ground was so hot, I could feel it through my shoes. The air was smoky, with the intoxicating, almost choking, smell of burning pine sap. In any case, air-conditioning was a rare luxury in cars those days.

At KMVN Kausani, where we spent the night, the hills in the distance glittered with reddish glowing areas at night, and the weather was so hot, we requested for a table fan - which was not available anywhere! We cut short our 2N/3D plan at Kausani and left early the next morning, getting out of the area as fast as we could.

Enough of RVM-staring - look forward to more such travelogues from you!
SS-Traveller is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 19:24   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddarthab View Post
Beautifully penned travelogue Mi2N with fabulous photographs to boot.... definitely a thoroughly enjoyable read.

Rated 5 Stars !!!

Warm regards,

Siddhartha

Thank you. Glad that you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
This is what I call a perfect travelogue Mi2n. Right amount of text & awesome pictures. Your narration keeps the reader engaged throughout. Some of the Munsiyari clicks are mindblowing. Tuffey looks handsome in the Kumaon background.

This travelogue brought back good memories of the innumerable trips I have made to Kumaon. The roads looks so familiar.

Keep travelling & Keep Writing !!

Cheers,

Pawan

You deserve a special thanks Pawan for all the detailed route guidance. Above all your recommendation of Trishul Orchard Resort in Mukteswar was too good. Everyone loved the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapish View Post
So glad mi2n that you enjoyed the trip to Kumaon. I was especially happy to see you went to nainital - that's my hometown.

Thank you. Nainital has a special place in our hearts. Yes, it's too commercialized now, but a trip to Kumaon without a stay at Nainital would be incomplete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
After reading this travelogue i do not agree at all to this statement!

I would still stick to my words. Team-Spiti's experience was truly exceptional. The night shots of Nainital are awesome. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
Woow , to the paitence , to the blog , the narration , the pictures and ofcourse the experience.

Thank you. Your logs are an inspiration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
Hilarious. I hope your better half hasn't seen this! Anyway, it's a breathtaking travelogue.

Thanks Golam da! Nice to hear from you after so long. Please try to make it to the monsoon meet this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Another superb travelogue and fantastic pictures mi2n. Brought back memories of our trip way back in 2011 in our Esteem. Good to see that Birthi falls had some amount of water. We had been there in winter and was utterly disappointed. Keep travelling and sharing such lovely travelogues!

Papabravo did convey similar feelings about the Birthi falls. But en-route we started seeing the falls from 10 kilometers and a few mountains away. Going by the information I had, at first I thought it to be some other waterfall. As we got closer, the navigation made us aware that it was indeed the Birthi falls. Glad that you liked the travelogue. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
+100. I loved this travelogue so much so that if we had not undertaken the NE trip, I might be planning for this one.

And this is a well planned t'log, just the right amount of text and pictures. Couldn't get better

Thank you Sheel for the appreciation. However, with the Scorpio 4x4, I suggest you do this circuit in winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio25 View Post
Great write-up, Mi2n, particularly the introduction!
The photographs tell the story even better! The sequential narration through your enticing photographs and crisp writing indeed gives the readers a live view of the journey!
I will definitely look forward for your next travelogue!
Thanks and regards!

Thank you for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK Rider View Post
Wow. Awesome pictures Mithunda. Very informative. How much was the average mileage for the Tank?

The mileage. Now that I'll have to ask the missus. Remember filling diesel for Rs.67/liter in Uttarakhand to as high as Rs.75/liter in Bihar on our way back. Do not generally keep track of expenses while on trip. All the budgeting is done beforehand. 15 KMPL average would be a rough estimate. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
An excellent travelogue that acted much like a rearview mirror for me, bringing back images of trips to Kumaon, way before I started writing down travelogues and posting pictures on social media to record my travels over the years. Photography was not so much an integral part of travel then, neither cheap, nor easily available. Much has changed, for the good (better roads and infrastructure, good hotels) as well as bad (concrete jungles, flood of tourist traffic), but the snow peaks continue to be as alluring as ever.

Such roads were the norm rather than the exception some 15-20 years ago, and one always ran the risk of finding a stretch blocked due to a minor landslide. But the locals always knew about these, and one just had to ask. I remember trying out a route through dense pine forests from Ranikhet to Almora in May 1999 (driving a Premier President), where I was told not to stop en route - because the forest was on fire and the heat was intense! We did stop once for a minute, but stepping out of the car was like standing on an oven floor - the ground was so hot, I could feel it through my shoes. The air was smoky, with the intoxicating, almost choking, smell of burning pine sap. In any case, air-conditioning was a rare luxury in cars those days.

At KMVN Kausani, where we spent the night, the hills in the distance glittered with reddish glowing areas at night, and the weather was so hot, we requested for a table fan - which was not available anywhere! We cut short our 2N/3D plan at Kausani and left early the next morning, getting out of the area as fast as we could.

Enough of RVM-staring - look forward to more such travelogues from you!

Thank you dada for the appreciation. Thank you for sharing your experience too. We saw lots of areas engulfed in fire en-route. According to the locals, over 30% area was under fire! This lead to rise in temperatures during the day and foggy conditions.

I came to know of Mukteswar from your blogs. At the end of the trip, Mukteswar was the place we liked most. We are already thinking of a re-visit. So thanks again.
mi2n is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 19:30   #25
BHPian

Wow Mithun, breathtaking tlog. The snaps are a treat to the eye. I love travelling but yet to be bitten by the shutterbug.

Rated 5* - a well deserved one!!
ALTIMAed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 07:53   #26
BHPian

A beautiful travelogue with some breathtaking snaps. Rated well deserved 5 stars. Keep travelling and mesmerise us.
hok kolorob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2018, 09:20   #27
BHPian

These days I am not getting time to login into Team bhp due to some reasons and I am missing such beautiful photographs and travelogues. Keep writing Mithun da.. Wonderful photos too..Rated 5*
Uprasenjit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 13:53   #28
BHPian

five stars is unjust your travelogue deserves no less than ten

Let me just recover from the virtual trip you took me on & say

A wandering heart, a penchant for photography & a talent with words & the outcome is an outstanding travelogue taking its reader on a mentally salivating trip.

A wonderful experience superbly expressed!!!

Last edited by gurthvader : 20th June 2018 at 13:54.
Old 4th February 2019, 07:51   #29
BHPian

Friends, will be travelling to Kausani from Lucknow, which is suitable route from Lucknow with good roads till Kathgodam,the one via Bareilly or the one via Pilibhit and Sitarganj?
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks