Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2018, 21:42   #16
BHPian

Re: A trip down south: Road-trip from Mumbai to Ooty & Coorg in a Toyota Fortuner

Wonderful thread bro! I have done mumbai - bangalore - ooty and madumalai reserve as well in my 5 series last year! Beautiful roads

Ps. I stayed at sterling fern hill as well
DanishP9797 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 22:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: A trip down south: Road-trip from Mumbai to Ooty & Coorg in a Toyota Fortuner

Hi Dean. Brilliant travelogue and write up.

It all boils down to the narration that keeps the readers engaged. I enjoyed it thoroughly. 14kmpl on your return journey from the monster must be a thankful gesture to you from it for taking it out on a highway and most importantly to its 4x4 territory, where it actually belonged.

Overall a wonderful travelogue. I hope to travel up north once in the coming years
gururajrv is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 15:40   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanishP9797 View Post
Quote:
Wonderful thread bro! I have done mumbai - bangalore - ooty and madumalai reserve as well in my 5 series last year! Beautiful roads
Thanks bro. Must have one heck of a road trip in the Bimmer!

Quote:
Ps. I stayed at sterling fern hill as well
What a coincidence! Good property though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Quote:
Hi Dean. Brilliant travelogue and write up.

It all boils down to the narration that keeps the readers engaged. I enjoyed it thoroughly. 14kmpl on your return journey from the monster must be a thankful gesture to you from it for taking it out on a highway and most importantly to its 4x4 territory, where it actually belonged.

Overall a wonderful travelogue.
Thanks for your kind words and really happy that you liked my narration.

Quote:
I hope to travel up north once in the coming years
All the best for that
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 11:39   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
The Itinerary was as such:
Day 1: Halt somewhere close to Ooty(I was unsure of this place till a day before leaving for the trip)
Day 2: Reach Ooty
Day 3: Leave for Coorg
Day 4: Relax at Coorg
Day 5: Leave for Bangalore
Day 6: Morning start for Mumbai.
I had read this thread when it went live just because the writing was lucid yet interesting and I love reading everything (ok most of them) on Team BHP Knew some point of time I would need reference and help from this thread.

I am doing a road trip from Mumbai - Solapur - Hampi - Mysore - Ooty - Coorg - Honnaver - Malvan - Mumbai. Sole driver in a low slung Ameo DSG.

Mumbai - Solapur is sorted. Solapur - Hampi is also sorted. Hampi - Mysore probably just follow the Google maps? Mysore - Ooty, have asked a query on the route thread (if to go via Masinagudi) Now, seeking help for route from Ooty to Coorg. I am too a Club Mahindra Member and have a booking at Club Mahindra Virajpet (preferred it over Madikeri as it was newly built) As per Google Maps there are three routes shown. I am looking for the one which is safe yet picturesque. We are not in a hurry so will like to enjoy the scenary, travel and keep us and the car safe throughout.
Attached Thumbnails
A trip down south: Road-trip from Mumbai to Ooty & Coorg in a Toyota Fortuner-screenshot_20240107113722_maps.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks