Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2018, 10:39   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Exploring new frontiers : Trip to the Bribie Sand Island, off Brisbane

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Brilliant pics, Benny! Some of these pics are so soothing to the eye, can't imagine how beautiful the beaches would be in reality.

This thread reminded me of one of the most haunting novels I've read - On the beach, by Nevil Shute.

Cheers,
Vikram
Thanks Vikram. The beaches are quite beautiful, and owing to the abundance of beaches, not too crowded too.,

This website describes it perfectly as below:
Quote:
Beach paradise
Australia’s coastline stretches almost 50,000 kilometres and is linked by over 10,000 beaches, more than any other country in the world. More than 85 per cent of Australians live within 50 kilometres of the coast, making it an integral part of our laid-back lifestyle. If you were to visit a new beach in Australia every day, it would take you over 27 years!
https://www.travellers.com.au/plan-y...stralia-facts/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The itch to visit a beach this winters and gorge on seafood has grown multi-folds thanks to this thread.
Thanks Sheel. Glad you enjoyed the pics.

Quote:
What tire specs are on this Montero [let me call it that].
My car sports AT light truck tyres from Bridgestone. The code is D697 - A/T
https://www.bridgestonetyres.com.au/dueler-at-d697
benbsb29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 07:10   #32
BHPian

Lovely and crisp. Pictures doing the talking, though the commentary was equally precise!
The Pajero is an iconic beast, but seemingly a near-extinction breed (very soon to be likely) in India considering the approach Mitsubishi is adopting for this market. As one Pajero owner to another, there is no other vehicle to match in terms of capability and class.
Owning a 2003 CBU that has clocked over 2.7 Lac km, and which doesnt even skip a beat under any circumstance, I just cannot fathom why the government does not emphasise on performance & efficiency rather than the age of a vehicle as long as it complies with the current standards. But that is another story.

Have fun, and keep posting!
Unavowed_X9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 10:57   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unavowed_X9 View Post
Lovely and crisp. Pictures doing the talking, though the commentary was equally precise!
The Pajero is an iconic beast, but seemingly a near-extinction breed (very soon to be likely) in India considering the approach Mitsubishi is adopting for this market. As one Pajero owner to another, there is no other vehicle to match in terms of capability and class.
Owning a 2003 CBU that has clocked over 2.7 Lac km, and which doesnt even skip a beat under any circumstance, I just cannot fathom why the government does not emphasise on performance & efficiency rather than the age of a vehicle as long as it complies with the current standards. But that is another story.

Have fun, and keep posting!
Thanks Unavowed_X9.

I agree with what you've said about the Pajero.

With the increasing scrutiny on emission norms, as well as changing consumer behaviour toward crossovers, the age of the heavy offroaders is numbered. Mitsubishi global themselves seem to be pushing the Pajero Sport as the Pajero replacement, as they are undecided about the viability of a new Pajero.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 16:38   #34
Team-BHP Support

I watch this You Tuber's videos a lot. I am sure this is going to interest you Benny

Old 14th December 2018, 06:54   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I watch this You Tuber's videos a lot. I am sure this is going to interest you Benny
Thanks Sheel. Fraser Island is definitely on the cards. Has to be a longer trip there, with camping involved as well.. hence the delay in planning it, at the moment.

In some ways, I consider Bribie island to be a training ground for the adventures at Fraser Island.
Old 10th May 2019, 17:23   #36
Team-BHP Support

Bribie trip

Exploring new frontiers : Trip to the Bribie Sand Island, off Brisbane-respe4584-copy.jpg

As is quite obvious by now, Bribie Island happens to remain among my favourite spots for a beach trip, as well as for some off-roading fun.
With my in-laws visiting, we decided to head to Bribie once again. The weather wasn't really ideal for a beach trip as the rain clouds were out, and the forecast predicted rain.

While it wasn't raining when we started from home, needless to say it began to pour as we were on our way. However, a plan was made and we decided to go ahead, rain not withstanding.

Crossed the bridge to get onto the island, and made our way to the newsagency where i would need to pick up the permit sticker, as i had paid for the permit online. The lady at the counter wished us a good time, while informing us that there would be very few people out on the beach today, owing to the weather.

By now the rain had stopped, but the wind was cold.
I stopped at the usual spot before the track entry to air down the tyres and observed there were still a fair number of people embarking on the same exercise.

All done, we made our way onto the track. Thanks to the rain, the sand was not as fine as it usually is, but was really choppy nevertheless. Twists and turns, not to forget some jumps as we had to carry through the momentum made for some interesting moments as we proceeded. Finally made our way to the beach entry, which is usually the most difficult spot as it is always choppy, and not to forget quite sandy too.

Conquered this too with relative ease, and what lay before us was kms of empty beach road.

As i have mentioned earlier, road rules apply when driving on the beach too, and the 30 kmph speed limit only emphasized the fact.

Exploring new frontiers : Trip to the Bribie Sand Island, off Brisbane-img_3554.jpg

Made our way to the second lagoon, and chose a spot to set camp.

Exploring new frontiers : Trip to the Bribie Sand Island, off Brisbane-img_3577.jpg

Last edited by benbsb29 : 10th May 2019 at 17:31.
Old 10th May 2019, 17:33   #37
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bribie trip

I had added an awning to the Pajero to be used during such trips, and it has proven to be a boon on multiple occasions, including today as we were to find out.

Exploring new frontiers : Trip to the Bribie Sand Island, off Brisbane-img_3584.jpg

Exploring new frontiers : Trip to the Bribie Sand Island, off Brisbane-img_3564.jpg

We had lunch that we had carried along, and the rest of the family went for a swim in the ocean. I stayed back with my daughter, making sand castles as we usually do, following which she too went to play in the ocean.

Exploring new frontiers : Trip to the Bribie Sand Island, off Brisbane-img_3580.jpg

Exploring new frontiers : Trip to the Bribie Sand Island, off Brisbane-img_3562.jpg

Exploring new frontiers : Trip to the Bribie Sand Island, off Brisbane-img_3583.jpg

In some time, the rain clouds decided to make merry and I quickly moved into the shelter provided by the awning.

Exploring new frontiers : Trip to the Bribie Sand Island, off Brisbane-img_3572.jpg

In between other families too came along and played by the lagoon, and the Ranger did their patrolling on atleast 3 occasions.

A different perspective

Exploring new frontiers : Trip to the Bribie Sand Island, off Brisbane-img_3568.jpg

Having spent a good amount of time by the beach, we decided to head home, with memories of yet another visit to this beautiful place to remember.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 10th May 2019 at 17:42.
Old 13th May 2019, 11:19   #38
Team-BHP Support

Bumping thread based on new posts composed and moved in from the Assembly Line section.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 16:35   #39
Team-BHP Support

With beaches opening, what better time to head out for some offroad driving, a privilege that we were deprived of as part of COVID restrictions. In additional to my annual 4WD permit for this area, i had to apply separately for a day pass to visit, in an attempt to control numbers of people on the beach. This pass is free, but numbers are limited.

I had applied for the pass about 2 weeks ago, and without a doubt there were cops and rangers who checked this before we were allowed access to the 4WD track. Fellow TBHPian kiku007 and family also joined us on the trip.

Exploring new frontiers : Trip to the Bribie Sand Island, off Brisbane-img_1183_1.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks