Team-BHP - A week in Ladakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   A week in Ladakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/201685-week-ladakh-3.html)

Every Ladakh travelogue is like another spark trying to reignite the lost fire in many of us, one more time, to visit the beautiful place. Good work!

As my mind was bustling with superlatives to eulogize this "piece of prose", I realised that childishly cramming up all synonyms of the word "great" in one single paragraph might be plain embarrassing and irritating for the writer.
Thus, I will just say WONDERFUL!

Anindya your writing skills are exceptional. I felt so good reading every line. Its like reading an engaging adventure story. I must also say, the photography skills of the respective owners are phenomenal. Loved them all.

Am really surprised by your choice of words and the humor associated with each paragraph. That definitely does not undermine the awesome, breath-taking photographs that you have posted. Let me be very very honest in saying that this is the first travelogue where i have enjoyed reading more than the snaps. Goes on to show your writing skills which can keep anyone spellbound for a long long time. Must say that you are blessed to have written all your thoughts so beautifully.

Thanks for sharing the travelogue. Did you guys have any punctures or any problem with the cars ? Did you carry 2 extra tyres ?

Wonderful write up and spell binding snaps. Kudos to the crew :thumbs up
It seemed that you were a set of professional photographers culled into two cars. Great work there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by M00M (Post 4462171)
Thanks for sharing the travelogue. Did you guys have any punctures or any problem with the cars ? Did you carry 2 extra tyres ?

We traveled with normal set of extra tire that comes with the car. Thankfully, we did not have any punctures, due to careful driving, and a little bit of luck.
From Kolkata we did carry a small toolkit, wrench, socket and screwdriver set, spare filters but none of them were used.
And BBB had almost everything in it, save maybe pistons and drive shafts. I have personally seen spare mirrors in there. lol:

Extremely well written Anindya. Lovely pictures by the travelers.

The trip reminds me of ours, two years back at around the same time. We missed on Nubra Valley but included Tso Moriri and Hanle. We will need to make another trip to visit Nubra, Hunder and the route via Zozi La as the curfew was on back then.

This TL certainly makes me want to start the planning phase for our next trip to the Himalayas :)

Amazing experience just to read the entire travelogue. Mind-blowing and spellbinding. You guys have reinforced, people like me, to 'Just do it'.
The photographs are amazing and now, I feel so silly with my DSLR. The worst problem I face that in my usual travel group, i am the only decent photographer, but with my craze to drive the former effort lacks.
By the way, I am going to copy paste this link and send to my non-Team BHP friends and possibly hope to ignite a fire in them to get Leh'd.

Superb TL Anindya. Please travel more and write more.

The landscapes were captured really beautifully.
Iam sorry that at first I could not read the travelogue as I was just going through the pictures mesmerized in the first round. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cr4nkshaft (Post 4458624)
... I'm sure there's a small nuclear reactor somewhere under the rear seat powering all this, but I couldn't find it. It was also stuffed with everything one may need for an African safari for a few months. ...

Brilliant! :D I guess, your hard-hitting yet subtle sense of humor has given your travelogue a different dimension altogether. I thoroughly enjoyed your writing. Of course, the photos are superb too. May be you should start now canceling those cancellations!

Best,

Quote:

Originally Posted by cr4nkshaft (Post 4458623)
Life is hard. As a certain Mr. Murphy would say, anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. No matter how much you plan and try to accommodate something, rarely anything happens smoothly. Such is the nature of our lives. But, there is a feature in modern video games, where if you are stuck at a certain place for some time, the game will give you some slack. The enemies bullets will go off target, the obstacles will be a little lower, you will run a little faster and jump a little higher, and get past that stage. Rarely, very rarely, life follows the same principle. This trip was one such case. We faced so many obstacles before or during this trip, but somehow they were crossed by the tiniest of margins, and at the end we all were back home, safe and sound. Thank you, life, for the break. We really needed it.

Excellent travelogue with impeccable narrative and amazing photographs.clap: Noticed this travelogue a bit late and that was after reading the one by Mithun Da (TUV300: Final Frontier). Both the Bolero and TUV 300 compliment each other very well throughout the Ladakh sojourn. The modifications on the Bolero makes it stand apart. Although I too had my share of Ladakh adventure way back in 2016 in a Swift Dzire (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...uti-dzire.html) but still nonetheless each and every travelogue about this amazing land makes one yearing for more. Such is the mystic associated with Ladakh. Thanks alot for sharing. Wish you many many more miles of pleasant journeys. Rated 5*s.

Regards

Such a wonderfully narrated travelogue, this is indeed one of the best Ladakh travel stories I have come across! The pictures are mesmerising; while most Ladakh snaps usually are stunning, these ones are at a different level.
And while we all say that "a picture is worth a thousand words", I could read this travelogue a thousand times over and still not get bored! Congratulations Anindya, on your new job, and on a great piece of writing (although it's a pity that you have taken a regular job - you could take up writing as a full time profession! :) )
Rated a very well deserved - 5 stars.

Excellent narration, both in terms of choice of words (not to forget the humour attached with it) as well as the pictures, which were droolworthy. I agree with some posts on this thread that you can very well write a book on this road trip given that (and admitted by you yourself) that the crazy amount if energy you have, you prefer to pen it down. Anyhow, many thanks for sharing this beautiful travelogue and taking us on a virtual trip, literally !

Reading through your TL gave been goosebumps. Anindya, well your writing skills are exceptional and needs mention.
One of the well written TLs I have gone through in team-bhp. We all travel freaks will never agree to being a co passenger for a trip like Ladakh but you agreed and proved the advantages of being a co traveller by noting down the minutest of details and giving us an awesome Travelogue.
I will kidnap you and take you in my next trip lol: