Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2018, 08:17   #76
BHPian

Re: Sailed through Lahaul & Spiti in hatchbacks, sedans & SUVs

@Samba.
A wonderfully inspiring travelogue. All you travellers on tbhp with your travelogues & pictures are fast filling up my bucketlist of driving destinations. Thanks for sharing.
Warm regards
Madmax_SP
Madmax_SP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 15:58   #77

Wow this a such a well written travelogue. Lovely pics too.

Taking motivation from BHPian ssambyal1980's travelogue, we did the Spiti circuit in my Civic in October '16. Although 4 of us with luggage in the Civic meant it was almost fully loaded, I agree this trip can be done on sedans, with some careful driving.

The stretch from Batal to Gramphoo was very tricky, and many sections I had to ask my passengers to get down and walk ahead. Still, we came through with only some minor scrapes. The worst underbody hit, in a trip that covered the entire Spiti circuit, came on a Speedbreaker near Delhi.

Uploading a pic at Kunzom. We didn't find as much snow as you guys did.

Sailed through Lahaul & Spiti in hatchbacks, sedans & SUVs-imag2550.jpg
Vivek VS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 10:42   #78
BHPian

There goes a saying, "If you want to walk fast walk alone; but if you want to walk far walk together!" . Oh, right. That is the spirit of team CP and you guys proved it well. The majestic and unique landscapes as seen through your magical lenses are gems to preserve for the lifetime. Along with that the real 'car photography' against the backdrop of the mother nature takes the travelogue to a different plane.

'Samba finds samba' is wonderful!Enjoyed a lot reading the entire travelogue and no need to say, it kindled the quest to visit those mesmerising lands with my own car very soon. Rated 5 star!

Last edited by Blooming Flower : 18th July 2018 at 10:46.
Blooming Flower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 01:11   #79
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sailed through Lahaul & Spiti in hatchbacks, sedans & suv's

A group drive is like a rolling party.

A drive through Spiti/Lahaul is anyway enticing, with amazing prospects for anyone who loves to shoot with a camera, the added icing on this cake was the celebration of mutual association and admiration constantly through the same.

Hence this travelogue, having read your earlier ones, coming across as an awesome one, isn't a surprise. The concise writeup and some humor sprinkled in, was a welcome change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Few small bits-
In regards to beauty i felt, Spiti to be more raw & untouched than Ladakh. Spiti is still less infested with tourists due to less popularity.
Yes, can't agree more to it. Perhaps its lower popularity, stemmed from lesser knowledge of the general folk and many who wanted it to remain as such, was its blessing. Spiti till this day remains. calm, serene, less-visited, unpolluted. A perfect silent and peaceful setup for a "Loner" to take some time off to access their inner libraries.

Unfortunately, it's only a matter of time.

Anyways, posting a picture from our own trip there in May 2015. This was the approach to Tashigang

Sailed through Lahaul & Spiti in hatchbacks, sedans & SUVs-img_1684.jpg
1100D is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 17:18   #80
BHPian

Nice to see you have such a road trip crazy group.
Coincidentally we crossed paths on 24th May between Langza and Hikkim and I was wondering this seems to be a group of crazy road trippers as all of the cars had only 2 or 3 travellers.
I don't recollect the name but did meet one of the travellers in your group at Hikkim post office.

All the best and keep the travel spirits high.
abhikb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 19:56   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhikb View Post
Nice to see you have such a road trip crazy group.
Thanks.
This crazy group has done 15 road trips in the last 5 years!

Quote:
Coincidentally we crossed paths on 24th May between Langza and Hikkim
If i am not mistaking, you were in a GJ registered white Xylo with a 'Live to Drive' sticker! I spotted the Xylo at the parking near Hikkim.

Quote:
I was wondering this seems to be a group of crazy road trippers as all of the cars had only 2 or 3 travellers.
You should check out our Ladakh travelogue! We were 9 in 6 cars!
Onlookers asked, two cars were enough, then why six?
Our one and only reply was - We Live to Drive!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...r-kolkata.html (Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata)

Last edited by Samba : 21st February 2019 at 19:58.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 20:16   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Thanks.
This crazy group has done 15 road trips in the last 5 years!

If i am not mistaking, you were in a GJ registered white Xylo with a 'Live to Drive' sticker! I spotted the Xylo at the parking near Hikkim.

You should check out our Ladakh travelogue! We were 9 in 6 cars!
Onlookers asked, two cars were enough, then why six?
Our one and only reply was - We Live to Drive!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...r-kolkata.html (Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata)

Yes I was driving the white GJ registered Xylo. The world is a small place.

I first went through your Ladakh travelogue and then thought could this be the same group that I saw in Spiti and then searched and found your Spiti travelogue.

Live to drive connects us all!!!!
abhikb is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed