Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2018, 14:41   #16
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: To Badrinath in a Honda City

Wow that is a wonderful travelogue - crisp yet so detailed.

Any idea about the road conditions to Mana and Malari? Is November a good time to visit this part of the country?
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 15:04   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post

Any idea about the road conditions to Mana and Malari? Is November a good time to visit this part of the country?
Badrinath shrine gets closed in November.
Old 29th October 2018, 15:46   #18
BHPian

Yet another destination in my travel bucket list . Thank you for all the details covered in your log.
Old 29th October 2018, 16:34   #19
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathur2012 View Post
Badrinath shrine gets closed in November.
Yes I am aware of that. I am more keen on traveling to Mana and Malari during November.
Old 29th October 2018, 16:47   #20
BHPian

Quote:

Road condition to Mana is good. No problem. Beyond Mana, the area is under control of Defence. Badrinath closes for six months in winters and the closing date is decided on Dusshera. Winters (oct-closing date) is in my opinion the best time to visit if you can bear the cold climate. The time is off-season, less crowds and not much hustle bustle of the peak season. If there is snowfall, then it is heaven. As it is off-peak season, the traffic is also lesser and chances of getting stuck in a jam are quite remote. Go for it, I say.
autobahnjpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 17:41   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Yes I am aware of that. I am more keen on traveling to Mana and Malari during November.
You can checkout this travelogue of solo ride to Malari/Niti Pass in late winters by a fellow tbhpian(and a dear friend).
mathur2012 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 11:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Nice write up. It was simple and straight from the heart. Thanks for sharing.

I also have a 3rd gen City but I am quite apprehensive taking car to mountains. Your travelogue has instilled some confidence in me.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 12:17   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Nice write up. It was simple and straight from the heart. Thanks for sharing.

I also have a 3rd gen City but I am quite apprehensive taking car to mountains. Your travelogue has instilled some confidence in me.
You literally stole my words. The Honda City (especially the 3rd gen) is a wonderful all-rounder. Have taken it on many (less challenging) trips and it has held very well, while giving a lot of driving pleasure.
Old 1st November 2018, 14:44   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahnjpr View Post
Part III : Return Journey and Conclusion

FAQs

Q. Do you get petrol pumps along the road to badrinath?
A. Yes. Till joshimath you will get fuel station. In fact joshimath has only one pump. There are no petrol pumps (civilian) in Badrinath.
Pls note that the fuel station in Joshimath sells only Petrol. You need to drive down approx 4 kms from Joshimath for another fuel station which sells diesel.

Hence if driving a diesel vehicle, keep an eye out for a fuel station on the left side approx 4-5 kms before Joshimath and fill in your tank there.

Quote:
Road condition to Mana is good. No problem. Beyond Mana, the area is under control of Defence. Badrinath closes for six months in winters and the closing date is decided on Dusshera. Winters (oct-closing date) is in my opinion the best time to visit if you can bear the cold climate. The time is off-season, less crowds and not much hustle bustle of the peak season. If there is snowfall, then it is heaven. As it is off-peak season, the traffic is also lesser and chances of getting stuck in a jam are quite remote. Go for it, I say.
I had been there in May 2018 and had left at 5:00 AM from Joshimath for Badrinath. The Temp was 2 degrees in Joshimath when we left and approx 7 degrees when we reached Badrinath at approx 6:45 AM.

Winters would be freezing but the place is mesmerizing.

Last edited by f1fan : 1st November 2018 at 14:48.
Old 2nd November 2018, 17:43   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Part III : Return Journey and Conclusion

This was my first travelogue and I hope you enjoy reading it. Bon Voyage.
Wonderful narration!

I was contemplating a Darshan of Kedarnath, Badrinath and Valley Of Flowers by driving from Bangalore. Would like to seek your views on which would be the best month for this. As per my preliminary understanding, Kedarnath shrine isn't accessible by a Vehicle so i need to narrow down on a safe parking place before i start my Kedarnath Darshan. I guess the other 2 places are accessible by road and i can park and complete the visits.

How many days do you think i should factor for this circuit alone, leaving aside the from and to journey of Bangalore.

Request your suggestion and inputs
soumobakshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 22:23   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
Wonderful narration!

I was contemplating a Darshan of Kedarnath, Badrinath and Valley Of Flowers by driving from Bangalore. Would like to seek your views on which would be the best month for this. As per my preliminary understanding, Kedarnath shrine isn't accessible by a Vehicle so i need to narrow down on a safe parking place before i start my Kedarnath Darshan. I guess the other 2 places are accessible by road and i can park and complete the visits.

How many days do you think i should factor for this circuit alone, leaving aside the from and to journey of Bangalore.

Request your suggestion and inputs
  1. Best Months - Early April till Mid May Or September-October
  2. Accessibility - Only Badrinath can be accessed by Road. For both kedarnath and valley of flowers you have to trek. Valley of Flower trek starts 15 kms before badrinath from a place called govindghat.
  3. Number of Days - 8-10 days
autobahnjpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 00:55   #27
BHPian

Beautifully narrated experience. I was almost traveling with the writer. Such blogs come in less often. Enjoyed every bit of your experience. Doing such trails in a low slung sedan takes skills. Thanks again for sharing , keep traveling amd sharing such wonderful experiences.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2018, 11:09   #28
BHPian

I had the good fortune to visit Rishikesh for 3 days during September 2018. It was a wonderful time we had in Rishikesh.

We did a half day trip to Dev Prayag from Rishikesh. Felt so much in sync with nature and divinity. No pollution, no mad traffic, no honking etc. felt so much in peace. Yes, we had to endure very bad roads & stoppages due to the road work going on, but that was only a minor irritant.

Thank you autobahnjpr for taking me back to those roads.. a trip to Badrinath and Kedarnath is in my bucket list. will have to plan to do it next year probably.

Am attaching couple of photographs of my trip to Dev Prayag !!

To Badrinath in a Honda City-img_20180924_085153_042.jpg

The road condition which improved after Kaudiyala

To Badrinath in a Honda City-img_20180924_085153_045.jpg

A small suspension bridge across the Ganga, which serves as a lifeline to the local people.

Thank you !!
Rajesh K R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 08:06   #29
BHPian

Thanks for a very good narration. Such a narration helps the traveler. Very few people know what is needed of a travalogue that would be useful to others. I would be doing Mumbai to Kedarnath this May 2020. Your review has given to me useful tips.
Old 24th January 2022, 13:15   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_112 View Post
Thanks for a very good narration. Such a narration helps the traveler. Very few people know what is needed of a travalogue that would be useful to others. I would be doing Mumbai to Kedarnath this May 2020. Your review has given to me useful tips.
Hi Arun, Did you do Mumbai to Kedarnath last year, iam planning to do this year i.,e char dham, please let me know the roads condition and the itinerary, Thanks,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks