Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2018, 13:16   #16
BHPian

Re: Destination Don't Care : A two day road-trip starting & ending in Hyderabad

Beautiful narration, some parts of the route I could relate so closely. CBR had been my dream bike for so long. Unpaved roads, unknown tracks have their own charm specially at night. Thanks for sharing your experience, keep travelling safely and sharing such wonderful experiences.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2018, 17:35   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
Beautiful narration, some parts of the route I could relate so closely.
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it

Quote:
CBR had been my dream bike for so long.
The CBR250 is a very comfortable tourer. Reliable. Fun to ride. Only problem, the pillion seat sucks for any ride greater than an hour

Quote:
Unpaved roads, unknown tracks have their own charm specially at night.
I agree! I was just reading some of your travelogues. I enjoyed them very much. Looking forward to reading them all. I like how you take so many pics en route to wherever. And the haunted tree at 2am pic was just the icing on the cake

Quote:
Thanks for sharing your experience, keep travelling safely and sharing such wonderful experiences.
Old 12th November 2018, 13:39   #18
BHPian

Wow what a travelogue! At some point it began to seem to me you enjoy self inflicted pain, hehe....This travelogue is as pure an expression of 'Live to Drive', as can possible be!

As for Google maps, it has sent me on so many wild goose chases and broken roads, that my wife pulls the window down and starts asking people the moment she notices me opening the app!

Also gotta say, in these times when everyone sings paeans about how wonderful our highways are, a detour can bring you back to the sad realities of how majority of our population still travels on a daily basis, and why they are never as sanguine as the headlines would have you believe. Pray a day comes when any such detour gives you nothing but butter smooth roads
avisidhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2018, 21:55   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Wow what a travelogue! At some point it began to seem to me you enjoy self inflicted pain, hehe....This travelogue is as pure an expression of 'Live to Drive', as can possible be!
Haha. Glad you enjoyed reading it

Quote:
As for Google maps, it has sent me on so many wild goose chases and broken roads, that my wife pulls the window down and starts asking people the moment she notices me opening the app!
Glad to see that I'm not the only one deceived by Google Google asks me to review every place that I go to. I just dunno why they don't do the same for the roads I take

Quote:
Also gotta say, in these times when everyone sings paeans about how wonderful our highways are, a detour can bring you back to the sad realities of how majority of our population still travels on a daily basis, and why they are never as sanguine as the headlines would have you believe. Pray a day comes when any such detour gives you nothing but butter smooth roads
True. The funny thing I see is that there seems to be no clue what parts of the road are going to be good and what parts are going to be horrible. The road quality spanned from horrible and broken to silky smooth and then to okok in the span of half an hour. It just doesn't make sense

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks