Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2018, 12:32   #16
BHPian

Re: A week in Ladakh

Amazing pictures!! I have been to Leh, but sadly was not able to capture the beauty in pictures.
And the write-up matched the pics. Beautifully balanced with the pictures.
Hats off to all of you.
Ravi Parwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2018, 12:36   #17
BHPian

Awesome travelogue and brilliant pictures. With capable photographers in the group, this isn't much of a surprise. The travelogue has brought back a new urge to visit Ladakh, which is keeping herself at bay from us every year.

And Anindya - Brilliant narration, I must say. It was like a movie playing in front of me. In some instances/conversations, I couldn't stop myself from laughing out loud, much to the surprise of "not so lucky" chaps in the cubicle on a boring Thursday. Kudos!

I felt bad for Basudeb for his sickness that forced him to stay back at Leh. But I am anticipating he may have something to narrate on his part for the 2-3 days at Leh.

Rated 5*

Last edited by gearhead_mait : 13th September 2018 at 12:38.
gearhead_mait is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2018, 12:48   #18
BHPian

You should start writing your own book.

I have heard stories from you and Debdeep da about the journey and while reading could relate to them.

Funny travelogue Wonderful pictures from everyone..
Uprasenjit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2018, 12:51   #19
BHPian

Exceptional write up Anindya. I could not stop reading it till I finished. It is difficult to control your laughter at some points. Please write more travelogues. This TL was a sort of revision since a lot of things have already been discussed during Chai meets & on WAG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Usually Ladakh pictures are better than the write-ups, but not this one! Rated 5 stars.
Couldn't agree more.

Keep travelling (not cancelling) & Keep Writing

Cheers

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2018, 12:58   #20
BHPian

Woow ! , what an experience. Beautifully compiled blog. After seeing MithunDa's epic pictures in facebook one after the other I was eagerly waiting for a detailed blog in TeamBhp. Thanks for sharing the experience. A trip to that region never fails to amaze one. Loved each one of the pictures. Keep travelling and sharing such blogs.

Last edited by ARAY : 13th September 2018 at 13:00.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2018, 13:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Awesome write-up. You do have the gift of the gab. You can actually be hired to accompany people on trips so that a brilliant narration can be captured.

On a different note, can a Ignis do this trip ? One of the main reasons for me to shift to Delhi was to roam around the North and West. While most of the places from the capital can be done in the Civic, I booked the Ignis for daily runs and the drives to the mountains (higher ground clearance).
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2018, 14:41   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
On a different note, can a Ignis do this trip ?
I'd go with yes. Shorter wheel bases handle bad terrain well. You can definitely do the places if you go through the Srinagar route and come down via Manali. We saw quite a few small cars on our trip. But Shyok riverbed will be a no, you should move from Nubra to Pangong via Leh.
cr4nkshaft is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2018, 16:55   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Ah, i was waiting for this! It came out fantastic!

5 stag Bhpians on a drive to Ladakh!

Let me give an one liner intro for this 'FAST FIVE' group !

Written by arguably one of the best writer from Kolkata Teambhp.

Most of the pics shared over here are captured by again one of the best photographer from Kolkata TeamBhp, that's none other than Bhpian Dip27in.

Bhpian Mi2n, the man with ultimate sense of humour!

Bhpian JKDS, the person who will have some relief material or solution for any situation!

Bhpian DJR , the only normal & balanced person in your group!

This travelogue reminds me of our Ladakh drive in 2015! We were 9 people with six cars! Oh yes we all 'Live to Drive'.

A week in Ladakh-img_7734.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 13th September 2018 at 17:01.
Samba is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th September 2018, 17:20   #24
BHPian

This is beautiful. Anindya da your writing is impeccable and the photos are to die for. One day when I can, this is surely on the bucket list.

Thank you for sharing this

Last edited by bblost : 13th September 2018 at 17:22. Reason: Corrected a small typo.
AKSen2015 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2018, 21:56   #25
BHPian

This is no less than a short story, writen in the most artistic form with superb editorial skills. Excellent writeup coupled with some breathtaking frames has given this travelogue a different dimension. One of the best I have read so far here. Debdeep should print the photographs. Anindya should screen mirror this on a large screen TV and appreciate his creation one more time. Congratulations to all members of the trip for offering us a fantastic reading experience. Regards.

Last edited by himadrimondal : 13th September 2018 at 22:13.
himadrimondal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th September 2018, 03:02   #26
Team-BHP Support

I read the travelogue again on a Macbook and saw the pictures in full screen. They are beyond adjectives. I take back my previous words, the pictures are as good as the write-up. Samba has got serious competition, if not surpassed
BlackPearl is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th September 2018, 06:57   #27
BHPian

I usually do not have the patience to read through entire travelogues and skim through the pictures. This one is an exception and I enjoyed reading through the entire journey and experience. The pictures taken are brilliant. Makes me want to go there so badly.

You may want to consider selling the TUV pic “just before Nubra” to Mahindra😊.

It was worth “getting Lehd” 😊. Keep traveling and keep writing , cheers!!
shiva75 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2018, 09:03   #28
Senior - BHPian

An excellent travelogue with amazing photographs. Loved the style of storytelling.

Keep travelling and keep writing.
Thanks.
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2018, 11:17   #29
BHPian

Amazing travelogue, the pic of the TUV just before reaching Nubra takes the cake!
Srikji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2018, 14:08   #30
BHPian

Impeccable and eloquent write-up! I have gone through the TL about a dozen times now and every time it felt new, every time a different paragraph grabbed my attention. I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed the trip itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4nkshaft View Post
25th August - To Pangong
To make matters worse, EB was closely inspecting the car and the tires at the other end and didn't think of coming back.

Misinformation! I tell you guys! DJ crossed the bed first on foot and I told him, we should go back for the others as the crossing was not a very serious obstacle. DJ assured that they'll cross over fine just like he did. On the other hand, while I took over the helm from DD, I fail to understand why the rest got off from the car in the first place. After all, I crossed over with some extra flamboyance hoping they would photograph the feat and I would get a few memorabilia to keep. All I got instead was their rant.

Quote:
21st August - On the way to Leh
I can not speak of other people in our group, but, to me, the scenes were completely new! I mean, we all have seen mountains and barren lands and riverbeds, but somehow this was all different, even alien!

Yes, you can speak the same for me too. We were stopping every few hundred meters, not always to take photos, but often, purely and simply awestruck by the surroundings.

Quote:
I mention this specifically as I managed to do two things which EB was not able to do with his own car.

1. Scrape the bottom
2. Drive through Khardung La
Grrrrr

Quote:
28th August - Back to Delhi

DJ, BB, DD, EB, I want to take this opportunity to thank you all for bearing with my constant chattering. As people have noted before I have a lot of pent up energy within me, and talking is how I blow off steam. This was a dream come true for me, visiting Ladakh and driving there, and I am sure I could not have better trip mates. I also hope my wife somehow misses the last line.

I would like to thank you guys too. It was a trip of a lifetime and would not have been possible without each individual participating wholeheartedly during planning and execution. We had immense fun, mostly at the expense of each other. We walked through all the thick and thin with a wide grin on our faces always. End of the day, that is what counts.

Last edited by mi2n : 14th September 2018 at 14:09.
mi2n is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed