Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2018, 18:51   #31
BHPian

Re: S-Cross'd : A Ferry Ride and Jog Falls

Awesome pics laluks! Epic trips, with unrehearsed plans are perfect.
Kungfu Panda in such picturesque locations just made the day, white and lush green combination looks deadly. Sad to hear the gates were not open during this peak season. Did the authorities site any reason? Keep travelling and sharing such wonderful blogs.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 20:45   #32
BHPian

Wonderful travelogue as usual laluks !!

Though I have seen these places many times, your posts give me a different perspective and make me wonder is this really the same place, you capture the same beauty with more care and special vision

It reminded me of the my trip to Kodachadri and ferry ride from the other side.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...odachadri.html (Hummer’s Travel: In the cradle of the Western Ghats @ Kodachadri)

Right time you visited these places, I am planning YAANA this Dasara.
hummer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 07:58   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Great travelogue, all done and dusted in a day. I thought my trip over the weekend of around 1200 kms was an achievement, now its put in perspective
My first drive of 60Kms from Trivandrum to Quilon is still considered as a major achievement. That is one road I never wish to drive! Bombay Bangalore 1000Kms some guys do in 12 hours or less. Good roads. So everything is unique, and 1200 Kms over a weekend is great stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
Awesome pics laluks! Epic trips, with unrehearsed plans are perfect.
Kungfu Panda in such picturesque locations just made the day, white and lush green combination looks deadly. Sad to hear the gates were not open during this peak season. Did the authorities site any reason? Keep travelling and sharing such wonderful blogs.
They did not state any reason, I was told it was open for a week from Independence day. Probably they thought that's enough fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
Wonderful travelogue as usual laluks !!

Though I have seen these places many times, your posts give me a different perspective and make me wonder is this really the same place, you capture the same beauty with more care and special vision

It reminded me of the my trip to Kodachadri and ferry ride from the other side.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...odachadri.html (Hummer’s Travel: In the cradle of the Western Ghats @ Kodachadri)

Right time you visited these places, I am planning YAANA this Dasara.
Thanks hummer. You stole my words. We look for something which makes us happy, smaller things. That makes our drive memorable.

Kodachadri is one place I have to do a trekking. Your log gave me some good ideas, and hopefully the rains have not battered the region badly.
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 08:42   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
[b]B]
Bangalore - Ranebennur - Hirekerur - Siddapura - Jog Falls
Thanks for the detailed write-up, I see that you had a good time. I intend to visit later this week, I see that you took NH and deviated at Ranebennur - How is the road condition thereon?
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 08:47   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Thanks for the detailed write-up, I see that you had a good time. I intend to visit later this week, I see that you took NH and deviated at Ranebennur - How is the road condition thereon?
Roads are good.

You can assess from this video of the route

Video speeds are advanced for shorter viewing time.
Old 25th September 2018, 19:27   #36
BHPian

lalu, as usual excellent pictures telling many stories.

We had been to Jog Falls two weeks back (Sep 15th), as you said Jog Falls was an excuse to drive through.

Roads in this area are in their best condition. For a change, we avoided the ferry and took an alternate route from Shimoga via Hosanagara-Nagara-Nittur.

One can go to Kollur or Sigandur or Jog Falls taking this route, longer of course, but very scenic. Not recommended to drive during the night, as their is lot of wildlife movement.
Romins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 22:29   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Lalu Bhai, what an awesome log, as always!
Simply stupendous. Of course, goes without saying the story you scripted with your lens, as always.

Well, I for one, was surprised to see the Kunfu Panda. I didn't know that the Civvy gave way. That it has crossed 24k kms makes me feel ashamed of myself that I did not keep track of people for quite sometime! I guess I need to frequent social media more often

(Speaking of frequenting social media, I hope my wife doesn't read this )
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 06:42   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Lalu Bhai, what an awesome log, as always!
Simply stupendous. Of course, goes without saying the story you scripted with your lens, as always.

Well, I for one, was surprised to see the Kunfu Panda. I didn't know that the Civvy gave way. That it has crossed 24k kms makes me feel ashamed of myself that I did not keep track of people for quite sometime! I guess I need to frequent social media more often

(Speaking of frequenting social media, I hope my wife doesn't read this )

Thanks dhanush.
Kungfu Panda is not that old, numbers are just numbers. He never got mentioned in fb platform anyways
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 10:18   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Kodachadri is one place I have to do a trekking. Your log gave me some good ideas, and hopefully the rains have not battered the region badly.
One of my friends visited Kodachadri recently, it is as beautiful as ever. Roads are also good itseems except few small stretches after Hosanagar.

Thanks to govt declaring Kodachadri as natural heritage, no commercial activities are permitted in this region, so it is a treasure for nature lovers, you will love it, try to reach the top before sunrise.
hummer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 10:30   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
One of my friends visited Kodachadri recently, it is as beautiful as ever. Roads are also good itseems except few small stretches after Hosanagar.

Thanks to govt declaring Kodachadri as natural heritage, no commercial activities are permitted in this region, so it is a treasure for nature lovers, you will love it, try to reach the top before sunrise.

Thanks hummer for this wonderful info. Unfortunately I am blocked till end November. Let me see if I could visit in December, it would be cooler and a bit dry too
Old 2nd October 2018, 11:51   #41
BHPian

Beautifully penned down travelogue @laluks sir. I am totally in awe of your narration of your experiences while travelling and ofcourse, what you capture through your lens, that adds life to your narration.

I have been in Chennai for over an year now and have seen most of TN now. Was wondering where to visit during Dasara holidays this month apart from Mysore palace. I guess I got a couple of ideas after going through this fantastic travelogue of your's.

Many thanks for sharing !
sanyog26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2018, 11:59   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romins View Post
lalu, as usual excellent pictures telling many stories.

We had been to Jog Falls two weeks back (Sep 15th), as you said Jog Falls was an excuse to drive through.

Roads in this area are in their best condition. For a change, we avoided the ferry and took an alternate route from Shimoga via Hosanagara-Nagara-Nittur.

One can go to Kollur or Sigandur or Jog Falls taking this route, longer of course, but very scenic. Not recommended to drive during the night, as their is lot of wildlife movement.

Hi Romins, we took this route in the 1st week of Oct. Started from Shimoga, took a break at Nagara fort, reached Kollur, and retired for the night at Sigandur. Next day, reached Heggodu (Ninasam) via ferry and drove back to BLR after a visit to Mattur (near SMG).
Fantastic drive and yes, we saw hardly any vehicle in the daytime between Nagara and Kollur, barring a few 2 wheelers.
Rajesh K R is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks