Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2018, 21:38   #31
BHPian

Re: S-Cross'd : Birthday Drive - BR Hills, MM Hills, Hogenakkal Falls, Stanley and Mettur

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
I have been with teambhp logging my travelogues for almost a decade now. My kids my two tiny girls were code named PowerPuff Girls or PPGs.

Their escapades with their dadda made them known to almost the regular loyalists of my travelogues as PPGs.

You have almost 50 odd travelogues to read and catch up
Thanks for clarifying the acronym used. Its great that you take your kids along for most of your drives.

However, it would great if you can add the full form of such acronyms at least once in your future posts. Just to help members new to your travelogues.
Old 8th August 2018, 13:28   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: S-Cross'd : Birthday Drive - BR Hills, MM Hills, Hogenakkal Falls, Stanley and Mettur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
Thanks for clarifying the acronym used. Its great that you take your kids along for most of your drives.

However, it would great if you can add the full form of such acronyms at least once in your future posts. Just to help members new to your travelogues.

. Noted, will be taken care
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 15:01   #33
BHPian

Laluks,
Once again, a beautiful travelogue !
I have been to B.R hills and never thought of this route to Hogennekkal. Thanks for sharing.
Beautiful photos.
By the way do you enjoy "Civved" more or "S-cross'd" more ?
srikrishna717 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 15:39   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikrishna717 View Post
Laluks,
Once again, a beautiful travelogue !
I have been to B.R hills and never thought of this route to Hogennekkal. Thanks for sharing.
Beautiful photos.
By the way do you enjoy "Civved" more or "S-cross'd" more ?
Thanks srikrishna.

With regards to your question, both cars have its charm. Civic was enjoyable in my younger days with adrenaline rushing on speeds, flooring the throttle, sling shots etc.. I could take risks, live on the edge etc. Now though I like speeds, I need to have a restraint, so cautiously took my Kungfu Panda to sober down. But fact is that he is been driven around like a swift civic, and he is no slouch either.

So answer is both have its charm and I love it the same. Real estate for family is still the same in both the cars, and that is what mattered, and matters
Old 9th August 2018, 14:33   #35
BHPian

Lalu, nice to see you back on Team-BHP with another amazing travelogue. Convey my birthday wishes to Sr.PPG. I distinctly remember the first travelogue I read on this forum was your Vagamon trip log and PPGs were little kids then. Time truly flies.
Few youngsters, leave alone middle aged men can manage to cover such distances in a single day. It takes a special love for driving and accommodating family to complete such trips. Coming to the trip, the pictures of the loaded sky and the dense forests beneath at BR hills temple was incredible. The video shot from the watch tower at Hogenakkal falls was really scary with the water levels.
Agree with you 100% on visiting Hogenakkal from TN side(think i have gone there twice, once in 1999 and in 2015). Both times have felt miserable with the crowds, touts, restaurants etc. After reading your travelogue, would love to visit the falls from KA side. What exactly is the location/name of the place on the Karnataka side, where we need to reach to visit the falls and the watch tower. I will be travelling from Tirupur via Mettur Dam.
venkatt1800 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 12:38   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatt1800 View Post
Lalu, nice to see you back on Team-BHP with another amazing travelogue. Convey my birthday wishes to Sr.PPG. I distinctly remember the first travelogue I read on this forum was your Vagamon trip log and PPGs were little kids then. Time truly flies.
Few youngsters, leave alone middle aged men can manage to cover such distances in a single day. It takes a special love for driving and accommodating family to complete such trips. Coming to the trip, the pictures of the loaded sky and the dense forests beneath at BR hills temple was incredible. The video shot from the watch tower at Hogenakkal falls was really scary with the water levels.
Agree with you 100% on visiting Hogenakkal from TN side(think i have gone there twice, once in 1999 and in 2015). Both times have felt miserable with the crowds, touts, restaurants etc. After reading your travelogue, would love to visit the falls from KA side. What exactly is the location/name of the place on the Karnataka side, where we need to reach to visit the falls and the watch tower. I will be travelling from Tirupur via Mettur Dam.
Thanks Venkat.
Please find the route details from Mettur Dam to KA side of the falls. You have to go via Gopinatham. Its about 60Kms from Mettur Dam. I have made a google map routing and the link is this

S-Cross'd : Birthday Drive - BR Hills, MM Hills, Hogenakkal Falls, Stanley and Mettur-mettoorhogenakkal-ka.jpg

Last edited by laluks : 10th August 2018 at 12:40.
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 13:31   #37
BHPian

Thanks for the assistance, Lalu. Much appreciated.
venkatt1800 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 14:56   #38
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful photolog Lalu. So much packed in to one day, respect your spirit and endurance level. Birthday wished to Sr PPG, seeing them after long time.

Kungfu Panda - is that a new addition to the stable, I am sure you won't let the trusted Civic go.
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 15:52   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Wonderful photolog Lalu. So much packed in to one day, respect your spirit and endurance level. Birthday wished to Sr PPG, seeing them after long time.

Kungfu Panda - is that a new addition to the stable, I am sure you won't let the trusted Civic go.
Thank You. Long Time No see
Will convey the wishes to Sr. PPG

I got an offer which I could not refuse for Civvy and he is gone since end of 2017. Kungfu Panda keeps me sober, and also very happy on Bangalore roads (read craters )
Old 10th August 2018, 16:20   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Thank You. Long Time No see
Will convey the wishes to Sr. PPG

I got an offer which I could not refuse for Civvy and he is gone since end of 2017. Kungfu Panda keeps me sober, and also very happy on Bangalore roads (read craters )
Lalu without Civic! I thought you folks were inseparable .

I too had the same feeling while moving from 320 to Fortuner, not worried out the Bangalore road anymore.

Keep motoring with Panda and it will help you scale new heights.

Hoping to meet soon.
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 08:09   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Lalu without Civic! I thought you folks were inseparable .

I too had the same feeling while moving from 320 to Fortuner, not worried out the Bangalore road anymore.

Keep motoring with Panda and it will help you scale new heights.

Hoping to meet soon.
I also thought that we would not part. But then life has it's own decisions for us. I wanted to sober down, and wanted a very practical car with great peace of mind. Kungfu Panda ticked all my requirements.

Me and my kungfu Panda completed a 1200km drive yesterday
Old 14th August 2018, 16:35   #42
BHPian

At the cost of sounding too filmy can I say "Wishwas nahin hota ke yeh itni badi ho gayi hain? (I can't believe that these two have grown up so much that Sr PPG is a college goer now)"

Having read most of your travelogues, it almost seems like I have seen the PPGs growing up through the years.

Being a father of two daughters myself, this is immensely motivating and something that I would like to replicate once mine are older enough to travel long distance alone.

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
jsrakkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 18:29   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrakkar View Post
At the cost of sounding too filmy can I say "Wishwas nahin hota ke yeh itni badi ho gayi hain? (I can't believe that these two have grown up so much that Sr PPG is a college goer now)"

. ...would like to replicate once mine are older enough to travel long distance alone.

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
Thanks Jaspreet
Am on a drive these days

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks