Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2006, 16:14   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
HPTDC, Home Page
this link has booking section but does not work. So I went to HPTDC office in Janpath, Delhi. Chandigarh also has a HPTDC office, and you can find address from the website
Here is the link :

HPTDC - Online Hotels Reservation System
Old 27th December 2006, 16:17   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Damn, that is mind-boggling beauty! Good job with the pictures, TSK. If you know the right places in India, its futile to go abroad for "sight-seeing" and "romantic getaways".
Old 27th December 2006, 16:24   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
It does not work.
The page frequently hangs at payment gateway stage. So I decided not to take the risk and go to their office.
I suggest you also do the same. This way you will get the off season discount too if its available instead of the fixed rate on website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Damn, that is mind-boggling beauty! Good job with the pictures, TSK. If you know the right places in India, its futile to go abroad for "sight-seeing" and "romantic getaways".
The pictures actually do not do justice to the place. I don't think I have the skill to capture it in camera yet!
Interior himachal is truly a jewel. Luckily for wanderlust bitten bugs like us, these places are off the radar of most tourist.
There was nobody else on the bridge over satluj banks, and also on the road leading to Kotgarh. Moreover we did not encounter a single tourist near the church area. When we went on a short drive in the night, there was not a single vehicle on the roads. I have never been to such a quiet place. No sound, just wind through the pines and I dont think I have ever seen so many stars in the sky!

Last edited by tsk1979 : 27th December 2006 at 16:28.
Old 27th December 2006, 17:06   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The pictures actually do not do justice to the place. I don't think I have the skill to capture it in camera yet!
Agree with the former, but not with the latter. I think you just got lazy and decided to enjoy the view rather than put in the hard work behind the lens. I am pretty sure you are already regretting it.
Old 27th December 2006, 17:11   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Agree with the former, but not with the latter. I think you just got lazy and decided to enjoy the view rather than put in the hard work behind the lens. I am pretty sure you are already regretting it.
hehe . thats true for the night shots. A little more hard work(walking 100mts to a darker place and braving the cold) would have resulted in breathtaking night scenery, but It was too cold.
but for the day shots, I took 3 shots for each frame -2,0,+2 exposure composition. Many of the images you see turned out to be good because of the -2 EC.
The 161 pics in the gallery are the best of the 400 odd pics I took.
The nights and evenings are a different story. It was around 2 degrees!! and I was freezing.
As for the lens, I guess I need to put more hard work on Post processing. Most of these shots do not have contrast enhancement or Unsharp mask, which can drastically improve the quality!

Last edited by tsk1979 : 27th December 2006 at 17:14.
Old 27th December 2006, 18:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

Great Account And Photos

Hai TSK,

That is a great account of snow, how I miss them...

Lovely Photographs too....

Maybe sometime I'd drive up there; will take guidance from you.

--Ramky
Old 27th December 2006, 18:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic pics & scenery Tanveer looks like you had a fabulous trip!!! I think it's about time I got the suspension job done on the old beast & took a hike to the mountains

And thanks for the detailed travelogue too!
Old 27th December 2006, 19:21   #23
BHPian

Fantastic report, awesome pictures. Great stuff. Glad you had a good time.
Old 29th December 2006, 20:45   #24
Suryam

Great report and nice travelouge.

May be some of these not frequently visited places still have their original pristine beauty of nature and serenity

Old 5th January 2007, 13:48   #25
BANNED

tsk .. My phone was off as I lost my phone so had to get the card cancelled and get a new one -- if i dont pay my phone bill I get cut off from the world and that aint happening . And in Kotgarh all you had to do was ask where my house was , infact if I throw a stone from my balcony I can hit the churches roof . And the grpound in front of teh church is where I started on my lil cricketing career .. lol !!!

As for walking down to the river banks ..there were so many places, the picture with the bridge has plpaces to go and walk to teh river . Before this bridge came up , the old bridge had a pulley system where you sat i a lil crate and had to pull urself back and forth .

The snow definitely did add to the beauty of your trip ... but u guys with these fancy cameras really make me nostalgic ( havnt been home in 3 months now ) , and make our sleepy lil town look so damn sexy !!! The church in Kotgarh is the oldest Church in Northern India ... though not many know about this fact .

As for the road to Kotgarh that you guys took .... its bad for about 3 kms in teh middle and you have a pic posted from that stretch ( that turn leads into a 40 mtr straight into a slight left , slight right , staright again ;-) ) and the good road pic is when u crossed a lil house on teh right and goes straight into a right - straight - into a left followed by a right and into bad road again for 2 kms till you reach Kotgarh .

This road when getting metalled was opposed by a lot of us people , we wanted to keep the road as a dirt road ....u wonder why we so mad -- but the thing is that with newer cars and newer drivers , metalled roads wud lead to more accidents as ppl wud tenmd to drive faster and that is exactly what happened . We sit and pray that the road dis integrates quickly .

Anyways a good write up .. and guys if anyone wants a meet happening there ever , summers is a good time .

Aza@ Do I see you drooling allready and now you know why I prefer driving on dirt than tarmac , learnt driving on them roads and that too in a LHD willys jeep !!!

Cheers
Old 5th January 2007, 15:23   #26
Team-BHP Support

Khaadu.. will keep your tips in mind next time I go that side.
As for the road, the good part was that we did not see a single vehicle in that stretch. It was so peaceful.
The realy beauty of HP is in these tucked away placer, and not really in busy hill stations
It would be a good idea to have a TBHP meet on the banks of satluj in summer!
Old 5th January 2007, 15:30   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It would be a good idea to have a TBHP meet on the banks of satluj in summer!
Hmmm... now that's a good idea!! How many people are interested? Hands up please!!
Old 5th January 2007, 15:41   #28
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Anyways a good write up .. and guys if anyone wants a meet happening there ever , summers is a good time .

Aza@ Do I see you drooling allready and now you know why I prefer driving on dirt than tarmac , learnt driving on them roads and that too in a LHD willys jeep !!!

Cheers

Khaadu after reading and seeing the photos off bunnypunia and tsk's trips to narkanda, i really wanna go there too. will keep you updated
Old 5th January 2007, 20:36   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Khaadu after reading and seeing the photos off bunnypunia and tsk's trips to narkanda, i really wanna go there too. will keep you updated
Anytime dude ... but unlike tsk who booked in the Guest House , you are more than welcome to stay at my place as long as someone is there . I told tsk also but he had booked bythen ... and he refused to cancel !!!

Summers is a good time near the river but only after 7 pm as before that its as hot as delhi if not worse ... !!!

Anytime guys .....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks