Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2018, 01:58   #1
BHPian

Nandi - My Dominar 400 takes me to Trimbakeshwar

"No matter how bad your day is, your bike will always make you feel better" - Anonymous.

Prologue
It had been almost a month since I had shifted to Nashik from Bangalore to pursue my MBA, and the hectic schedule of college did not permit me to take Nandi out frequently. I was busy with my day-to-day routine, while Nandi was resting (read waiting impatiently to be taken out) in a corner of the college parking. It is not used to this resting, as it was used to a running of almost 20 kilometers a day when in Bangalore; weekend rides used to be a bonus, and used to keep Nandi as well as his humble owner happy!

One fine Saturday evening, when I approached a dust-smeared Nandi with a cloth in my hand, I could sense the frown and anguish that Nandi was filled with, after all, it had done a run of merely 50 kilometers in last one month! I almost immediately decided to give him a chance to stretch his legs on the highway, but where to? I dusted him, and promised Nandi with a ride the next morning before returning to my hostel room.

Once back in room, the brainstorming for next day's destination began. The ride needed to be a short one, but an interesting one as well. Since the day I had landed in Nashik, my mom had been continuously asking me to pay a visit to Trimbakeshwar, and thus, in the next few minutes, Trimbakeshwar was finalized as the destination for the ride. A friend also agreed to accompany me for the ride.

Quote:
Source:Wikipedia
Trimbakeshwar or Tryambakeshwar is an ancient Hindu temple in the town of Trimbak, in the Trimbakeshwar tehsil in the Nashik District of Maharashtra, India, 28 km from the city of Nashik and 40 km from nashik road. It is dedicated to the god Shiv and is one of the twelve Jyotirlingas, where the Hindu genealogy registers at Trimbakeshwar, Maharashtra are kept. The origin of the sacred Godavari river is near Trimbak.
Teaser 1 - A satisfied and gleeful Nandi!
Nandi - My Dominar 400 takes me to Trimbakeshwar-img_20180805_0748450101.jpeg

Last edited by GTO : 12th September 2018 at 17:04. Reason: As requested :)
Shekhar2509 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 02:14   #2
BHPian

Re: Nandi - My Dominar 400 takes me to Trimbakeshwar

The Ride Day
Come Sunday morning and I was up by 5 a.m., excited just like a kid who had just got back his favorite toy! Within no time, I was all ready and set for the ride! By 6:15 a.m., I, along with my friend, started for the ride. I was a bit apprehensive as the sky was overcast. Once we hit the highway, all worries and apprehensions vanished in thin air; the highways in Maharashtra are really good and offer really great view! I had decided to keep this ride a low speed one, so that i could soak in the maximum of the beauty around.

Teaser 2 - The highway
Nandi - My Dominar 400 takes me to Trimbakeshwar-img_20180805_08033701.jpeg

Ride log - 5th August, 2018
The tarmac is well laid and riding/driving on such well laid roads is always fun! Being in the midst of the Western Ghats, the view offered is drool-worthy, and thus riding/driving in such routes is addictive!
Directions
Nandi - My Dominar 400 takes me to Trimbakeshwar-route.png

Though the ride was just 27 kilometers long, it was beautiful and had some ghat sections. I took a good 60 minutes to cover these 27 kilometers, taking multiple photo breaks on the way. The view was overwhelming in each section of the road. The ride was exciting, and pretty uneventful, except for some photo breaks.

Once in Trimbakeshwar, I parked the bike in the parking lot right in front of the temple. The shops around the temple have a very convenient facility where you can store your helmets, bags, mobiles and riding gear in the shop for a small amount; I paid just around 100 bucks to store all of these! After buying some prasad, and the darshan tickets, we headed into the temple. The atmosphere inside the temple courtyard was so soothing and calm. One needs to walk a bit in the courtyard to reach the sanctum-sanctorum. It's entirely a differently world inside; the atmosphere all filled with peace and calmness!

After spending a good 15-20 minutes inside the temple, we came out, had some breakfast, and decided to visit the origin of river Godavari.

Last edited by Shekhar2509 : 11th September 2018 at 15:56.
Shekhar2509 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 15:52   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Godavari:
The Godavari is India's second longest river after the Ganga. Its source is in Triambakeshwar, Maharashtra.[4] It flows east for 1,465 kilometres (910 mi) draining the states of Maharashtra (48.6%), Telangana (18.8%), Andhra Pradesh (4.5%), Chhattisgarh (10.9%), Madhya Pradesh (10.0%), Odisha (5.7%), Karnataka (1.4%) and Puducherry (Yanam) and emptying into Bay of Bengal through its extensive network of tributaries.[5] Measuring up to 312,812 km2 (120,777 sq mi), it forms one of the largest river basins in the Indian subcontinent, with only the Ganges and Indus rivers having a larger drainage basin.[6] In terms of length, catchment area and discharge, the Godavari river is the largest in peninsular India, and had been dubbed as the Dakshina Ganga – Ganges of the South.[7]
Source: Wikipedia
The source of Godavari (aka Gautami Ganga) is located on the peak of Brahmagiri, which is around 4-5 kilometers ride from Trimbakeshwar temple. According to the Hindu mythology, Lord Trayambakeshwara (a manifestation of the Shiva), diverted the Ganges to wash away the sins of sage Gautam. The entire route to the origin of Godavari is a narrow ghat section, followed by a trek of almost 2 kilometers. The trek is mildly difficult, but worth it. I will let some pics do the rest of the talking.

Nandi and the amazing weather
Nandi - My Dominar 400 takes me to Trimbakeshwar-img_20180805_08034101.jpeg

The Sacred Trayambakeshwar Temple
Nandi - My Dominar 400 takes me to Trimbakeshwar-img_20180805_08162101.jpeg

A view of the Brahmagiri peak
Nandi - My Dominar 400 takes me to Trimbakeshwar-img_20180805_0939300101.jpeg

Ye kis kavi ki kalpana ka chamatkaar hai!
Nandi - My Dominar 400 takes me to Trimbakeshwar-img_20180805_10001301.jpeg

Beautiful enough to put the senses back in order
Nandi - My Dominar 400 takes me to Trimbakeshwar-img_20180805_10250901.jpeg

Trek to sage Gautam's cave
Nandi - My Dominar 400 takes me to Trimbakeshwar-img_20180805_10132301.jpeg

Yours Truly (RHS)
Nandi - My Dominar 400 takes me to Trimbakeshwar-img_20180805_10271101.jpeg

We completed the entire trek in around 3 hours, and were the mind was once back in the frame to comprehend and take things inside it. The ride back was again uneventful and we didn't take any breaks in between as it had started to drizzle mildly. Back in the campus by 12:30 p.m., I was a satisfied and gratified man after the ride, though it had been a very short one! Nandi was sent back to its hibernation place (read parking lot). I had promised to take him on a longer ride very soon, let's see when I am able to fulfill it!

Till then,
Cheers!

Last edited by Shekhar2509 : 11th September 2018 at 17:14.
Shekhar2509 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 08:23   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Travelogues Section. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed