Team-BHP - Amazingly magnificent & enchantingly awesome North East India - A 10,000 km Ride!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Amazingly magnificent & enchantingly awesome North East India - A 10,000 km Ride! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/200446-amazingly-magnificent-enchantingly-awesome-north-east-india-10-000-km-ride-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nandita_bayan21 (Post 4475906)
Lastly, there are so many unexplored places in the entire North East India and 26 days were definitely not enough for us.

This is perhaps the most lengthy & detailed TL i have ever come across. I know how much time it takes to pen down a small one, so i can only imagine the effort you guys took to process the countless pictures of your journey and painstakingly write down each and every minute details of 26 days of adventure. You guys are really living your dream, i can never think of taking more than 2 weeks leave in my 9-5 job :Frustrati Well keep up all the good work, will surely keep waiting for the next set of videos and your next trip !

Fabulous journey, fabulous pictures and a fantastically well written travelogue! Hats off to you, Nandita and Atul. Trust you got the troublesome rear tire replaced after getting back to Bangalore - a tire with so many punctures is dangerous enough on a car, and probably far worse on a bike. Thinking about that, I wonder why bike manufacturers don’t give run flats with a TPMS - surely bikes, with no room for a spare, need those more than large SUVs. The pictures here have certainly whetted my appetite to visit the North East, the only part of the country I have never been to. Don’t think I would have the guts to do that in my own car, however. Which is the sad thing. I just drove through rural Appalachia, probably the poorest part of the US, on fabulous roads connecting one horse towns. While we don’t have half way decent roads connecting state capitals.

Congratulations to both of you on completing this long ride successfullyclap:. Probably the longest travelogue that I have come across. I appreciate the time and effort that you have put to share this life time experience of yours with us.:thumbs up

You experienced all types of weather during this journey and the pics also shows how the landscape kept changing every moment during such long trips.

Not a nice experience with Kolakata police and this can happen to travelers in any state. Also, I think you had too many punctures.

And finally, 1200Kms/21+ hours on the last day is just mind-boggling.

Congratulations on a fantastic trip. Also, thank you for taking the time to compile this report in great detail. I have not read in entirety. But, I don't need to. I got what I needed from what little I read.

The takeaway for me was the realization that I am never going to do such rides. And that realization is more liberating than depressing.

To give you some context, I will have you know that I too bought a sport touring motorcycle and went on a few small weekend rides with friends. Driven by total enthusiasm, I plonked down cash for a nice ViaTerra bag with the sole intention of going on long rides. That was many moons ago. After that, I would have clocked maybe 500 kms on my bike. That's it.

Your report brought it home to me that these sort of long rides are just not in me. Of course, I could point to several factors that have not allowed me to go on a long ride, such as work and family commitments, not to mention the awful weather. But, the real truth is that if I truly wanted to go on a long ride, I would have done it by now. The fact that I haven't done so has to be because as much as I may enjoy such a ride, I really don't want to do one badly enough. Tough realization. But, a liberating one too.

So, that brand new Viaterra bag is now up for sale :thumbs up

Fantastic T log. Thank you for sharing.
Not often do we get to see a couple riding pillion doing long trips like yours and even rare to see a log thereafter.

Amazing write up and fantastic pictures. Brought back memories of our Arunachal and Meghalaya trip in 2015.
But you guys did it on a bike and that's even more special.

Best wishes for many more fantastic and memorable rides.
Cheers.
Jay

Hello Nandita & Atul,
Take a bow guys. You both are incredible. You surely live to ride :thumbs up
This mega travelogue is probably the most comprehensive one published on TeamBHP.
Let me very honestly tell you, I was so engrossed in it, I could literally feel each and everything described by you.
This needs to be updated on respective state's tourism department website.
The way you manage everything about your ride, is surely a textbook for all other enthusiasts.
Kudos clap:
Wish you millions of happy and safe rides.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nandita_bayan21 (Post 4437500)
We had a little argument with the security guard who was quite rude and didn’t let us park Hulk inside the premise of the building, which means park it outside and have the uncertainty of it getting towed away. After some explanations, he reluctantly agreed if we promise to come back really soon.

They asked us for our papers, NOC papers to enter Kolkata and the reason for coming to the city. I found this really stupid as in why is it so difficult to travel within our own country and questioned with so many irrelevant questions, neither did we break traffic rules, nor are we some illegal foreigners who entered country illegally.
We asked to provide us a receipt of the same and she mentioned that the receipt book is over. Well, we knew that the money is going nowhere apart from her wallet

The Kolkata people/BHPians and everyone is so lovely out there, but I really can not fathom, what is wrong with the authorities...? The police, the railway staffs, I mean almost everyone out there working in a government office.

And its high time we can move anywhere in our *own* country. And these hotel guys...they should enroll themselves in some coaching.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nandita_bayan21 (Post 4473959)
(one of Atul’s biker friend who stays in Purnia already warned him of heavy rain prediction between Siliguri and Purnia).

Ahem, that would be me :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by nandita_bayan21 (Post 4473959)
We got inside a place which was serving just rice and chicken, we didn’t want to waste more time and think any further, we ordered two plates of Murga Bhaat (Chicken Rice) as they popularly call in Bihar.

:uncontrol I can not use more smilies, but yeah.

You guys should have connected and I would not have taken much time. Any which way, I am thankful for you guys to come up with this gem of a travelogue, it is amazing. Pictures, road/hotel/food/geographical description, you people have covered it all.

I too never know as to when can I see all of these places, but there is a hope.

Thanks again for this travelogue and I wish you lovely guys ride/drive more and continue to explore and share more. More $$$ and leaves to you guys.

Amazing travelogue with equally amazing pictures. Totally bewitched by the narration and pictures. I felt like I was travelling virtually with you guys.:D

To have a like minded partner is a gift indeed. Take a bow you two.

No mention of any pains, etc. on the ride. Extremely physically demanding trip.

Amazing amazing amazing

Now to buy that bike and plan such a trip lol:

Atul and Nandita,
Take a bow. What a splendid travelogue. Apart from the awesome narration, the pictures of North East of our country were truly amazing.

Sad that you couldn't cover Mizoram and Tripura. Hopefully, that will be covered in your next visit to North East.

Wish you both many more safe trips.

Mesmerising travelogue.

I used to read the Kohima-Imphal highway used to remain blocked due to some protests due to factions in these states. Glad to know you had open highway for most of the time.

The rear tire being new troubled you a lot.

How did you manage to clean the saddle bags when all the trucks splashed them with mud? Were you allowed to take them in hotel rooms given a mess it will create in the room.

The one word to describe this travelogue would be, an odyssey.

Very detailed and insightful, from someone who is familiar with the cultures of Assam and the North-East of India. Your stomach for adventure (as well as tea, rice and chicken / pork curry :)) is massive, and so are your energy levels. Loved reading the whole travelogue, and the photographs and videos were interesting too. The details are especially pertinent for me, since I've been considering doing a trip to the N-E states for a long time now, except that taking a huge break such as you did is pretty much impossible for us at present. We just drove in and flew out of Guwahati last week, but that's a story still in the AL for now.

Take a bow, Nandita & Atul.

Wow, what a travelogue. I especially loved your Vlog in youtube. Waiting for further days of video hope you able to edit and publish soon.

I was wondering why with every meal you guys are having tea and then I read that you are from Assam, being a fellow Assamese living in Bangalore I can understand that Tea will be preferred beverage. This Tlog certainly helps me plan for a trip of my motherland sometime soon.

Excellent pictures and narration. Atul & Nandita, you guys have lived what many simply just cant even dream of. Your tlog and pictures brought back fond memories of my stay in NE from 2013 to 2017 and all the places that we visited. I could actually feel it while you passed through so many known locations and towns visited by us during our stay.
But doing it on a bike, the insane distances you drove in a day, nothing but simply awesome. Kudos, and wish you both many many more miles of exploration and safe riding. Cheers.

Kudos and respects! That's an incredible journey and even a more incredible narration. That travelogue could be a guide book to anyone travelling to the north east! The details, the pictures everything was super proffesional. Maybe we will be seeing this all out in form of a book from you!!you inspire us to do these trips too not the 10k kms one though!have forwarded to many of my friends, hoping it inspires them to have our own North eat sujorn in the near future! thanks for sharing!

@nandita_bayan21 and atul.ktm, I hereby request dear moderator Rehaan to gift you two a pair of Live to Ride t shirts on behalf of all Bhpians. For, those words speak truly of what constitutes a major part of your life.

What an excellent (and no doubt epic)
  1. Couple!
  2. Journey!!
  3. Travelogue!!!
As always, a pleasure to read through your descriptive documentation. Wish you million more miles of riding together.

As a lighter aside, I am sure you know of a custom wherein a newly wed husband is supposed to carry his wife onto a temple located atop a hill. I have a sneaking suspicion that Atul forgot to fulfill this ritual and is paying for it by taking Nandita on his bike to the nooks and corners of the country!

A representative video:
https://youtu.be/W6CK7HDuKCU