Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2018, 22:07   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Amazingly magnificent & enchantingly awesome North East India - A 10,000 km Ride!

Wow! Wow! wat a travelogue. Hats off to you both covering so much of distances most of the days. So many KMS every day & clicking such excellent snaps, shows your passion and attitude.
Surprise is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 23:09   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Amazingly magnificent & enchantingly awesome North East India - A 10,000 km Ride!

Wonderful snaps and amazing report. Quite informative and equally inspiring. 10,000 kms is not child's play. That it was on a bike, makes you and Atul deserve a standing ovation.

I have been to Tawang, the tracks to Sungetsar lake and Bumla. I also wrote a little travelogue on my humble journey. In that I did mention:

Quote:
You can reach Tawang in many ways.
1. A few fly in to Tawang on a helicopter from Guwahati (service available only on Saturdays). I would call them, the wisest lot. Praise to thee. I fail to see the fun in that though. Still, praise to thee.

2. Then, many fly to Tezpur/ Guwahati and hire a cab to scale the mighty mountains towering ahead. You get cabs from organised tourist agents/ operators at Guwahati.
You can also take a shared jeep/ Sumo from Tezpur (starts at 0530). These shared jeeps/ Sumos cover the whole distance from Tezpur to Tawang in a single day!! Unless you are used to travelling on high ranges, I wouldn't recommend this as it takes a toll on your body.

3. A few others are crazy enough to drive their own cars up the treacherous, barren, boulder laden road to creep up the hills (I am of that variety). The suspension sure takes a pat during the transit up an down the winding roads, (or what is left of them).

4. A few more of the more adventurous kind, ride it up on their bikes . All I can say is that their spines and posteriors deserve a standing salute!!
Hats off guys! Take a bow.
dhanushmenon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 01:13   #63
Senior - BHPian

As usual, a great ride and spectacular pictures and tlog! Appreciate the patience to jot everything down so well Nandita.

And Atul - hats off to you man for riding such a long distance with a pillion and luggage to boot. Glad to see that the bike didn't have one issue on the road - except for those pesky punctures.

When I started reading, I saw you mention the photocopy of the marriage certificate. I was like but looks like you did face that harassment. That is sad but glad it wasn't too much of an issue. But I can imagine how frustrating it must have been to be hassled like that at the end of a long, tiring ride.

Just some of my random thoughts/observations:

1. The cleaning/washing of the saddlebags at the end of every ride
2. Did you have some sort of seat cover or gel seat for the pillion? Asking cause those straps can really start hurting otherwise
3. You mention so much of tea drinking! I've always carried Gatorade or something that will give back those lost salts.
4. What was the temperature at the coldest place?
5. Did the bags touch the tyre anytime? A pannier rack maybe?

All in all, very good travelogue guys. You really keep raising the bar every time.

Oh and a last concern - didn't you guys cut it very close by having to ride that far on the last day. And to go to office the next day!?

Last edited by naveenroy : 12th October 2018 at 01:17.
naveenroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 09:51   #64
Team-BHP Support

Nandita & Atul,

This is amazing, I spent 4 hours yesterday on this thread, the details and narration are absolutely fantastic, it never felt that I am reading something, it was as if I saw your experiences through your eyes. You guys need to leave your Jobs and start something in writing/ adventure travel (unless you are already).

If Kawasaki is reading this, they should make you guys their Brand Ambassadors!

One thing I am not able to visualise though is you sitting on the pillion with all the stuff Do you have any pictures of yours sitting in the rear?

Another request, if you can share more details about the kind of equipment you used for travel, like bags, biking wear & photography with the links to purchase it will be great for lazy guys like me.

If you happen to make a Trip sometime to North, It will be an honour to meet you guys and be your host for a day.
Turbanator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 10:37   #65
BHPian

Many long distance travelogues get covered in 3/4th of a page in the travelogue section here on the forum. Then you have mega travelogues that spill over to the second page.

And then we have this!!! Two and a half pages of amazing photos and heart-felt narration. Take a bow you two.

It requires close to super-human effort in doing the ride that you did. And an equally super-human effort to process all the photos and videos that you have taken.

Amazing!!!
BeantownThinker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 10:41   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
Many long distance travelogues get covered in 3/4th of a page in the travelogue section here on the forum. Then you have mega travelogues that spill over to the second page.

And then we have this!!! Two and a half pages of amazing photos and heart-felt narration. Take a bow you two.

It requires close to super-human effort in doing the ride that you did. And an equally super-human effort to process all the photos and videos that you have taken.

Amazing!!!
Rightly said. Doing ride is one thing, but processing pics and videos is quite another and requires lot of time and patience. I struggle to make a 10 mins video out of the couple of hours video that I have shot on the rides. Doing so of 26 days ride is next to impossible for me.
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 11:10   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Nandita, Other than being a superb motor cycle rider you are quite a photographer. .All the best for the rest of the trip. Safe miles.
V.Narayan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 12:27   #68
Senior - BHPian

An epic journey, wonderful and very detailed travelogue.
Thanks Atul and Nandita for sharing such a great experience.
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 12:44   #69
BHPian

Phew... Thats an awesome travelogue. Beautifully written, explained and captured. The bike did what it was supposed to be built for. Had a great time reading this, thanks a ton for this lovely travelogue. All the very best for your future endeavors.
nanju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 13:55   #70
BHPian

What a wonderful trip and a fantastic description of your experience !, Congratulations and hats off to both of you. You just inspired me and rekindled my dream to go to Thailand from Bangalore, by road.
The Observer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 19:32   #71
BHPian

Now thats whats called a Travelogue! Congrats guys. Am wondering if you can better this next time.

Now I'm gonna show this to my wife hoping I can convince her on a long ride...
loki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 20:26   #72
BHPian

And the award for the longest travelogue goes to...
Jokes aside, firstly hats off to you guys, your courage, tenacity & perseverance. When I was reading the part about Vizag & Kolkata, I was thinking Ok, these guys have not made the best of the decisions, this may be a disaster. But the closer you got to the North East, the better it became. And boy, what photos, especially of Tawang, Tinsukia, Manipur & Mizoram side. You guys have given me major road tripping goals. Unfortunately, you got royally conned in Kolkata, should've stuck it up to the cops. One of the most unfortunate part of our country, people misusing their power & taking advantage of others' situation for personal monetary gain.

Quote:
I wouldn’t agree much to this quote – “When you go home, tell them of us and say, for their tomorrow, we gave our glory”.
It's actually "we gave our today".
superbad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2018, 00:42   #73
Team-BHP Support

Wow! What a journey!

Thoroughly enjoyed going through the entire Travelogue.
Absolutely loved the narration, the pictures, the videos...

Kudos to you guys for having the perseverance - for taking the time out from day-to-day life, for having the patience and the right attitude to go through this amazing journey!

Getting to experience different, not so well explored parts of India and yet; striving through pitfalls, not letting them bog you down but coming out stronger and rich with experience on the other side.

Your Travelogues are always a treat and with this one you've just raised the bar.
Defintely hope we see many more such Travelogues on the adventures of Nandita, Atul & the Hulk!
aah78 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2018, 08:30   #74
BHPian

Hats off to your passion for travelling and sharing such a beautiful and detailed account of your travel. The pics are great to say the least.
It also shows your love for biking. How do you manage two on board with so much luggage?
PraNeel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2018, 11:48   #75
BHPian

Wonderful account of the trip.
Great to see the tenacity of doing this arduous trip.
Do keep documenting your trips.
deepak_misra is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed