Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2018, 23:33   #16
BHPian

Re: Drive to the Norwegian Landscapes | 5 Days | 1700 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
Norway offers some of the most striking landscapes on our planet any time of the year. Magnificent fjords, pristine lakes, snow capped mountains, and the northern lights, scenes straight out of fairy tales. Thanks for sharing. Some of your shots appear like miniature.
Thanks. Those miniature type pictures are taken with my drone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payaniga View Post
Wow! What a beautiful country it is! Thanks for sharing this. You are a lucky person to drive amidst beautiful landscapes.

Is Indian DL sufficient to drive in Norway?
Any license which is in roman alphabets are acceptable by the car rental company. Saying that Indian license is acceptable as long as they can read your name and the number. However Euro car didnt give me a car both in Amsterdam and Oslo. I changed by bookings to Sixt in Norway.

I usually book with rentalcars.com. The customer service is very helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Beautiful pictures Uprasenjit. Will definitely add Norway to the bucket list before we leave Europe. What were the options apart from RAV4? The RAV4 does not sound too exciting for those fantastic roads
RAV4 was boring, a hybrid which doesnt want to move. But it had a sports mode which was nice. Given an option I will always want to drive a hot hatch. But as reignofchaos said the speed limit is 80 on the highways

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh.8984 View Post
These pictures are just out of the world. How lucky you are (and dare I say you made your luck here). This is definitely on my bucket list now looking at the beautiful landscapes and roads traversing through them. I plan to move to Finland soon and I guess and I can have this one ticked off soon.

Just a query - What about DL? Can we use India DL (I head we can use it for first one year)?
Congratulations. Along with Norway do go to Iceland. Yes you can use Indian license. See my comment above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Beautiful Thread! Oslo-Flam is amazing if you take the mountain road (highway 50 I think) which has snow even in summer. The scenery is just out of the world on that road!

Yep! I drove all over Norway using my antique book type mumbai issued license .

Don't be too tempted - the speed limits on those roads are 60-80 kph and fines are heavy if you are ticketed. I personally rented a V60 diesel wagon. Was more than enough. Car rental prices and also fuel prices are probably the highest in the world in-spite of all sorts of discounts we got from the rental company.
Norway is turning into a eco friendly country and I suspect within few years they are going to ban small diesel cars. 60-70% of the personal cars are either hybrid or electric. I havent seen so many types of electric car in any other country. From VW to Hyundai everyone has their electric model running there. And Tesla too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Wow many thanks for the travelogue.

Norway has been in my radar since a long time. This travelogue will be really beneficial when I take the plunge. Any other places you suggest to be included that you might have missed visiting during this trip?

I am keen on covering the Trollstigen Mountain Road and maybe if time & budget permits, then a couple of days in Svalbard as well.
If time permits go further North - Trosmo, Lofoten. I skipped Trollstigen, Borgund Stave Church because we went to Atlantic road and had less time. What I did in 5 days needs atleast 7-8 days :(

Trollstigen is just an hour from Geiranger. Stay in Geiranger, visit Trollstigen and atlantic road in a day and come back. Geiranger is a lovely place.

Last edited by Uprasenjit : 12th September 2018 at 23:43.
Uprasenjit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2018, 12:44   #17
BHPian

What a wonderful place !! Looks even more beautiful captured in your lens. Norway should contact you for the pictures to promote tourism. Driving on the Atlantic road is something not many get to do. Kudos to you for that. You make it easy for us to sit in front of our laptop & visit Europe thru your eyes.

Keep travelling & Keep Writing !

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2018, 12:55   #18
BHPian

Amazing pictures. Would love to ride on these roads someday!
deepfreak15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2018, 16:29   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

What a travelogue! The pictures are just breathtaking.
Great to see, you living your dream life.

If we have a look at your previous travelogues, we can call you 'International Khiladi'!

Last edited by Samba : 13th September 2018 at 16:31.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2018, 17:22   #20
BHPian

Thank you @uprasenjit da for sharing this. It's such a treat to the eyes .
AKSen2015 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2018, 10:26   #21
BHPian

Superb Travelogue, well written, great pictures. You have brought Norway so lively in front of my eyes, fantastic and keep travelling, keep writing

Swami
swami69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2018, 07:53   #22
BHPian

Beautiful landscapes and wonderfully snapped with the drone uprasenjit
Could not have been possible without drone to capture those beautiful landscapes.
Norway should definitely be my wishlist to visit as I love beaches and waterfalls.
By the way can you please mention the details of your drone camera? The pics are super cool to set as desktop walls
coolmind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 21:55   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
Beautiful landscapes and wonderfully snapped with the drone uprasenjit
Could not have been possible without drone to capture those beautiful landscapes.
Norway should definitely be my wishlist to visit as I love beaches and waterfalls.
By the way can you please mention the details of your drone camera? The pics are super cool to set as desktop walls
Thanks. The drone is DJI Spark

Most Viewed