Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2018, 09:40   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Amazingly magnificent & enchantingly awesome North East India - A 10,000 km Ride!

Wow, I think you said a new standard for travelogues. Great story and an amazing adventure. Love the photography.

Really enjoyed reading your story, very well written, thanks for sharing.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 09:42   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Amazingly magnificent & enchantingly awesome North East India - A 10,000 km Ride!

Wow! I am not sure how I missed this one. This is such a beautiful travelogue easily one of the best on the forum. It takes readers to places most haven't seen and experienced. Thank you for sharing. Rated a well deserved 5 Star. I look forward to the next.
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 10:16   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Atul and Nandita, Thank you so much for sharing this. What a treat!

Where shall I start from, OK First, Hatsoff to you guys for having done this trip.
It takes lot of spirit to do these kind of trips especially on a two-wheeler!

Photos and videos...whatever said about them is less. Just beautiful. from the simple picture of the puncture and a muddy puddle to the amazing vistas of the mountains. Mesmerising!

And the report. I know how much time and efforts it takes to compile a travelogue. And to do it with this amount of detail is quite another thing. Congratulations and a big thanks

I have only visited Assam and Arunachal pradesh of the seven sisters. it has given me amazing memories and I long for another trip to that part of our country. I can only imagine the kind of memories you people will carry throughout your lifetimes from these 28 days. You have neatly summed up the learning in the last post.

Keep travelling, keep sharing it with us.
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 11:00   #49
BHPian

Amazing travelogue Atul.
Its truly an inspiration. Beautiful capture of the memories too.
Kudos to your patience to create and share this detailed experience.
avinashsg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 11:03   #50
BHPian

You both living THE life, man!

Enjoyed your previous t-log to Chikkamagalur, drew inspiration from it and paid a visit there and enjoyed the place a lot. Maybe topic for one of my t-logs soon!

How I envy you! Such a wonderful t-log with awesome nature photos, apt descriptions and ofcourse food snaps! It's been my dream to go on such a trip around our country to some selected places, fingers crossed!
KrisTvpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 11:30   #51
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, Atul and Nandita for sharing this amazing Travelogue with excellent photographs.

Seven+one( Sikkim) sisters are on my radar from a very long time. Somehow, I am not able to make it happen. This t'log will be extremely beneficial to my kind of people, who plan their trip on the basis of this kind of travelogues. Keep Travelling and Keep writing.
SJM1214 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 12:33   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Nandita and Atul for sharing this wonderful travelogue and congratulations on successful completion of a wonderful trip. Absolutely mind blowing. 10,000km and that too riding. Still unable to wrap my mind around it.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 12:44   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandita_bayan21 View Post
Conclusion and what we learnt/felt…
Quote:
Originally Posted by atul.ktm View Post
Finally, thank you so much for this mega tlog!
Nandita and Atul, thank you for sharing your travelogue, which in itself is an epic!!

Planning such a daunting road trip is one thing, execution and blogging the same is a class in its own. You guys pretty much define Travel Bikers.

Wish you both many more such happy odysseys
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 13:05   #54
BHPian

Wow! Now, I'm gonna cry first. And then envy you guys. Ok, ok. That was one hell of a trip. Had vibes just skimming through it. Thank you guys for sharing. It was truly inspirational.

Last edited by kskthere : 11th October 2018 at 13:17.
kskthere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 14:09   #55
BHPian

Hats off to both of you!

Rarely we come across couples who are crazy about riding, like you both. We know the difficulty and joy of riding with a pillion.

Very detailed description, capturing the spirit of exploring; brought back vivid memories from our 3months long backpacking trip in NE India in 2012.
Romins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 14:12   #56
Senior - BHPian

Atul and Nandita,
First and foremost, Congrats on completing this epic trip. Thanks a lot for sharing the entire travelogue in so detail. I cherished each and every writeup here since it reminded me of our trip in 2016 https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...torcycles.html (Exploring the magnificent 7 States of North-East India on motorcycles)

Somehow photos do not do the justice to the magnificent North Eastern States of India. We did miss some important places like Majuli, Longest River Bridge, Golden Pagoda and Dzukou valley. But it can be a reason for me to return back to North east one more time.

So Atul how did the tires perform on the super fine talcum powder like mud/sand of North east specially Nagaland and Manipur region.
rk_sans is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 16:43   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandita_bayan21 View Post
Prologue

All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware of and at the end of this journey all we gather are innumerable memories, experiences, happiness which we spin together into a story to relish for the rest of our lives. Though in our case, our destinations were not secret but the quantum of happiness and satisfaction we attained is just unquantifiable.
What a fantabulous travelogue. I do a yearly journey to my hometown where i have to take a ferry to reach Majuli and that specific section in your narrative made me nostalgic. I want to go home sooner now.

The details covered is simply amazing as with your other travelogues, will help folks traveling to that part of the country A LOT.

I have been reading this since I boarded the cab for my office in the morning. The pictures took me on a virtual tour of the North East, some of which are familiar to me. As i would say in Assamese "Birat bhal lagil pohi"

Thanks for sharing.
sandx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 17:11   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Beautifully narrated travelogue with some excellent images from one of the most splendid region of our country. Thank you Nandita and Atul for sharing this exhaustive travelogue that would make anyone who looks at only the images will get the urge to start driving/riding to the North-Eastern states for the sheer experience of it.

I am sure a lot has gone into the preparation of this marvelous ride and a lot more to pen this one.

Kudos to you both for being so consistent when it comes to maintaining the image of a true roadie by covering the length and breadth of the country .
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 19:06   #59
BHPian

Immaculate travelogue!
I had a virtual ride through the roads of North East while reading the travelogue. Not for a moment the TL felt monotonous considering the lenght of it. Amazing write up backed up with perfectly timed photographs.
Wish you and Atul many more happy miles ahead .
lovecars21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 19:45   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazing travelogue. Hats off to both of you. Very detailed narration, backed up by some amazing pictures. I virtually traveled across India, through your travelogue. Rated 5*.

Being from Kolkata, its sad to read about your harassment by Kolkata Police and the rude behavior from the security guard. Few corrupt and rude/illiterate people just spoil the reputation of the whole state.

Last edited by Samba : 11th October 2018 at 19:57.
Samba is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed